6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,836 posts
  • 283 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 minutes ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 100 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 504 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN0165 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0162 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0166 (resized).JPG
    20161026_161229 (resized).jpg
    865B12B0-DB44-4E48-9354-78CA186ED3D0 (resized).jpeg
    F1C4F1AA-204E-4C55-9E36-1F8EE2A15105 (resized).jpeg
    SCBHPRO (resized).jpg
    Hockey (resized).jpg
    7BBC91C4-B901-4F31-854A-C7E7D1BA24C2 (resized).jpeg
    CB47F075-4BB4-4122-BE9E-E4F05E1064A6 (resized).jpeg
    102F40A8-86FC-4E30-B777-0E8216E2D256 (resized).jpeg
    D75F9283-D167-4F71-BFB0-ABB6CE1EF3C6 (resized).jpeg
    FFD23181-8CC7-4D16-8296-1A2544A2E14C (resized).jpeg
    C9227EAA-B227-49F8-8E4A-3B3A06B68912 (resized).jpeg
    42BF4A1F-A8DC-40B3-B024-074089FBFDB9 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1773 (resized).JPG

There are 1836 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 37.
    #1451 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

What exactly is “theHeart” referenced above? Does the $795 replace, not only the scoreboard, but the main board mounted underneath the playfield in the base?
    Does it come with a keyboard to enter information?
    How does this work with the dome installed? Can if fit inside the bubble or does it sit on top? How does that affect playfield lighting?
    Lots of questions on this “mod”....

Yes theHEART is our new box that contains the electronics/amp/ect it replaces your old board. You just unplug the old molex cables connected to your original board and plug us in!!! allowing you to not touch any of your old system so you can go back to your original when ever you want (you wont go back!)

We also do custom ice with any logos you want!

Yes it comes with a small air mouse (see in picture) so you can move around on the screen. You point the controller on the screen and the courser moves back side of remote is a keyboard

if you keep your dome it would mount the same way as with our theBOARDS but would sit above your dome. The light is still bright and you also can see better and not have the issue of the old score board blocking the opposing players net!! HATE THAT and im short @ 5'9 also you can move it up and down the support arm on the bracket to different height options if your a GIANT.

Mike

theJUMBOTRON kit parts layout (resized).jpg
    #1452 1 year ago

Ordered these from ICE. Anyone else using/used these? How do they work? I don’t want to drill holes in the side of the game only to find out I don’t use them.

What about strong two sided tape that could hold a beer? Any recommendations?

42A491C2-1A43-4088-9060-BEB950F17400 (resized).jpegB06369AA-31D7-449E-A4A1-590B35855935 (resized).jpegC2186127-A0FB-4474-B847-F81CE1ED831C (resized).jpeg
    #1453 1 year ago

What about strong two sided tape that could hold a beer? Any recommendations?

amazon.com link »

I work with this tape daily .... It will do the job.

81Sy99WVkeL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    #1454 1 year ago

Tape ordered. How tough is it to remove, if necessary?

#1455 1 year ago
    Quoted from zimmer62:

Is anyone willing to sell me and old set of players after they swapped out for new players?
    Knowing that painting them will take me quite a bit of time I don't want my Super Chexx out of commission while I'm doing that.

Did you find a set yet? PM me if you still looking for old sets of players.

#1456 1 year ago

Razor and goo gone and it will come but will take some elbow grease. VHB is the best bonding tape you can get. We have hung commercial soap dispensers with it so a beer should be easy

#1457 1 year ago

How tough is it to remove

Strong fishing line will do the trick to remove / any excess you can roll of with thumb .... If it were me I would do 2 strips of tape 1 on top and 1 on bottom.
    You may need to double up on tape. You could add some silicone to middle if you like (Dont let touch tape) all is removable ... (Tape alone is fine ... Press it hard to get a full bond)

Maybe do a test before you attach to game .... Could tape two similar materials together holding a full beer bottle just get an idea of amount of tape you feel comfortable using or not using.

#1458 1 year ago

Plastic razor blades and Goo Gone will do the trick. The link below is for plastic razor blades. Scroll to the very bottom after clicking on the link.

Gord

http://www.pinrestore.com/Tools.html

#1459 1 year ago

I added a center ice logo, some in-ice logos, and blue goal creases. I think it turned out well. Most importantly, it doesn't impact the game play at all, which was my big fear.

1117180725 (resized).jpg
    #1460 1 year ago

Anyone removed the SD card and looked at the contents?

I’m wondering how difficult to replace some of the sounds.

#1461 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mojosan:

Anyone removed the SD card and looked at the contents?
    I’m wondering how difficult to replace some of the sounds.

someone did in the chexx pro thread. I opened the image and I think it was just mp3's so i want to say it would be "easy"

3 weeks later
    #1462 11 months ago

Did anyone else see that Kixx soccer is back in a pro version. Looks like fun.

https://www.icegame.com/category/1513/super-kixx-pro

#1463 11 months ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

Did anyone else see that Kixx soccer is back in a pro version. Looks like fun.
    https://www.icegame.com/category/1513/super-kixx-pro

I just watched the promo video. Wow! I am impressed. I owned a Super Kixx and sold it for space.

This is huge improvement. Originals had actual turf for the playing surface. And while it’s very cool, it plays slow. This appears to be a hard surface where the ball should move a little faster.

Will be interested to see what pricing will be.

1 week later
    #1464 11 months ago

Hi all! Picked up a one owner HUO Super Chexx. Debating whether to keep it or trade it for a pin. If anyone in San Diego is interested let me know.

06247BFB-23F1-40D6-8EB5-C42E29A32D4D (resized).jpeg4D08F022-B7FA-433C-8EC2-7916DFF58ABC (resized).jpeg5173C618-05E4-4B90-B89E-353614B4526C (resized).jpeg53F570F0-8548-4C1B-B5A8-E70FBD3311A9 (resized).jpeg6878EBFD-1632-4BFF-8C21-85EA870F9E35 (resized).jpeg6D9FD38A-2958-46D7-B436-DA09FEED4CA1 (resized).jpegDB9C4137-C0F5-4144-AB9D-38FEDD83BE5C (resized).jpegE61C8DE7-D7ED-43AC-A6D8-9FD23BB86266 (resized).jpegF50CEEC1-E4A0-4738-8DDF-2385D6DD0318 (resized).jpeg
    #1465 11 months ago

That’s a beautiful Super Chexx! I would say it’s the best generation/model they produced. Classic USA vs Canada model. Playfield artwork plain and simple. Best sound ROM of them all with hair-trigger boo button response. If I were closer, I’d pick it up for sure. Hard to find that generation in such mint condition. Keep it!

#1466 11 months ago

Thanks blitzburgh99! I’ve only played a couple games with my daughter but I’m having a get together soon and it’s sure to get a lot more play then. I think I am going to keep this one and it will be a great addition to my pin collection. Thanks again!

#1467 11 months ago

What’s the current price range for a used Super Chexx?

#1468 11 months ago

I don't think they have changed a whole lot...$1,250 plus or minus $250.

#1469 11 months ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't think they have changed a whole lot...$1,250 plus or minus $250.

OK Thank You - appreciate the quick answer.

#1470 11 months ago

Seems like a steady supply on eBay for $1,500 to $2,000.

#1471 11 months ago

South High...check your PM.

Go Indians.

#1472 11 months ago

blue goalie crease question.

Where can I find one? Does it disrupt puck or stick? Do you "feel" the difference? And does anyone here have the chexxmods goalie net? Happy with it?

Thank you kindly

#1473 11 months ago
    Quoted from cherryandblue:

Where can I find one? Does it disrupt puck or stick? Do you "feel" the difference?

Danbillsfan on ebay sells them. You can usually search ebay for chexx to find them unless he's out at the moment or email him at danscustombubblehockey@yahoo.com.

#1474 11 months ago

great...thanks latenite...I'll take a look.

