Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 3,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 63.
    #1351 5 years ago

Alright, final coat of clear is dry and custom scoreboard names have been applied. It's game time.

20180702_173100 (resized).jpg20180702_173100 (resized).jpg
    20180702_173119 (resized).jpg20180702_173119 (resized).jpg

#1352 5 years ago

I just bought a HUO Super Chexx and the OCD in me wants to replace the bubble. The bubble is still very nice but it has some scratches that i buffed out with Novus 3/2/1 using an auto buffer. There was one large scratch from movers as they went through a doorway and I spent about 4 hours working on it... I could not get them completely out, but I did not want to wet sand and buff for another 4 hours.... You can still see they scratches if you look, but the bubble is still bright and I do not not notice them when I play... I am also buying a NHL play field and will replace the generic field that looks and plays new. Anyway - if there is anyone who would like to buy a B/B+ condition bubble and an A condition play field let me know... My thinking is to buy the new stuff and use the ICE boxes to ship the old... The bubble is too nice to justify buying a new one, but if someone is willing to buy the old stuff it might...

image1 (resized).JPGimage1 (resized).JPGimage2 (resized).JPGimage2 (resized).JPGimage3 (resized).JPGimage3 (resized).JPGimage4 (resized).JPGimage4 (resized).JPGimage5 (resized).JPGimage5 (resized).JPGimage6 (resized).JPGimage6 (resized).JPG
    #1353 5 years ago
    Quoted from Vegas12:

I just bought a HUO Super Chexx and the OCD in me wants to replace the bubble. The bubble is still very nice but it has some scratches that i buffed out with Novus 3/2/1 using an auto buffer. There was one large scratch from movers as they went through a doorway and I spent about 4 hours working on it... I could not get them completely out, but I did not want to wet sand and buff for another 4 hours.... You can still see they scratches if you look, but the bubble is still bright and I do not not notice them when I play... I am also buying a NHL play field and will replace the generic field that looks and plays new. Anyway - if there is anyone who would like to buy a B/B+ condition bubble and an A condition play field let me know... My thinking is to buy the new stuff and use the ICE boxes to ship the old... The bubble is too nice to justify buying a new one, but if someone is willing to buy the old stuff it might...

i'm very interested in both, but shipping to Canada would surely kill the deal. Good luck with the sale, both look great from the pics.

#1354 5 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

i'm very interested in both, but shipping to Canada would surely kill the deal. Good luck with the sale, both look great from the pics.

Funny that you should be from Hamilton - i just shipped something there and customs mixed up the paperwork with another shipment. My $100 item was swapped with a $700 item. So rather than send it back to customs - Canada Post sends it back to me??? So yep... not a fan of shipping to O'Canada

#1355 5 years ago

What would be the total cost of the bubble shipped to 53818? Mine is pretty bad.

#1356 5 years ago

The only thing I know is that shipping a new one from ICE (NY) to me in Vegas is about $200... I'm looking to get $150 for my used bubble and $75 for the play field plus what ever the actual shipping costs are to send it...

1 week later
    #1357 5 years ago

I have a very nice HUO Super Chexx for sale in Michigan

#1358 5 years ago

I'm finally getting a super chexx!! I'm picking it up this weekend and my plan was to move it with the top on the base heavily strapped in the bed of a pickup. My other option would be to remove the top and split the base and use a friend's Suburban. Does the pickup idea sound like a good idea? Last thing I want to do is damage it moving it.

#1359 5 years ago

Pickup should be fine

#1360 5 years ago

These things are pretty tough. You could wrap the dome in a moving blanket to keep the dome from getting scratched and the handles coming oit. Then strap the base to anchors and be off

#1361 5 years ago

Newbie here that could use a bit of help, I picked up a older superchexx that needed a bit of a refurb. After some research I have a Japanese model.
    I’m not much of an electronics repair guy and this game needs some repair in that area (sound chip is loose in the circuit board, scoreboard doesn’t register shots or goals, and it has a few wires broke off the pin connectors). I contacted ICE about getting it checked over and they were super helpful, I got a “we don’t do that anymore” response. So I asked can a different board be retrofitted? What parts would I need? or can you forward me to someone who does do repairs?
    I got “it can be done but it’s a lot of work good luck”.
    Anybody here ever switch mainboards out or know of anyone who can repair the Japanese models?
    Thanks.

#1362 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rhauf0:I'm finally getting a super chexx!! I'm picking it up this weekend and my plan was to move it with the top on the base heavily strapped in the bed of a pickup. My other option would be to remove the top and split the base and use a friend's Suburban. Does the pickup idea sound like a good idea? Last thing I want to do is damage it moving it.

