4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,426 posts
  • 232 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by jasonp
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 358 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_2018-10-14-08-29-02 (resized).png
    F73540CD-E24A-43E2-84D2-CCFCAC2B78C4 (resized).jpeg
    77C2D4C3-63DF-40A0-AD43-157B55C5D477 (resized).jpeg
    1533349579698-1228511127 (resized).jpg
    20180726_202245 (resized).jpg
    20180726_200542 (resized).jpg
    20180726_195746 (resized).jpg
    20180726_195443 (resized).jpg
    20180726_195425 (resized).jpg
    20180726_194856 (resized).jpg
    20180726_194626 (resized).jpg
    20180726_194127 (resized).jpg
    PuckCollection (resized).jpg
    20180724_081215 (resized).jpg
    20180724_081228 (resized).jpg
    image1 (resized).JPG

There are 1428 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 29.
    #1401 75 days ago

For Sale

Archived after 42 days
    Sold elsewhere
    Other - For Sale
    “HUO Super Chexx Bubble Hockey. Excellent condition. Solid base. Has coin Mechs,”
    2018-07-26
    Livonia, MI

#1402 73 days ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Post #1350. The logo for Wisconsin is simply the text in white. At that scale each letter is 1-2mm. That's far to detailed to cut out or color without some pretty specific tools.

I used the window decal from Vista print and Krazy glue. I think it worked well. Slight whitening from the Krazy glue.

1533349579698-1228511127 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #1403 40 days ago
    Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

Anybody have a problem with the puck not rolling down to the middle after a goal is scored. My route one works perfect except puck getting stuck. Have tore it apart and cleaned the troughs good but still gets stuck. Maybe I need a new puck? Todd

Quoted from northvibe:

Had league tonight. Man felt good to play Chexx again!!!! Only issue I had was (not sure if it was because of uneven floor) when a goal would happen, the puck eject may take 2-3 times to fire on try 2 it would award a goal to USA. Always USA. If I shook the game it would wiggle he puck and eject fine at each goal. So I think my floor isn’t level but that is an odd issue.

So a friend of mine has the SEGA knockoff, has had it for years. He never bolts his bubble down because the puck is always getting stuck (he yanks it out with a screwdriver). Finally while i was over there fixing a pinball issue, I went "This is ridiculous he has to do this all the time". So I watched the puck roll down with the ice off, and noticed sometimes the puck would roll right past the solenoid, and it wouldn't have momentum to roll back in position. So I pulled off each chute, cut a piece of green scotchguard to lift it up at the end a little (it's all I had with me), bolted it back down, and now there's a small drop on each side where the puck lands right in the center everytime. If anyone else has this issue, I suggest trying it.

#1404 40 days ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

So a friend of mine has the SEGA knockoff, has had it for years. He never bolts his bubble down because the puck is always getting stuck (he yanks it out with a screwdriver). Finally while i was over there fixing a pinball issue, I went "This is ridiculous he has to do this all the time". So I watched the puck roll down with the ice off, and noticed sometimes the puck would roll right past the solenoid, and it wouldn't have momentum to roll back in position. So I pulled off each chute, cut a piece of green scotchguard to lift it up at the end a little (it's all I had with me), bolted it back down, and now there's a small drop on each side where the puck lands right in the center everytime. If anyone else has this issue, I suggest trying it.

Yup, that is my issue. Puck rolls past the chute most scores. Mmm so just raise the end of the ramp at the chute?

#1405 40 days ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Mmm so just raise the end of the ramp at the chute?

Yes, the puck will clunk into the pocket between chutes right in the middle of the solenoid arm loop. You don't need to raise it a lot, just enough for the puck to stop and not continue rolling. Stick whatever you have underneath (paper, wood, foam), anything about an 1/8" thick and the width of the chute.

I remember as a kid playing these new having this same issue, and I'm amazed nobody play tested them to figure out what's going on down there.

3 weeks later
    #1406 13 days ago

Can someone share the SD card dump from the Pro with me? Also... has anyone looked over the SD card that's in the scoreboard?

#1407 13 days ago
    Quoted from zimmer62:

Can someone share the SD card dump from the Pro with me? Also... has anyone looked over the SD card that's in the scoreboard?

Might be better in the pro chexx thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/superchexx-pro-owners-club

#1408 7 days ago

greensboro.craigslist.org link

Not mine ... But could be yours

#1409 7 days ago

Im back in the club!!! Got a super deal on a project game. Will post pics with progress as it develops...

77C2D4C3-63DF-40A0-AD43-157B55C5D477 (resized).jpeg
    #1410 6 days ago

After knocking all the dirt off of it, this one has potential to end up really really nice. So stoked! Red base/red top is best generation of Chexx/Super Chexx for me!

F73540CD-E24A-43E2-84D2-CCFCAC2B78C4 (resized).jpeg
    #1411 6 days ago

hi folks i have a question.
    i may have a super chexx but in spanish version.
    it was games imported from the US but it does not encounter success in europe.
    the game is spain against united state.
    do you think it s possible to change the board or the sound chip to make him speak like the traditionnal super chexx?

#1412 6 days ago
    Quoted from stef34:

hi folks i have a question.
    i may have a super chexx but in spanish version.
    it was games imported from the US but it does not encounter success in europe.
    the game is spain against united state.
    do you think it s possible to change the board or the sound chip to make him speak like the traditionnal super chexx?

Call ICE and ask them for the US Rom chip. Should easily swap out. Any pics?

#1413 5 days ago

Holy cow! Shopping for parts on ICE website...$82 on a ball eject solenoid for chexx/old super chexx??? Can someone look and confirm that I’m seeing that correctly? New super chexx $52???

#1414 5 days ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Holy cow! Shopping for parts on ICE website...$82 on a ball eject solenoid for chexx/old super chexx??? Can someone look and confirm that I’m seeing that correctly? New super chexx $52???

I just checked and confirmed for the solenoid assembly and you are seeing correctly (Old Super Chexx/Chexx is $81.80 and Super Chexx New Version is $52.80).

https://www.icegame.com/category/22/super-chexx#parts

Gord

#1415 5 days ago

That’s kind of crazy. Guess I’ll just have to factor that into pricing when I’m a buyer moving forward.

#1416 5 days ago

Call ICE and ask them for the US Rom chip. Should easily swap out. Any pics?

thank u blitzburgh99 if i get it i will.

#1417 5 days ago

Is anyone willing to sell me and old set of players after they swapped out for new players?

Knowing that painting them will take me quite a bit of time I don't want my Super Chexx out of commission while I'm doing that.

#1418 5 days ago

I have another question about painting the ice surface.

Has anyone attempted to customize the ice surface?

I was thinking of flipping it over and painting it using vinyl stencils and an air brush, then removing the vinyl stencils.

I want to make sure it'll hold up and I want to make sure it'll have the same play texture so it doesn't affect the game.

If I could add a logo to the top without flipping and painting that would be ideal, but I feel like a logo sticker might catch the puck when sliding over the edges.

#1419 4 days ago

Ok....needs some troubleshooting help...I haven’t had this issue before.

Scoreboard displays not working. One has some garbbled lights sometimes. Pretty sure it’s the last one in the daisy chain. I disconnected connectors and reseated. Disconnected and cleaned pins with scotchbrite pad. Still nothing. I haven’t got under the hood yet to look at the board. The light bulb works.

Anyone else have trouble shooting ideas from similar issues on your game?

Everything else works fine. Powers up. Plays attract mode. Coins up and goes into play mode. Puck activates all sensors under the playfield. It’s just the scoreboards not working. Game has been sitting in warehouse for about 6 years.

#1420 4 days ago

It’s just the scoreboards not working

I just bought one of the kits from Boston Pinball .... Worth every penny

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1115-boston-pinball-company/01419-replacement-score-board-for-chexx-bubble-hockey

#1421 4 days ago
    Quoted from zimmer62:

If I could add a logo to the top without flipping and painting that would be ideal, but I feel like a logo sticker might catch the puck when sliding over the edges.

You could have whatever you wanted digitally printed on vinyl by most any sign shop ... I guess you could have it laminated while your at it as well.

#1422 4 days ago

Scoreboard displays not working. One has some garbbled lights sometimes.

I would start with swapping the board positions and see if the issue follows the board, maybe you have a bad wire in your daisy chain. If it follows the board I'd probably try re-flowing the solder on the MAX7219 chip which controls the segment displays. If that doesn't work I'd change out the ic. There are only two ic's on those boards, 74HC14 and MAX7219CNG, and both are cheap to replace.

#1423 4 days ago

Thank you for sharing. I’ve got a Super Chexx. These are for the Chexx, and yes. Worth every penny.

#1424 4 days ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

I would start with swapping the board positions and see if the issue follows the board, maybe you have a bad wire in your daisy chain. If it follows the board I'd probably try re-flowing the solder on the MAX7219 chip which controls the segment displays. If that doesn't work I'd change out the ic. There are only two ic's on those boards, 74HC14 and MAX7219CNG, and both are cheap to replace.

This is the kind of meaty stuff I need! My weekend “to-do” list

#1425 4 days ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

None of the boards are working. One shows garbbled stuff and is affected on and off when wiggled the connector wires. I switched that board with the one across from it, and still have none of the 4 boards working. Light bulb is working, so there is power getting to the scoreboard

#1426 4 days ago

Sounds like the data signal isn't getting to the scoreboard. I would check the ribbon cable for breaks, usually where it passes by the aluminum frame entering the base and next to the ice surface. If it changes when you wiggle it I would check the solder joints on the header. Do you have the parts around to make a short test ribbon cable?

#1427 3 days ago
    Quoted from zimmer62:

I have another question about painting the ice surface.
    Has anyone attempted to customize the ice surface?
    I was thinking of flipping it over and painting it using vinyl stencils and an air brush, then removing the vinyl stencils.
    I want to make sure it'll hold up and I want to make sure it'll have the same play texture so it doesn't affect the game.

I have a center ice logo on the way to me now. I had the same concerns about it altering the game play but folks that have done it tell me it they have not had any issues. I'll be able to tell you my experience first hand soon.

#1428 2 days ago

Saw this post this morning from players arcade in NJ 1000.00 obo looks pretty clean.

Screenshot_2018-10-14-08-29-02 (resized).png
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 107.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 26.95
    $ 43.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 59.99
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 109.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    £ 20.00
    $ 229.99
    $ 26.95
    There are 1428 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 29.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside