Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 3,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 63.
    #1651 4 years ago

Found these listed in the ICE website parts section....could we now modify original Super Chexx with the new scoreboard system?

2847150C-3876-4BD0-A3C6-EC7D213855F9 (resized).jpeg2847150C-3876-4BD0-A3C6-EC7D213855F9 (resized).jpeg80DEEB0B-E942-43FB-97C5-62C3FC6B4195 (resized).jpeg80DEEB0B-E942-43FB-97C5-62C3FC6B4195 (resized).jpeg
    #1652 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Found these listed in the ICE website parts section....could we now modify original Super Chexx with the new scoreboard system?[quoted image][quoted image]

My guess is that the answer is yes. However, it's not just as simple as buying those boards. You'd need wiring harnesses, etc. By the time you add up all that expense (regular version + $1k in parts at least) you'd probably be better off just selling you current one and buying a new one.

#1653 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

My guess is that the answer is yes. However, it's not just as simple as buying those boards. You'd need wiring harnesses, etc. By the time you add up all that expense (regular version + $1k in parts at least) you'd probably be better off just selling you current one and buying a new one.

Yeah agree with your logic but there's always some circumstances that make it worth while for some. I have a 2005 Limited Edition Super Chexx (#99 of 100 made) that I prefer not to part with but wouldn't mind adding the update scoreboard to it.

#1654 4 years ago

Marvel vs DC!!

IMG952748 (resized).jpgIMG952748 (resized).jpgIMG952749 (resized).jpgIMG952749 (resized).jpgIMG952750 (resized).jpgIMG952750 (resized).jpgIMG952751 (resized).jpgIMG952751 (resized).jpgIMG952752 (resized).jpgIMG952752 (resized).jpgIMG952753 (resized).jpgIMG952753 (resized).jpgIMG952754 (resized).jpgIMG952754 (resized).jpgIMG952755 (resized).jpgIMG952755 (resized).jpgIMG952756 (resized).jpgIMG952756 (resized).jpgIMG952758 (resized).jpgIMG952758 (resized).jpgIMG952759 (resized).jpgIMG952759 (resized).jpgIMG952760 (resized).jpgIMG952760 (resized).jpgIMG952761 (resized).jpgIMG952761 (resized).jpgIMG952762 (resized).jpgIMG952762 (resized).jpgIMG952763 (resized).jpgIMG952763 (resized).jpgIMG952768 (resized).jpgIMG952768 (resized).jpgIMG952769 (resized).jpgIMG952769 (resized).jpg
    #1655 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Marvel vs DC!!

Ha! That's nutty but great!

#1656 4 years ago

Did you paint those yourself?

#1657 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hv9200:

Did you paint those yourself?

We had one of our employees do it. These pics are blurry. I have to get better ones. Then are really cool in person.

#1658 4 years ago

That's awesome.

Part of the problem with these is everyone wants to play the home team or USA team, you solved that problem.

#1659 4 years ago

yeah send it to rob, he could prob fix it

#1660 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

That's awesome.
    Part of the problem with these is everyone wants to play the home team or USA team, you solved that problem.

That's why I decided against my Slap Shot theme. Everyone would want to play as the Chiefs.

#1661 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

We had one of our employees do it. These pics are blurry. I have to get better ones. Then are really cool in person.

If they want to make some money...ill pay them to do another set

#1662 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hv9200:

If they want to make some money...ill pay them to do another set

Same here!
    Let me know

3 weeks later
    #1663 4 years ago

Hi all. I have a SuperChexx NHL version Oilers vs. Flames (not Pro).
    I found an Edmonton Oilers decal that is 9” in diameter so I stuck it in the middle of the ice for a custom look. It fits great and cutting the slots were easier than I thought.
    The decal surface is a little less slippery than the ice. On fast passes or shots, no problem. During a slow pass, the puck noticeably slows down a little.
    Is there a substance anyone knows that can buff into the decal to speed it up a little? Perhaps as the decal wears from the puck repeatedly sliding over it will smooth it out.
    Can anyone who has used a foreign decal on a SuperChexx ice sheet offer any advice?

806F793D-2550-493F-9E31-E06034DB398D (resized).jpeg806F793D-2550-493F-9E31-E06034DB398D (resized).jpeg9E46F07B-91C0-4EFB-AFB4-9345B2118C89 (resized).jpeg9E46F07B-91C0-4EFB-AFB4-9345B2118C89 (resized).jpeg30F4EC4C-5D92-4BEA-AF59-48EE562F3077 (resized).jpeg30F4EC4C-5D92-4BEA-AF59-48EE562F3077 (resized).jpeg
    #1664 4 years ago

Dunno if it will damage the decal, but I believe the manufacturer recommends using Pledge on the actual ice surface to speed things up a bit.

#1665 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oaken:

Dunno if it will damage the decal, but I believe the manufacturer recommends using Pledge on the actual ice surface to speed things up a bit.

Be reaaaaalllly careful with the pledge. I put pledge on my play surface and pretty much made the game unplayable. Way too fast... as in out of control fast.

Just FYI

#1666 4 years ago

How do people prevent their custom painted players from chipping? I have used multiple coats of spray and bush on clear, but still after every game I'm taking out a broom. Thankfully it's exclusively on the sticks, so I've been filling them in with Sharpie, but still I'm always concerned it's going to start coming off the players too.

#1667 4 years ago
    Quoted from GameGuy1976:

Hi all. I have a SuperChexx NHL version Oilers vs. Flames (not Pro).
    I found an Edmonton Oilers decal that is 9” in diameter so I stuck it in the middle of the ice for a custom look. It fits great and cutting the slots were easier than I thought.
    The decal surface is a little less slippery than the ice. On fast passes or shots, no problem. During a slow pass, the puck noticeably slows down a little.
    Is there a substance anyone knows that can buff into the decal to speed it up a little? Perhaps as the decal wears from the puck repeatedly sliding over it will smooth it out.
    Can anyone who has used a foreign decal on a SuperChexx ice sheet offer any advice?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Take a Carnauba Car Wax and wax the decal. Issue is the wax doesn't last a long time but it will make a big difference.

#1668 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

How do people prevent their custom painted players from chipping? I have used multiple coats of spray and bush on clear, but still after every game I'm taking out a broom. Thankfully it's exclusively on the sticks, so I've been filling them in with Sharpie, but still I'm always concerned it's going to start coming off the players too.

Triple thick clear coat has been what has been suggested to me. I have also heard that automotive clear coat works really well from another source.

#1669 4 years ago

I have a 83 Chexx with a blown pcb and have the chance to buy a 2006 Super chexx motherboard and scoreboard. Would I be able to basically turn my chexx into a super chexx with these additions? If anyone has experience with this any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

#1670 4 years ago
    Quoted from shumard76:

I have a 83 Chexx with a blown pcb and have the chance to buy a 2006 Super chexx motherboard and scoreboard. Would I be able to basically turn my chexx into a super chexx with these additions? If anyone has experience with this any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I think you should be able to convert it. The sensors and start buttons are the only thing you will be reusing and I don't think they have changed much over the years. You will have to redo the connectors but the super chexx board uses some standard molex connectors that you can get from most electronics parts suppliers. The connections look like they map over well. I have the part numbers for the molex connectors somewhere if you end up needing them send me a pm and I can find them on my old order. If you buy the board and decide not to convert send me a pm, I might be interested in buying it.

83ToSuperChexx (resized).jpg83ToSuperChexx (resized).jpg

#1671 4 years ago

I really appreciate it, will let you know if I buy it as I will need the part numbers for the connectors. Thanks again

Quoted from latenite04:

I think you should be able to convert it. The sensors and start buttons are the only thing you will be reusing and I don't think they have changed much over the years. You will have to redo the connectors but the super chexx board uses some standard molex connectors that you can get from most electronics parts suppliers. The connections look like they map over well. I have the part numbers for the molex connectors somewhere if you end up needing them send me a pm and I can find them on my old order. If you buy the board and decide not to convert send me a pm, I might be interested in buying it.
    [quoted image]

#1672 4 years ago

When I turn the rod for one of my players, it doesn't turn right away, there is quite a bit of "play". My first thought was it must be time to replace the gear. Do you guys agree? Anything else I should be considering or inspecting before ordering a gear?

#1673 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rhauf0:

When I turn the rod for one of my players, it doesn't turn right away, there is quite a bit of "play". My first thought was it must be time to replace the gear. Do you guys agree? Anything else I should be considering or inspecting before ordering a gear?

The only other thing I can think of is a loose rod coupler screw but it's probably time for a new gearbox. If you are ordering direct from ice think about any other parts you need, new puck or player washers, because you will pay the same $10 processing fee for one item or many.

1 month later
    #1674 4 years ago

We know how great is our game. But we also know how difficult it is to find same level opponents. Hope this map will help to link players. Don't hesitate to add your location and share.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gtIPqTKxCajlpfgaEkx_OMag6E47ACQ5&usp=sharing

1 week later
    #1675 4 years ago

I made a prelim version of a cup holder for chexx games. I wanted one where I didn’t have to drill to install it.

20F0E760-E8BE-4B03-8B31-E851FC71EEF9 (resized).jpeg20F0E760-E8BE-4B03-8B31-E851FC71EEF9 (resized).jpeg80EC70C1-2F69-48C8-A886-5DFCD9483E1E (resized).jpeg80EC70C1-2F69-48C8-A886-5DFCD9483E1E (resized).jpeg
    #1676 4 years ago

That is a great idea for cupholder. Will you be offering those for sale?

#1677 4 years ago

Or even better, share the plans so people can print their own.

#1678 4 years ago

Ummm, that's where the smokes go! Not diet pops!

20191007_165240 (resized).jpg20191007_165240 (resized).jpg
    #1679 4 years ago

Im thinking real hard about joining this club. To all the people who own one of these i want you to please be be straight up, is bubble hockey really a lot of fun and do you recommend buying one? I wont lie, I’ve never played one but they are beautiful and they look like they could be lots of fun. Are they fun with two people? More fun with four people? Right now im sick of all the playfield issues in pinball and im thinking this might be a cool addition to my game room, but i only want it if its fun and if it will get played and enjoyed by me and my guest.

#1680 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im thinking real hard about joining this club. To all the people who own one of these i want you to please be be straight up, is bubble hockey really a lot of fun and do you recommend buying one? I wont lie, I’ve never played one but they are beautiful and they look like they could be lots of fun. Are they fun with two people? More fun with four people? Right now im sick of all the playfield issues in pinball and im thinking this might be a cool addition to my game room, but i only want it if its fun and if it will get played and enjoyed by me and my guest.

You will not regret....best party game around

#1681 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Let me first say I don’t have one, BUT I’ve been played these things for many many years and have a couple friends that have one. These games suck people in like a magnet. Probably because it doesn’t look intimidating. Smack the puck around and try to score. The competition during play is awesome. Adults, kids and everyone in between will get amped up. Only downfall is you always need a competitor to play. The more you play the more you learn skills and techniques and if your buddies are up to that level also, the shit talking really gets going.

#1682 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I’ve got one on location at my local brewery. It earns well. It’s definitely for 4 players, really hard to play with 2 people. If you have a few friends over, it’s fun! I bought a nice used chexx for $1500. Definitely a good bang for the buck compared to a pin

580B0C5D-63EA-4DED-BCE5-69E0E080E650 (resized).jpeg580B0C5D-63EA-4DED-BCE5-69E0E080E650 (resized).jpeg
    #1683 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I’ve got one on location at my local brewery. It earns well. It’s definitely for 4 players, really hard to play with 2 people. If you have a few friends over, it’s fun! I bought a nice used chexx for $1500. Definitely a good bang for the buck compared to a pin[quoted image]

Two player is awesome when you get good at it. The gameplay is less erratic because it boils down to skill and strategy instead of chance and luck slapping the puck around. But it’s the fact that you can just slap the puck around and win that sucks people to the game. It’s such an awesome staple for any game room, rec room, or bar.

#1684 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

No brainer....I just got mine...fully loaded with coin mechs, cup holders, LED's...I went with Miracle on Ice....I also just bought a Galaxy Fire Dart machine....those two get more plays than any of my pinball games.....and the good news is their half the price of a pinball game, don't break, and you'll never have play field issues.

#1685 4 years ago
    Quoted from nmns26:

We know how great is our game. But we also know how difficult it is to find same level opponents. Hope this map will help to link players. Don't hesitate to add your location and share.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gtIPqTKxCajlpfgaEkx_OMag6E47ACQ5&usp=sharing

The link above isn't valid anymore. To take into account some true remarks received, I tried to build a webpage combining forum (to contact each other) and interactive map. Here is the result:
    http://halloftablehockey.comxa.com/
    Hope this one will suit better...

#1686 4 years ago

Thanks for all of your responses guys. It's going to be a little while before I can get one but I am 99% sure that this is my next big purchase and I'm pretty excited about it.

I'm not a hockey fan so I gotta figure out which teams that I want if I dont go with the miracle on ice version but that's no biggie there. I don't think that I will go with my home team the Columbus Blue Jackets though. For some reason I'm thinking that may not be too cool? I'm thinking maybe the Penguins and the NJ Devils maybe?

Very excited though as I think it will be lots of fun and they are just beautiful looking also.

#1687 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks for all of your responses guys. It's going to be a little while before I can get one but I am 99% sure that this is my next big purchase and I'm pretty excited about it.
    I'm not a hockey fan so I gotta figure out which teams that I want if I dont go with the miracle on ice version but that's no biggie there. I don't think that I will go with my home team the Columbus Blue Jackets though. For some reason I'm thinking that may not be too cool? I'm thinking maybe the Penguins and the NJ Devils maybe?
    Very excited though as I think it will be lots of fun and they are just beautiful looking also.

I'm not a hockey fan either so I just went with the Miracle on Ice version.....we have foosball, which the kids enjoy, but super chexx is on a different level. Foosball table just sits there now

#1688 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm not a hockey fan either so I just went with the Miracle on Ice version.....we have foosball, which the kids enjoy, but super chexx is on a different level. Foosball table just sits there now

I think Foosball is cool but for whatever reason I could just never get good at it. The Super Kixx looks sweet also but man the price on that thing is just too much!

#1689 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think Foosball is cool but for whatever reason I could just never get good at it. The Super Kixx looks sweet also but man the price on that thing is just too much!

I'm with ya...Pull the trigger on that Super Chexx Pro....the Miracle version with the cups, and LED's is awesome....

#1690 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Excellent choice to buy one. We play nothing but one-on-one, meaning 2 people. It's cool to pass the pack from a wing to the center and quick shoot the puck. Can't do that with a second player on your team, it's more puck slapping, although in that case you do have a dedicated person on goalie. With one-on-one, the goalie gets set and left and picked up again when you sense a threat. Anyway, one-on-one is best at least IMHO. And when you do buy it, if NIB, buy it direct from icegame.com.

#1691 4 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

Or even better, share the plans so people can print their own.

Yes love the cup holder idea and would be totally interested in set or plans to print! Nice work.

#1692 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

It’s definitely for 4 players, really hard to play with 2 people. If you have a few friends over, it’s fun![quoted image]

Only hard for two players if they both suck! 4 players makes it a blast as a “party” game. But serious competition players prefer the one-on-one action.

Have you held any bubble hockey tournaments yet? Wednesday nights are national TV hockey nights...could be a good winter draw for the location?!

#1693 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm with ya...Pull the trigger on that Super Chexx Pro....the Miracle version with the cups, and LED's is awesome....

I may go with the Miracle on ice version, cant decide really. The pro players seem to be painted up a little bit better maybe? I noticed their faces are painted where the other players have white faces. Not a big deal really I don't guess. So the LED lights on the outside of the game are a nice option to have are they?

#1694 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I may go with the Miracle on ice version, cant decide really. The pro players seem to be painted up a little bit better maybe? I noticed their faces are painted where the other players have white faces. Not a big deal really I don't guess. So the LED lights on the outside of the game are a nice option to have are they?

Their kinda cool....wish they interacted with the game....I figure for $200 why not give it a shot....shit it costs $150 + shipping for a stupid shaker on my CGC games.

#1695 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Their kinda cool....wish they interacted with the game....I figure for $200 why not give it a shot....shit it costs $150 + shipping for a stupid shaker on my CGC games.

Lol that's true. The cup holders are a must, gotta have a place to put your beer!

#1696 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol that's true. The cup holders are a must, gotta have a place to put your beer!

Absolutely....I got two probably pretty easy to add later, but it was a no brainer for me ....

#1697 4 years ago

Although I quit over 10 years ago, I'm re-making the chrome cigarette decals for my '83 Chexx.

Chexx_cigarette-decal_X_Oct15-2019 (resized).jpgChexx_cigarette-decal_X_Oct15-2019 (resized).jpg
    #1698 4 years ago
    Quoted from OTTOgd:

Although I quit over 10 years ago, I'm re-making the chrome cigarette decals for my '83 Chexx. [quoted image]

If you make extras sure people would buy them. I might even be interested even though they weren't originally on my machine.

Curious if anyone knows what year they ceased adding these decals to the machine. I purchased my 2005 LE machine new and they were not on it so sometime before 2005 they stopped.

#1699 4 years ago

So is the Blue Super Chexx the rarest Bubble Hockey around? I had a collector tell me that just curious if this was true?

#1700 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

So is the Blue Super Chexx the rarest Bubble Hockey around? I had a collector tell me that just curious if this was true?

The blue version is the original version and is just “Chexx”.

I wouldn’t call any version “rare” outside of the 2005 Limited Editions they did. The Bud Light games have some collectibility but they are seen pretty often.

The blue base is probably the least valued one of all of them.... only because of the old boards and the scoreboards being out of production.

If it’s missing the red player rod grips, then that devalues it more, as they are unobtanium.

The original “chexx” players had bases made of molded plastic, whereas newer players have the metal rod in them. The plastic base will strip out eventually. So factor in two new player sets in the pricing equation.

Condition would make a difference....any pics/price they are asking?

There are 3,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/34?hl=raegor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.