I detached the the top (unhooked the wiring for the scoreboard), and fit it in an Expedition - I had a 3 hour drive, so it was peace of mind for me that way. I didn’t have a split base, and it all fit fine in there with the seats down

#1364 5 years ago

Anybody have an extra key for their game they wouldn't mind sending me? The short version of the story is my daughter had a party one night and my game keys went missing . I had copies for all my pins but for some reason no copy for Super Chexx.

I'm looking for the A17 key and the A11 key that unlocks the cash box door.

Will grovel for keys

QSS

20180724_081215 (resized).jpg20180724_081215 (resized).jpg20180724_081228 (resized).jpg20180724_081228 (resized).jpg

#1365 5 years ago

Drill drill drill drill!

#1366 5 years ago

You can take the game apart and access the door from behind......beats drilling in my opinion

#1367 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Drill drill drill drill!

Although that sounds like an awesome project that's exactly what I didn't want to do. Maybe I should get her to drill them out

QSS

#1368 5 years ago
    Quoted from thall17:

You can take the game apart and access the door from behind......beats drilling in my opinion

I'm not sure you can do that? Even if I pull the playfield/dome off, the door to the cash box is still locked and I don't think you can access it from inside. I may be wrong.

QSS

#1369 5 years ago

Just got off the Chexx site and it says all games are keyed differently and that you can't buy replacement keys. Shit!

I'll pull the dome/playfield off this weekend and see if I can get both box's opened this weekend.

QSS

#1370 5 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Just got off the Chexx site and it says all games are keyed differently and that you can't buy replacement keys. Shit!
    I'll pull the dome/playfield off this weekend and see if I can get both box's opened this weekend.
    QSS

Would this work?

https://www.easykeys.com/Yale-Lock_A01-A1100_A17_Key_Lock.aspx

#1371 5 years ago

Thanks for the link. Very interesting. If I can't access the locks from under the playfield I'll order these and see if they work.

Amazing, the shit you can find on line. Thanks for the link Chitownpinball.

QSS

#1372 5 years ago

Looking for one of these in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Any for sale?

#1373 5 years ago

Just pick the locks to open it and replace the camlock assembly . Any hardware store will carry replacements.

#1374 5 years ago

I have one in Michigan

#1375 5 years ago
    Quoted from thall17:

I have one in Michigan

Hey, now! I called dibs....just waiting on word from labnip if he can fit it in his truck. Haha!

#1376 5 years ago

I finally figured out how to put logos on original chexx pucks.

Here are directions if anyone wants to try it.
    http://chexxfan.proboards.com/thread/1505/adding-custom-logos-chexx-pucks

PuckCollection (resized).jpgPuckCollection (resized).jpg

#1377 5 years ago

Got going on getting my coin doors open due to lost keys.

Playfield bolts off and playfield ready to remove.

20180726_194127 (resized).jpg20180726_194127 (resized).jpg20180726_194626 (resized).jpg20180726_194626 (resized).jpg
    #1378 5 years ago

Playfield off. I should really have my daughter helping me with this.

20180726_194856 (resized).jpg20180726_194856 (resized).jpg20180726_195425 (resized).jpg20180726_195425 (resized).jpg
    #1379 5 years ago

There's the cash box keys so that box can be easily opened.

20180726_195443 (resized).jpg20180726_195443 (resized).jpg
    #1380 5 years ago

While I'm doing this I'm thinking to myself:

"Damn teenage kids and their parties. Damn kids stealing my keys and I can't open my Super Chexx"

Then I think:

"What did you do with your second set of spare keys?"............"Oh yeah,that's right, I had a second set of spare keys"......"Maybe you should have gone and looked for those before you pulled the playfield off......dumbass"

#1381 5 years ago

Then I remember where I hid the second set of spare keys. DUH!

Hey the coin door box is now open with that second set of spare keys that I remember 2 minutes ago (getting old can be a troubling thing )

20180726_195746 (resized).jpg20180726_195746 (resized).jpg
    #1382 5 years ago

Just to be safe and counter the obvious "memory train wreck" as I roll into my senior years I'm gonna change the lock to the same lock that is on my pinball machines. I've got 20 of those keys laying around so there should always be a key somewhere.

20180726_200542 (resized).jpg20180726_200542 (resized).jpg
    #1383 5 years ago

All is good in the world and Super Chexx is fully accessible and my stress level is now reduced but just to be sure, I'm gonna take my medicine.

Damn kids!

