Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,108 posts
  • 429 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Shaker
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 3,108 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 63.
    #1401 5 years ago

For Sale

Other - For Sale
    “HUO Super Chexx Bubble Hockey. Excellent condition. Solid base. Has coin Mechs,”
    2018-07-26
    Livonia, MI
    Archived after: 42 days
    Viewed: 62 times

#1402 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Post #1350. The logo for Wisconsin is simply the text in white. At that scale each letter is 1-2mm. That's far to detailed to cut out or color without some pretty specific tools.

I used the window decal from Vista print and Krazy glue. I think it worked well. Slight whitening from the Krazy glue.

1533349579698-1228511127 (resized).jpg1533349579698-1228511127 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #1403 5 years ago
    Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

Anybody have a problem with the puck not rolling down to the middle after a goal is scored. My route one works perfect except puck getting stuck. Have tore it apart and cleaned the troughs good but still gets stuck. Maybe I need a new puck? Todd

Quoted from northvibe:

Had league tonight. Man felt good to play Chexx again!!!! Only issue I had was (not sure if it was because of uneven floor) when a goal would happen, the puck eject may take 2-3 times to fire on try 2 it would award a goal to USA. Always USA. If I shook the game it would wiggle he puck and eject fine at each goal. So I think my floor isn’t level but that is an odd issue.

So a friend of mine has the SEGA knockoff, has had it for years. He never bolts his bubble down because the puck is always getting stuck (he yanks it out with a screwdriver). Finally while i was over there fixing a pinball issue, I went "This is ridiculous he has to do this all the time". So I watched the puck roll down with the ice off, and noticed sometimes the puck would roll right past the solenoid, and it wouldn't have momentum to roll back in position. So I pulled off each chute, cut a piece of green scotchguard to lift it up at the end a little (it's all I had with me), bolted it back down, and now there's a small drop on each side where the puck lands right in the center everytime. If anyone else has this issue, I suggest trying it.

#1404 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

So a friend of mine has the SEGA knockoff, has had it for years. He never bolts his bubble down because the puck is always getting stuck (he yanks it out with a screwdriver). Finally while i was over there fixing a pinball issue, I went "This is ridiculous he has to do this all the time". So I watched the puck roll down with the ice off, and noticed sometimes the puck would roll right past the solenoid, and it wouldn't have momentum to roll back in position. So I pulled off each chute, cut a piece of green scotchguard to lift it up at the end a little (it's all I had with me), bolted it back down, and now there's a small drop on each side where the puck lands right in the center everytime. If anyone else has this issue, I suggest trying it.

Yup, that is my issue. Puck rolls past the chute most scores. Mmm so just raise the end of the ramp at the chute?

#1405 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Mmm so just raise the end of the ramp at the chute?

Yes, the puck will clunk into the pocket between chutes right in the middle of the solenoid arm loop. You don't need to raise it a lot, just enough for the puck to stop and not continue rolling. Stick whatever you have underneath (paper, wood, foam), anything about an 1/8" thick and the width of the chute.

I remember as a kid playing these new having this same issue, and I'm amazed nobody play tested them to figure out what's going on down there.

3 weeks later
    #1406 5 years ago

Can someone share the SD card dump from the Pro with me? Also... has anyone looked over the SD card that's in the scoreboard?

#1407 5 years ago
    Quoted from zimmer62:

Can someone share the SD card dump from the Pro with me? Also... has anyone looked over the SD card that's in the scoreboard?

Might be better in the pro chexx thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superchexx-pro-owners-club

#1408 5 years ago

greensboro.craigslist.org link

Not mine ... But could be yours

#1409 5 years ago

Im back in the club!!! Got a super deal on a project game. Will post pics with progress as it develops...

77C2D4C3-63DF-40A0-AD43-157B55C5D477 (resized).jpeg77C2D4C3-63DF-40A0-AD43-157B55C5D477 (resized).jpeg
    #1410 5 years ago

After knocking all the dirt off of it, this one has potential to end up really really nice. So stoked! Red base/red top is best generation of Chexx/Super Chexx for me!

F73540CD-E24A-43E2-84D2-CCFCAC2B78C4 (resized).jpegF73540CD-E24A-43E2-84D2-CCFCAC2B78C4 (resized).jpeg
    #1411 5 years ago

hi folks i have a question.
    i may have a super chexx but in spanish version.
    it was games imported from the US but it does not encounter success in europe.
    the game is spain against united state.
    do you think it s possible to change the board or the sound chip to make him speak like the traditionnal super chexx?

#1412 5 years ago
    Quoted from stef34:

hi folks i have a question.
    i may have a super chexx but in spanish version.
    it was games imported from the US but it does not encounter success in europe.
    the game is spain against united state.
    do you think it s possible to change the board or the sound chip to make him speak like the traditionnal super chexx?

Call ICE and ask them for the US Rom chip. Should easily swap out. Any pics?

#1413 5 years ago

Holy cow! Shopping for parts on ICE website...$82 on a ball eject solenoid for chexx/old super chexx??? Can someone look and confirm that I’m seeing that correctly? New super chexx $52???

#1414 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Holy cow! Shopping for parts on ICE website...$82 on a ball eject solenoid for chexx/old super chexx??? Can someone look and confirm that I’m seeing that correctly? New super chexx $52???

I just checked and confirmed for the solenoid assembly and you are seeing correctly (Old Super Chexx/Chexx is $81.80 and Super Chexx New Version is $52.80).

https://www.icegame.com/category/22/super-chexx#parts

Gord

#1415 5 years ago

That’s kind of crazy. Guess I’ll just have to factor that into pricing when I’m a buyer moving forward.

#1416 5 years ago

Call ICE and ask them for the US Rom chip. Should easily swap out. Any pics?

thank u blitzburgh99 if i get it i will.

#1417 5 years ago

Is anyone willing to sell me and old set of players after they swapped out for new players?

Knowing that painting them will take me quite a bit of time I don't want my Super Chexx out of commission while I'm doing that.

#1418 5 years ago

I have another question about painting the ice surface.

Has anyone attempted to customize the ice surface?

I was thinking of flipping it over and painting it using vinyl stencils and an air brush, then removing the vinyl stencils.

I want to make sure it'll hold up and I want to make sure it'll have the same play texture so it doesn't affect the game.

If I could add a logo to the top without flipping and painting that would be ideal, but I feel like a logo sticker might catch the puck when sliding over the edges.

#1419 5 years ago

Ok....needs some troubleshooting help...I haven’t had this issue before.

Scoreboard displays not working. One has some garbbled lights sometimes. Pretty sure it’s the last one in the daisy chain. I disconnected connectors and reseated. Disconnected and cleaned pins with scotchbrite pad. Still nothing. I haven’t got under the hood yet to look at the board. The light bulb works.

Anyone else have trouble shooting ideas from similar issues on your game?

Everything else works fine. Powers up. Plays attract mode. Coins up and goes into play mode. Puck activates all sensors under the playfield. It’s just the scoreboards not working. Game has been sitting in warehouse for about 6 years.

#1420 5 years ago

It’s just the scoreboards not working

I just bought one of the kits from Boston Pinball .... Worth every penny

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1115-boston-pinball-company/01419-replacement-score-board-for-chexx-bubble-hockey

#1421 5 years ago
    Quoted from zimmer62:

If I could add a logo to the top without flipping and painting that would be ideal, but I feel like a logo sticker might catch the puck when sliding over the edges.

You could have whatever you wanted digitally printed on vinyl by most any sign shop ... I guess you could have it laminated while your at it as well.

#1422 5 years ago

Scoreboard displays not working. One has some garbbled lights sometimes.

I would start with swapping the board positions and see if the issue follows the board, maybe you have a bad wire in your daisy chain. If it follows the board I'd probably try re-flowing the solder on the MAX7219 chip which controls the segment displays. If that doesn't work I'd change out the ic. There are only two ic's on those boards, 74HC14 and MAX7219CNG, and both are cheap to replace.

#1423 5 years ago

Thank you for sharing. I’ve got a Super Chexx. These are for the Chexx, and yes. Worth every penny.

#1424 5 years ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

I would start with swapping the board positions and see if the issue follows the board, maybe you have a bad wire in your daisy chain. If it follows the board I'd probably try re-flowing the solder on the MAX7219 chip which controls the segment displays. If that doesn't work I'd change out the ic. There are only two ic's on those boards, 74HC14 and MAX7219CNG, and both are cheap to replace.

This is the kind of meaty stuff I need! My weekend “to-do” list

#1425 5 years ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

None of the boards are working. One shows garbbled stuff and is affected on and off when wiggled the connector wires. I switched that board with the one across from it, and still have none of the 4 boards working. Light bulb is working, so there is power getting to the scoreboard

#1426 5 years ago

Sounds like the data signal isn't getting to the scoreboard. I would check the ribbon cable for breaks, usually where it passes by the aluminum frame entering the base and next to the ice surface. If it changes when you wiggle it I would check the solder joints on the header. Do you have the parts around to make a short test ribbon cable?

#1427 5 years ago
    Quoted from zimmer62:

I have another question about painting the ice surface.
    Has anyone attempted to customize the ice surface?
    I was thinking of flipping it over and painting it using vinyl stencils and an air brush, then removing the vinyl stencils.
    I want to make sure it'll hold up and I want to make sure it'll have the same play texture so it doesn't affect the game.

I have a center ice logo on the way to me now. I had the same concerns about it altering the game play but folks that have done it tell me it they have not had any issues. I'll be able to tell you my experience first hand soon.

#1428 5 years ago

Saw this post this morning from players arcade in NJ 1000.00 obo looks pretty clean.

Screenshot_2018-10-14-08-29-02 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-10-14-08-29-02 (resized).png
    1 week later
    #1429 5 years ago

No time to play.

Other - For Sale
    “New a few months ago, no time to play. Perfect condition. Home version, all adjustments made from control panel on exterior. No keys needed. Located in North Dallas area.”
    2018-10-21
    Melissa, TX
    2,950 (Firm)
    Archived after: 41 days
    Viewed: 186 times

#1430 5 years ago

Sorry if this was already discussed. Can you upgrade a Super Chexx to a Super Chexx Pro? Is there an upgrade kit?
    Thanks

#1431 5 years ago
    Quoted from wisemanbba:

Sorry if this was already discussed. Can you upgrade a Super Chexx to a Super Chexx Pro? Is there an upgrade kit?
    Thanks

Cannot upgrade. Would need to buy entire new system for it. I haven’t seen any individual parts for Pro model listed on their website. My guess is the cost would exceed what you could get if you sold your Super Chexx, then added the difference and bought a whole new game.

#1432 5 years ago

Waiting for parts to arrive....will update the project as I bring this one back to life.

This is a Super Chexx “old” model. I believe it has the best soundtrack of them all. I like to leave the game on in the garage all the time just to hear the attract mode organ music play throughout the day. Music! Sweet music!

88D1D738-E89F-42B0-9963-FF6A2A8ED475 (resized).jpeg88D1D738-E89F-42B0-9963-FF6A2A8ED475 (resized).jpegE5F9BA31-1196-46C1-ADB4-B071672C305E (resized).jpegE5F9BA31-1196-46C1-ADB4-B071672C305E (resized).jpeg
    #1433 5 years ago

Blitzburgh99 - Did you clean the base? What did you use/how did you do it?

#1434 5 years ago

I've got a Super Chexx game that I'm looking to move. I bought the game brand new and it has been HOU its whole life. It's in perfect working order and in excellent shape.

Please see Market Place ad: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70508

QSS

#1435 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Yes, the puck will clunk into the pocket between chutes right in the middle of the solenoid arm loop. You don't need to raise it a lot, just enough for the puck to stop and not continue rolling. Stick whatever you have underneath (paper, wood, foam), anything about an 1/8" thick and the width of the chute.
    I remember as a kid playing these new having this same issue, and I'm amazed nobody play tested them to figure out what's going on down there.

I still need to do this! My employees complain about the puck not being ejected. and I know exactly what it is! I just don't want to take the ice off....ugh

#1436 5 years ago

These arrived today from a fellow Pinsider. Just got notification from ICE that the custom part of my order (2016 Penguins Stanley Cup Edition) has finally been completed and everything shipped. Estimated delivery 11-1-18.

F110B0DF-D29D-4E91-9342-6AE05D4951D1 (resized).jpegF110B0DF-D29D-4E91-9342-6AE05D4951D1 (resized).jpeg
    #1437 5 years ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

blitzburgh99 - Did you clean the base? What did you use/how did you do it?

It had lots of dirt on it. I used Windex (I know, its not good for plastics) and paper towels to knock all the big stuff off. Then followed up with Novus 1 wipedown.

1 week later
    #1438 5 years ago
    C1015FFE-D466-470F-A7A5-4A686CAF37FB (resized).jpegC1015FFE-D466-470F-A7A5-4A686CAF37FB (resized).jpeg
    #1439 5 years ago

Anyone ever buy anything from here?

https://chexxmods.com

#1440 5 years ago
    Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Anyone ever buy anything from here?
    https://chexxmods.com

I have not but it looks like they have done some pretty cool things... their mods aren't cheap... $795 for their jumbo tron and that isn't clear to me if that includes the pro kit or not which is what controls everything but I applaud them for their efforts. It is a complete retrofit for a Chexx. Replaces the bubble with boards... proper boards I might add. Pretty cool in general. I've been working on a raspberry pi retrofit for all Chexx games but this is well over the top from anything I was imagining.

#1441 5 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

I have not but it looks like they have done some pretty cool things... their mods aren't cheap... $795 for their jumbo tron and that isn't clear to me if that includes the pro kit or not which is what controls everything but I applaud them for their efforts. It is a complete retrofit for a Chexx. Replaces the bubble with boards... proper boards I might add. Pretty cool in general. I've been working on a raspberry pi retrofit for all Chexx games but this is well over the top from anything I was imagining.

Hi guy YES we are real and YES we do what we say we can do if have any questions about our mods please feel free to contact me.

[email protected]

Mike

Roar to answer your question on theJUMBOTRON yes it comes with all you need to hook up to your old chexx. It includes the arm hat will bolt onto your old game holds theJUMBOTRON and also theHEART unit witch is the computer that just connects to your old molex wires behind your coin door and gives you complete customization. You can make your own heckles/chants up load any goal horn or goal song!! Make your own Team logos or use anything you find on the web and it keeps stats of your teams records and head to head records of who you played.

soon we will be lunching custom Skins. You can down load your favorite nhl team's area jumbotron, like MSG or Boston Garden, Air Canada center and your screen (scoreboard) will look like the jumbotron from that arena. You can also work with one of our designer to make your own skin to match your teams color scheme and add your logos.

we have uploaded some "how to videos" on the site, so you can see more of the game and how it connects i have put a link here to the " Start Up" video so you can see actual game screes ect.

"Start Up Video"

Let me know if you have any other questions

#1442 5 years ago

TOFHGYN - Nice job, those mods look great and that jumbotron must have taken a long time to develop.

#1443 5 years ago
    Quoted from TOFHGYN:

Hi guy YES we are real and YES we do what we say we can do if have any questions about our mods please feel free to contact me.
    [email protected]
    Mike
    Roar to answer your question on theJUMBOTRON yes it comes with all you need to hook up to your old chexx. It includes the arm hat will bolt onto your old game holds theJUMBOTRON and also theHEART unit witch is the computer that just connects to your old molex wires behind your coin door and gives you complete customization. You can make your own heckles/chants up load any goal horn or goal song!! Make your own Team logos or use anything you find on the web and it keeps stats of your teams records and head to head records of who you played.
    soon we will be lunching custom Skins. You can down load your favorite nhl team's area jumbotron, like MSG or Boston Garden, Air Canada center and your screen (scoreboard) will look like the jumbotron from that arena.
    we have uploaded some "how to videos" on the site, so you can see more of the game and how it connects i have put a link here to the " Start Up" video so you can see actual game screes ect.
    "Start Up Video"
    Let me know if you have any other questions

That $795 price makes a lot more sense when you consider it comes with "theHeart"... so this is a 100% replacement from the Chexx board set, very, very cool! Boards cost would be the only other addition you'd need to make then I'm guessing? The Air Canada Centre is no more, it is now Scotiabank Arena . I watched your full video on how to hook everything up, it is quite the piece of kit you've designed. Do you have an iphone app or how do you enter names into the scoreboard?

#1444 5 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

That $795 price makes a lot more sense when you consider it comes with "theHeart"... so this is a 100% replacement from the Chexx board set, very, very cool! Boards cost would be the only other addition you'd need to make then I'm guessing? The Air Canada Centre is no more, it is now Scotiabank Arena . I watched your full video on how to hook everything up, it is quite the piece of kit you've designed. Do you have an iphone app or how do you enter names into the scoreboard?

Yep theBOARDS would be the only other thing (for now!!!) and you would have a complete real life hockey Game/Arena!

theHART is its own computer that has the Scoreboard Program on it. Basically like taking a EAsports game and connecting it to your table. We made it so you can upload any thing on it for a team you create. Like EA sports game we even have a tournament mode where it actuality can rank your teams by there record. It creates a bracket and you play best of 3,5,7 series for the cup! The game unit comes with a remote with a keypad on the back side. So you navigate through the program like a nintendo/PS3/XBOX game. The game will never get old because of program updates and all mods or addition we release will always be able to be upload into your game, always! new skins, new commentators voices ect...... We will never pull the "you need to buy a whole new system to have the new shiny updates" thing not how we work.

We have lots planed and we are building our own tables too this was just the start

we have made a couple high end ones for some NHL guys that pictures will be released next year (exact replicas of there final games down to the anthem singers voices)

Like our motto says were taking it to theNEXT LEVEL

It is a investment but when you see what it is and the detail and customization. For instants, your team logo on the under side of theJUMBOTRON light shining down on to the ice. Your arena name around the rim of the light ..........Its like your own mini ARENA.

Mike

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 9.16.08 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-06-27 at 9.16.08 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-06-27 at 9.25.43 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-06-27 at 9.25.43 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-07-11 at 1.08.58 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-07-11 at 1.08.58 PM (resized).png
    #1445 5 years ago
    A77E54DE-443F-4A69-89DF-50ACD305A9B9 (resized).jpegA77E54DE-443F-4A69-89DF-50ACD305A9B9 (resized).jpeg
    #1446 5 years ago

What exactly is “theHeart” referenced above? Does the $795 replace, not only the scoreboard, but the main board mounted underneath the playfield in the base?

Does it come with a keyboard to enter information?

How does this work with the dome installed? Can if fit inside the bubble or does it sit on top? How does that affect playfield lighting?

Lots of questions on this “mod”....

#1447 5 years ago

Custom coin box

644C4930-79A0-4025-B27A-7FF9AF2BDF5B (resized).jpeg644C4930-79A0-4025-B27A-7FF9AF2BDF5B (resized).jpeg
    #1448 5 years ago

Restore update:

Ribbon cable swap didn’t get the scoreboard working. Looks like I’m gonna send it all to ICE and let them service it. They can fix it quickest with a little warranty.

Going to go with USA vs. Canada. Restored back to original glory days. Test fitting placement for the cabinet bottom logos.

3DA43F6A-ED62-42EB-9A3A-3BA6B1757EC1 (resized).jpeg3DA43F6A-ED62-42EB-9A3A-3BA6B1757EC1 (resized).jpeg
    #1449 5 years ago

Since i was making a big order.....I added this for a future project before they became unavailable. Complete Penguins vs. Sharks 2016 Stanley Cup Champion Edition.

547B76AE-99CD-4271-8BFB-6F5F4661E268 (resized).jpeg547B76AE-99CD-4271-8BFB-6F5F4661E268 (resized).jpeg8F08806D-6C19-4843-958F-9E2DDF987C5E (resized).jpeg8F08806D-6C19-4843-958F-9E2DDF987C5E (resized).jpegE0837580-22DD-485A-BD2F-05F41BCE205D (resized).jpegE0837580-22DD-485A-BD2F-05F41BCE205D (resized).jpegE4CCCC82-E028-4F3B-9262-83B3905E28BE (resized).jpegE4CCCC82-E028-4F3B-9262-83B3905E28BE (resized).jpeg
    #1450 5 years ago

Bud Light Bubble Boys memorabilia:

My playing partner and I had lots of success in the old Bubble Boys tournaments. Here is some of my Bud Light collection items from that time period. Plan is to convert the Stars neon into a Penguins neon. If anyone has graphic art/decal making talents and is willing to help, shoot me a PM.

0DE43133-DA00-4A4F-86FC-BE2BE7A76A51 (resized).jpeg0DE43133-DA00-4A4F-86FC-BE2BE7A76A51 (resized).jpeg14B98DE6-111B-4E70-83DE-B86FCDDFD9DE (resized).jpeg14B98DE6-111B-4E70-83DE-B86FCDDFD9DE (resized).jpegA7A25FED-A43B-4CA0-BDD2-1182C85A66E6 (resized).jpegA7A25FED-A43B-4CA0-BDD2-1182C85A66E6 (resized).jpeg9A5F3C96-F9C9-4F88-91BE-88380DE9BBF1 (resized).jpeg9A5F3C96-F9C9-4F88-91BE-88380DE9BBF1 (resized).jpeg9735AB8F-660C-43DD-8627-86957C57BE3B (resized).jpeg9735AB8F-660C-43DD-8627-86957C57BE3B (resized).jpegC973EDF3-BE1D-4103-A74C-4F89FC3AC1C3 (resized).jpegC973EDF3-BE1D-4103-A74C-4F89FC3AC1C3 (resized).jpeg
    There are 3,108 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.