#1475 11 months ago

At the NY NY arcade

87AD5B7D-1686-4CBC-874B-4D0C22320735 (resized).jpeg
    #1476 11 months ago

I have the super chexx pro with Leafs vs North Stars. I have a bunch of decal stickers for Leafs and HNIC etc. But I'm looking for North Stars stickers/ decals and a round rug to stand on. Can't find it anywhere. Anyone have any insight?

Also, my brother has the original 83 chexx. I got him the blue decal sticker on outside runner to clean it up a bit. Do I need to scrape off old one or just go over it?

#1477 11 months ago

Also
    Anyone remove
    Players on new pro
    Model yet ? I’ve got some new players coming in and went to remove
    A guy and the washer deformed
    Itself coming out of slot and also stress cracked ice. I lined up base and all. So I’m dreading removing the rest. Seems
    Much more
    Difficult. What’s procedure for player
    And goalie on new
    Machine ? Please
    Help. Thanks

#1478 11 months ago

Where can I find one? Does it disrupt puck or stick? Do you "feel" the difference? And does anyone here have the chexxmods goalie net? Happy with it?
    Thank you kindly

I got the blue goal creases from Dan and they look great and had zero effect on the puck.

#1479 11 months ago

But I'm looking for North Stars stickers

If you are good with photoshop you could make your own. http://gameroominfo.com/2017/10/17/putting-numbers-names-chexx-bubble-hockey-players/
    Heres a really old post that has an email address in it. He may still be taking work. http://chexxfan.proboards.com/thread/1036/pictures-custom-super-chexx

My brother has a bunch of custom teams. He says some use stickers and some are painted. He said the sticker ones are just printed on labels and stuck on the guys.

The painted ones, he had a guy on Ebay paint them a long time ago.

He just sent me this link. I dont know anything about them. http://www.partypucks.com/game-customization.html

#1480 11 months ago

Thank you both for the responses. Glad to hear that the blue crease doesn't muff up anything. I was aware of the chexxfan option. My wife did just get a new printer so...I'll give it a whack myself and test it out on some old players.

and now my most pressin' issue at the bubble moment.

Anyone remove Players on new pro
    Model yet ?

I’ve got some new players coming in and went to remove A guy and the washer deformed
    Itself coming out of slot and also stress cracked ice. I lined up base and all. So I’m dreading removing the rest. Seems
    Much more
    Difficult.
    What’s procedure for player And goalie on new
    Machine ? Please
    Help. Thanks

#1481 10 months ago

With how chexx keeps things the same, I would assume removal is the same as before. With new washers the players are hard to remove.

#1482 10 months ago

Right...I saw that video and have changed guys in past on older chexx model...they didn't have plastic washer in them so it was simple. This is a new PRO machine and the washer is present on every players. So I'm wondering if anyone else has tried. Thank you for looking for me. I appreciate it.

#1483 10 months ago

Right...I saw that video and have changed guys in past on older chexx model...they didn't have plastic washer in them so it was simple. This is a new PRO machine and the washer is present on every players. So I'm wondering if anyone else has tried. Thank you for looking for me. I appreciate it.

The washer is supposed to be on each player. You’re pulling a square out of a circle, hold the ice and pull like crazy. On old games it’s easier as the washer has been worn.

#1484 10 months ago

Yeah, needed to use free hand to pin the washer from coming up with player. Fresh washers are difficult.

side note, anyone aware of David Barcelou?

1 week later
    #1485 10 months ago

Just wanted to post pictures of my home made Super Chexx topper. The pre-LCD model (mine is the NHL model Bruins vs Canadiens) has an exposed metal washer on the top. I recently brought my young son to a Bruins vs Canadiens game in Boston and we bought the puck I used for the topper. Easy to make, 4 ceramic magnets, and another similar sized metal washer attached to the underside of the puck, attached using a poster double sided adhesive backed tab. All parts bought at HD or Lowes, probably about $15 including the puck. I hope you like it!

Super Chexx Puck Topper (resized).jpgSuper Chexx Puck Topper Assy (resized).jpg

#1487 10 months ago

This would be a cool topper as well, assembled the same as the puck topper was.

Rep SC (resized).jpg
    #1488 10 months ago

Anyone have a wiring diagram for the Wayne Gretzky Bubble Boy tourney machine? It has two boards (see photos) as opposed to one and they are fitted along with the power supply into the deck. There is nothing in the base.

IMG_9512 (resized).JPGIMG_9506 (resized).JPGIMG_9507 (resized).JPGIMG_9508 (resized).JPGIMG_9510 (resized).JPGIMG_9511 (resized).JPGIMG_9496 (resized).JPGIMG_9503 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #1489 10 months ago

I have a 2000's bud light super chexx and my scoreboard just stopped working anybody know why this would happen and how to fix???

#1490 10 months ago
    Quoted from zimma89:

I have a 2000's bud light super chexx and my scoreboard just stopped working anybody know why this would happen and how to fix???

Does the bulb still light up?

You’ll have to check the plug/ribbon cable on the main board. It’s on the opposite door of the coin door. See if it’s burnt or a fuse blew. If not take the ice off and see if the ribbon cable was cut open by the players and hole to cabinet. That should of been fixed by super chexx but good to check.

#1491 10 months ago

Yes the main light is on...Where would the fuse be ? On main board?

#1492 10 months ago
    Quoted from zimma89:

Yes the main light is on...Where would the fuse be ? On main board?

This site will be of big help

http://pinrepair.com/arcade/chexx.htm

There should be a fuse on the main board, but I’m not sure what it covers.

#1493 10 months ago

Need a bit of help on price. I have a Chex Hockey on a route that I wish to sell and upgrade to a new unit. its the basic USA vs Canada game that has a new deck/playfield on it. What is the going price on these
    ?

#1494 10 months ago

So is the new chexx pro($3600) worth the extra cash over a used super chexx($2000)? I've heard the sounds and lights are much improved, and other than the LCD display (which is cool), what else is different? Debating on getting a new one vs a used huo super. Thoughts?

#1495 10 months ago

Swapped my light to an LED and painted my guys up as Oilers and Flames

20190117_152533_001 (resized).jpg
    20190117_152701 (resized).jpg

#1496 10 months ago
    Quoted from libtech:

Swapped my light to an LED and painted my guys up as Oilers and Flames

That's great, except nobody would ever want to be the Oilers.

#1497 10 months ago

Hi guys new to pinside and need major help with a super chexx machine i picked up dirt cheap. Looks like i have the famous ice kixx circuit boards and a rats nest of a wire harness. Obviously nothing works when setting up to bench test. I get 12/8/5/volts from the power supply when pluged in. ive had no luck searching the net for wiring diagrams or pinouts for the score board or pcb. please let me know any info you guys might have thanks in advance.

IMG_0899[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0901[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0902[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0903[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0904[1] (resized).JPG
    #1498 10 months ago
    Quoted from jaybones9292:

Hi guys new to pinside and need major help with a super chexx machine i picked up dirt cheap. Looks like i have the famous ice kixx circuit boards and a rats nest of a wire harness. Obviously nothing works when setting up to bench test. I get 12/8/5/volts from the power supply when pluged in. ive had no luck searching the net for wiring diagrams or pinouts for the score board or pcb. please let me know any info you guys might have thanks in advance.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Here's a link to the kixx pdf manual that someone posted on klov a while ago. It has wiring diagrams at the end. If you can't get to the link let me know, I have the pdf downloaded somewhere.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbobzirg8l8k4tu/ICE-KIXX%20SOCCER-MANUAL.pdf?dl=0

#1499 10 months ago

Just pulled the plug on the NHL Pro Model with the Knights vs. Red Wings (I live in Vegas but was born in Detroit). Should be a nice addition to the game room.

#1500 10 months ago

the link worked i found that manual and downloded it already however it dosent give a pin out for the connector from the interface board to the ribbon cable

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinbotz
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 29.95
    $ 159.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 26.95
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 254.99
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.00
    £ 39.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 2.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    There are 1836 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 37.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside