Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,774 posts
  • 386 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by KozMckPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

66E5ECB0-DDFB-481A-8798-E11A08F321F4 (resized).jpeg
    C17FCDAE-7AD4-4889-99E9-0A2E0AE5BB6C (resized).jpeg
    78843695-1C76-44E4-BEEC-44881E218FF6 (resized).jpeg
    394D2F60-CF84-497C-A8B7-587079268883 (resized).jpeg
    ECD86595-2B95-4F4E-98A9-489786F03B16 (resized).jpeg
    1034E777-4E2F-4CB1-83D9-8D8F3048D86B (resized).jpeg
    20211119_203956 (resized).jpg
    20211118_120515 (resized).jpg
    20211116_204855 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 5.31.13 PM (resized).png
    20211116_204902 (resized).jpg
    20211116_204924 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211113_182053835 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211113_182022581 (resized).jpg
    6ED519E5-A615-4AFD-8D64-9C416F19F958 (resized).jpeg
    06E0E692-C5C3-4EA5-850E-B28E0BBC5B9E (resized).jpeg

There are 2,774 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 56.
    #1701 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks for all of your responses guys. It's going to be a little while before I can get one but I am 99% sure that this is my next big purchase and I'm pretty excited about it.
    I'm not a hockey fan so I gotta figure out which teams that I want if I dont go with the miracle on ice version but that's no biggie there. I don't think that I will go with my home team the Columbus Blue Jackets though. For some reason I'm thinking that may not be too cool? I'm thinking maybe the Penguins and the NJ Devils maybe?
    Very excited though as I think it will be lots of fun and they are just beautiful looking also.

I would recommend the Stanley cup champions, St. Louis Blues!!!!!

#1702 2 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I would recommend the Stanley cup champions, St. Louis Blues!!!!!

Let's hope the Blues can do better then the Caps did after their Cup win.

#1703 2 years ago

In the Spokane / Coeur d'Alene (Washington/Idaho) area and looking to buy a coin operated (Super) Chexx. We have an arcade and I think this would do really well. Does anyone have one for sale? Will pay for shipping. Thanks!

#1704 2 years ago
    Quoted from benbjerke:

In the Spokane / Coeur d'Alene (Washington/Idaho) area and looking to buy a coin operated (Super) Chexx. We have an arcade and I think this would do really well. Does anyone have one for sale? Will pay for shipping. Thanks!

https://www.bringhomethedome.com/category/3/super-chexx

You can buy a brand new chexx straight from the factory. They have specials/sales sometimes. I have mine on route and it’s earnings are equivalent to my pins

#1705 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

https://www.bringhomethedome.com/category/3/super-chexx
    You can buy a brand new chexx straight from the factory. They have specials/sales sometimes. I have mine on route and it’s earnings are equivalent to my pins

It’s doing better or worse?

#1706 2 years ago

Next rev of the cup holder for those who were interested. Upgraded the material, made it stronger, added some text.

791D28D7-6CB6-444C-A8F7-2FDC1FFB7A8B (resized).jpeg7A3068B4-DEDA-4DBD-965A-6EB6D60CE1B4 (resized).jpeg850551C8-9CA5-433D-A2B2-D1EE6FDF28E1 (resized).jpegB15BBCCB-EB97-442D-B198-D0CB79529ADF (resized).jpegE01270F9-0377-4CF7-8610-157ADD90CF1C (resized).jpeg
    #1707 2 years ago

Cup holder looks fantastic!

#1708 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Next rev of the cup holder for those who were interested. Upgraded the material, made it stronger, added some text. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man those look amazing! Any thoughts on selling files to print??? Those really look great, nice job!

#1709 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Next rev of the cup holder for those who were interested. Upgraded the material, made it stronger, added some text. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I get the feeling that there could be lots of beer drinking going on when a group of friends get together playing Super Chexx.

#1710 2 years ago

I've had my Miracle on Ice super chexx for about a week, and I have to say its a great game. Great family fun, also really happy I purchased the cup holders, and LED's....