20180726_202245 (resized).jpg20180726_202245 (resized).jpg

#1384 5 years ago

Now I'm thinking:

"Maybe I just misplaced my original keys and the kids may not have stolen my keys"

"Nawww.........gotta be the damn kids fault that the keys when missing. Gotta be"

QSS

#1385 5 years ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

I finally figured out how to put logos on original chexx pucks.
    Here are directions if anyone wants to try it.
    http://chexxfan.proboards.com/thread/1505/adding-custom-logos-chexx-pucks
    [quoted image]

Nice work!!

#1386 5 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Now I'm thinking:
    "Maybe I just misplaced my original keys and the kids may not have stolen my keys"
    "Nawww.........gotta be the damn kids fault that the keys when missing. Gotta be"
    QSS

Just noticed your location, it's not the kids, it's all that mountain air you live in, it has to be intoxicating. Canmore is one of the nicest places on earth I've ever been to.

#1387 5 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

Just noticed your location, it's not the kids, it's all that mountain air you live in, it has to be intoxicating. Canmore is one of the nicest places on earth I've ever been to.

You are correct my friend. It is really very sweet to live in Canmore. I'm always telling my wife and kids how lucky we are to live here and how fortunate we are.

That is when the kids friends aren't stealing my Super Chexx keys during a party

QSS

#1388 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Finally ordered my decals for my Wisconsin Badgers vs Minnesota Gophers. I needed to print white on clear, so I went with a 5" x 5" custom window decal from Vistaprint. Even with shipping it was under $10. The size was actually more then enough to get the logos and numbers. I was filling the extra space with some other random stuff, including some decals for the goalie masks. I'll post pictures when they arrive. I'm probably still the most nervous about the Wisconsin logo. It's just not super clear when I convert them to .png format. If the "WISCONSIN" logo doesn't look good, I may end up using just the "W" logo.
    [quoted image]

I've got my order into Vista print. Any additional learning to share? Seemed like glueing them on was the challenge.

#1389 5 years ago

Hmm...I'd try some different adhesives the next time I did it. The 3M spray wasn't doing the trick. I used a tweezers to hold it down while drying it out with a blow dryer. Ultimately, I think it's the multiple coats of clear that are actually holding mine together.

#1390 5 years ago

you can try some 3m super 77, if the decal is not clear, not sure if this dries cloudy or not. But I used it to keep stickers on ramps etc

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-Super-77-Multipurpose-Spray-Adhesive/?N=5002385+3293242460&rt=rud

#1391 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Hmm...I'd try some different adhesives the next time I did it. The 3M spray wasn't doing the trick. I used a tweezers to hold it down while drying it out with a blow dryer. Ultimately, I think it's the multiple coats of clear that are actually holding mine together.

I wonder if I could have them printed on decal paper through a Staples or someone like that versus the window cling by Vista print. If it weren't for needing white, I'd print it myself.

#1392 5 years ago

Ohhh it was a window decal? Ya that wont cling to much but glass. I think water slide decals are what you are going to need, correct me if I am wrong, I have not done any but know people that have.

#1393 5 years ago

Water slide decals would be the best option for anything except for very small white details. I'm sure there is a better option then window clings, but it does work. It's just very hard to get them to adhere to the figure. I was lazy and only tried one adhesive though, so perhaps there is an option out there that would make the job much easier. Perhaps even a super glue, since it's essentially plastic to plastic.

#1394 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Water slide decals would be the best option for anything except for very small white details. I'm sure there is a better option then window clings, but it does work. It's just very hard to get them to adhere to the figure. I was lazy and only tried one adhesive though, so perhaps there is an option out there that would make the job much easier. Perhaps even a super glue, since it's essentially plastic to plastic.

Mmmmm I’ll have to ask a friend that did it what he used

#1395 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Just curious, why doesn't white work well on slide decals? I don't have white ink, so I would need to go to a printer but other than that I would think it would be just the same.

#1396 5 years ago

I was under the impression that most inks were somewhat transparent, but if you had a good white ink printer it would probably be ideal.

#1397 5 years ago

Have you read over this?

http://gameroominfo.com/2017/10/17/putting-numbers-names-chexx-bubble-hockey-players/

I know it isn't solid white, but the outline of a white would be a good compromise.

#1398 5 years ago

I did. I wouldn't have worked for my case, but would work for many.

#1399 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I did. I wouldn't have worked for my case, but would work for many.

What is different about yours? I have zero idea about painting and decals so just asking to know

#1400 5 years ago

Post #1350. The logo for Wisconsin is simply the text in white. At that scale each letter is 1-2mm. That's far to detailed to cut out or color without some pretty specific tools.

There are 3,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.