#1711 2 years ago

Has anyone installed one of these on their Super Chexx? How is it? Does the clear plastic cover fit over it? Any annoying glare on the ice surface?
    85B112BC-1CF4-44E2-95EB-F15336718D61 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
    #1712 2 years ago

Is there anywhere on PS or online that gives estimated values for Chexx/SuperChexx etc? I know they will vary due to age, condition, location, and seller. I am just curious.

Dave

#1713 2 years ago
    Quoted from daveddd14:

Is there anywhere on PS or online that gives estimated values for Chexx/SuperChexx etc? I know they will vary due to age, condition, location, and seller. I am just curious.
    Dave

I am new to the Super Chexx thing and know nothing but I would think that the guys in this thread could help for sure. Most people are seem to be very knowledgeable about them.

#1714 2 years ago
    Quoted from daveddd14:

Dave

These are the general price ranges I've seen over the last few years while looking for mine. I mainly looked in the North East and Midwest, I've heard they are cheaper down south. Almost anything can be fixed or replaced, they are tanks.

Original Chexx (83-90) - $600 - 1600
    Super Chexx (91-2018) - $800 - 2200 (The super chexx from 2001 on have added audio from Rick Jeanneret and seem to cost a few hundred more, I'm not sure if that is because of the audio or that they are usually in better condition)
    Super Chexx Pro (2018-) - $2400 up to NIB from ICE (I've only seen a few of these come up used so far)

Common replacement costs to consider.
    Dome - $327 plus a lot of shipping. (Pick it up in Buffalo if possible)
    Ice sheet - Plain/$115 NHL/$150
    Gear box - $16
    Net - $24
    Replacement players - $75 for a team
    Scoreboards and main boards are available but start to add up quickly.

If you have one you are looking at describe it or post a few pictures and I'm sure people can give you a price range.

#1715 2 years ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

These are the general price ranges I've seen over the last few years while looking for mine. I mainly looked in the North East and Midwest, I've heard they are cheaper down south. Almost anything can be fixed or replaced, they are tanks.
    Super Chexx (91-2018) - $800 - 2200 (The super chexx from 2001 on have added audio from Rick Jeanneret and seem to cost a few hundred more, I'm not sure if that is because of the audio or that they are usually in better condition)
    Super Chexx Pro (2018-) - $2400 up to NIB from ICE (I've only seen a few of these come up used so far)
    Gear box - $16
    Net - $24
    If you have one you are looking at describe it or post a few pictures and I'm sure people can give you a price range.

This is a great review/summary and I really appreciate it!

#1716 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Awesome! Can you do custom colors and text??

#1717 2 years ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

Gear box - $16
    Net - $24

Nice write-up. I would say he’s spot on with pricing in the Midwest and Texas area markets.

#1718 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Has anyone installed one of these on their Super Chexx? How is it? Does the clear plastic cover fit over it? Any annoying glare on the ice surface?
    [quoted image]

I have it in mine and it looks great - no glare.

#1719 2 years ago
    Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Awesome! Can you do custom colors and text??

I've sent him a PM but for right now I'm only doing black, may be doing red here as well. I could do custom text and colors but that's a lot more work.

#1720 2 years ago

I dont really have a favorite hockey team so I'm having trouble deciding on teams. I do however like the looks of the miracle on ice version. Just wondering what your guys thoughts are on that version?

Also I think I'm going to go with the split base. I assume that you can see a crack where the base is split, especially with the red base. Just curious how noticeable that is and does it look like crap? Dumb questions I know but I'm close to pulling the trigger on one of these and I want to do the right things. Thanks.

#1721 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont really have a favorite hockey team so I'm having trouble deciding on teams. I do however like the looks of the miracle on ice version. Just wondering what your guys thoughts are on that version?
    Also I think I'm going to go with the split base. I assume that you can see a crack where the base is split, especially with the red base. Just curious how noticeable that is and does it look like crap? Dumb questions I know but I'm close to pulling the trigger on one of these and I want to do the right things. Thanks.

According to their specs you would only need a split base for doorways less than 32”

#1722 2 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

According to their specs you would only need a split base for doorways less than 32”

I think I'd probably be ok with a regular base because my doors are considered to be 32" doors (I think?) but if you measure the inside of my door frames they are like 31" inches so that's what concerns me. What do you think?

#1723 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think I'd probably be ok with a regular base because my doors are considered to be 32" doors (I think?) but if you measure the inside of my door frames they are like 31" inches so that's what concerns me. What do you think?

If you turn the base sideways and use the curved sides to your advantage, you would easily clear that 31” door frame measurement.

That said, if you have a choice between solid and split base, I suggest the split base. One never knows where one might move, or which room it might need to go in.

#1724 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

If you turn the base sideways and use the curved sides to your advantage, you would easily clear that 31” door frame measurement.
    That said, if you have a choice between solid and split base, I suggest the split base. One never knows where one might move, or which room it might need to go in.

So the split isnt that noticable on the split base? I just dont want a bug ugly ass seem going down the middle and I want it to be good and solid like the regular base. I assume it is but just making sure.

#1725 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

So the split isnt that noticable on the split base? I just dont want a bug ugly ass seem going down the middle and I want it to be good and solid like the regular base. I assume it is but just making sure.

You might ask in the Pro owners thread if any of them have a picture of the split base. I have the regular base from the original chexx and it was TIGHT going through the door. My door frame is 31 1/4" at the narrowest point if that helps any. Definitely will have to remove the door for sure.

#1726 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have a red split base and the seam is not an issue. Basically invisible unless you get down low and up close. Even then at worst it looks like a very thin casting mark.

20191103_005613 (resized).jpg
    #1727 2 years ago
    Quoted from MLmotorsport:

I have a red split base and the seam is not an issue. Basically invisible unless you get down low and up close. Even then at worst it looks like a very thin casting mark.[quoted image]

I cant even see a seam at all on my phone so it must not be bad at all. Thanks for the reply and the picture.

#1728 2 years ago

So I had a 28" door and was able to get the regular base thru. I didn't want the split base. You can remove the top from the base which is easy then get the base right thru the door on its side. Worked great and no issues.

#1729 2 years ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

So I had a 28" door and was able to get the regular base thru. I didn't want the split base. You can remove the top from the base which is easy then get the base right thru the door on its side. Worked great and no issues.

What do you mean remove the top from the base, isnt the base all one piece?

#1730 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

What do you mean remove the top from the base, isnt the base all one piece?

He’s referring to the bubble part. The whole game is basically two parts. The base and the playfield/bubble

#1731 2 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

He’s referring to the bubble part. The whole game is basically two parts. The base and the playfield/bubble

Oh ok gotcha. I kinda figured that's what he meant but wanted to make sure.

#1732 2 years ago

Nope, that is not correct. You can not get the one piece base through a 28" door (2/4 door). You might have a 2/8 door but there is no way the one piece base fits through a 28" door.

I have a one piece base and it will not fit through a 30" (2/6) door. It will fit through at 32" (2/8) door though.

QSS

#1733 2 years ago

Dupe Post.

QSS

#1734 2 years ago

For those who were interested in red...

D0DF1772-021F-4166-8FC3-D64FEB5E52A2 (resized).jpegE027F9A3-7DE9-4616-920C-B6BD92CA68E1 (resized).jpeg
    #1735 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

For those who were interested in red...[quoted image][quoted image]

Those look really nice. Are they plastic or metal? You did an amazing job on those for real.

#1736 2 years ago

Oooo....that red looks great!

#1737 2 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Nope, that is not correct. You can not get the one piece base through a 28" door (2/4 door). You might have a 2/8 door but there is no way the one piece base fits through a 28" door.

I have a one piece base and it will not fit through a 30" (2/6) door. It will fit through at 32" (2/8) door though.

Yes, it is correct. I have a 29" door with a thin wood trim that brings the door opening to 28 1/2"-28 3/4'. I took the top off the base. I then put the base on it's side with the wider(bottom) going thru the door first. Once thru the door, I curved the base towards the open wall and continued until the base was in. Not sure if you tried it this way but it does work.

IMG_1773 (resized).JPG

#1738 2 years ago

Yes, it is correct. I have a 29" door with a thin wood trim that brings the door opening to 28 1/2"-28 3/4'. I took the top off the base. I then put the base on it's side with the wider(bottom) going thru the door first. Once thru the door, I curved the base towards the open wall and continued until the base was in. Not sure if you tried it this way but it does work.
    [quoted image]

Exactly how I maneuvered mine in.

#1739 2 years ago

I wonder if there's variation in the base size over the years? I have a Super Chexx and went to put it in a show home. I am a custom home builder and I was staging a unit and I thought it would be fun to put the Super Chexx in. The door in the room I wanted to place the game had a 2/6 door (30" wide) and it wasn't going through. Even when you took the top off and flipped the base on its side in an attempt to maneuver it through as described above.

Believe me, I tried and it wasn't gonna go so I'm redesigning my next building to accommodate a Super Chexx. 2/8 (32") doors as required.

QSS

#1740 2 years ago

Those cups are cool. How about Puck Luck on there in place of Hockey Time? Either way are they available for purchase?

#1741 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Agree, done the same thing!

Now as for the Molson Neon Hockey Mask..... a must for the Bubble Boy game! I have the red and white version. Still looking for the Bud Light Penguins version, even though it has the Pigeon logo on it!

#1742 2 years ago

Put Out to Pasture! The sun sets on another routed dome.

42BF4A1F-A8DC-40B3-B024-074089FBFDB9 (resized).jpeg
    #1743 2 years ago

Hey all... I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a new one of these and had a quick question. My basement doorway is 30" from door to inside frame. Will the standard base be able to be maneuvered through without taking off the basement door, or should I go with the split base to be safe? Just wondering if anyone has any experience with a similar measurement.

Thanks!

#1744 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spelly88:

Hey all... I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a new one of these and had a quick question. My basement doorway is 30" from door to inside frame. Will the standard base be able to be maneuvered through without taking off the basement door, or should I go with the split base to be safe? Just wondering if anyone has any experience with a similar measurement.
    Thanks!

Be safe. Split base. That way if you ever move and doorways are smaller, or tight turns up/down stairways, you never need to worry again.

#1745 2 years ago

Yes, it will fit. You may need to remove the top.

#1746 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spelly88:

Thanks!

Hope you are buying it factory direct...

#1747 2 years ago

Thanks for the responses... It sounds like I should go with the split base just to be safe... And yes, I'd buy it from the website directly...

One more question about that... Does anyone know if the LED option interacts with the game at all? Just wondering what people think... There wasn't much description on the website...

Thanks!

#1748 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spelly88:

Thanks!

I would go with the split base just to be safe and also they are supposed to be putting up one year same as cash financing this week sometime. They have the Pay Pal 6 months same as cash option right now. Just thought I would throw that out there in case it helps you any.

Which game are you going to get? I think I'm going to get the Miracle on ice version.

#1749 2 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would go with the split base just to be safe and also they are supposed to be putting up one year same as cash financing this week sometime. They have the Pay Pal 6 months same as cash option right now. Just thought I would throw that out there in case it helps you any.
    Which game are you going to get? I think I'm going to get the Miracle on ice version.

Really leaning towards getting a Flyers (home) vs Penguins (White away) NHL version. I figure my boys would at least understand that one, rather than the MOI or USA-Canada versions. Plus, I could see eventually maybe trying to get the players painted with actual numbers and names if I could find someone to do it...

#1750 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spelly88:

Thanks for the responses... It sounds like I should go with the split base just to be safe... And yes, I'd buy it from the website directly...
    One more question about that... Does anyone know if the LED option interacts with the game at all? Just wondering what people think... There wasn't much description on the website...
    Thanks!

I have a new Super Chexx Pro that has the LED lights. I will say they are very well done, and I have no regrets buying that option. That being said they do not interact with game play (not sure why). I actually asked this question directly to ICE prior to purchasing.

There are 2,774 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 56.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside