4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,403 posts
  • 231 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 355 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1533349579698-1228511127 (resized).jpg
    20180726_202245 (resized).jpg
    20180726_200542 (resized).jpg
    20180726_195746 (resized).jpg
    20180726_195443 (resized).jpg
    20180726_195425 (resized).jpg
    20180726_194856 (resized).jpg
    20180726_194626 (resized).jpg
    20180726_194127 (resized).jpg
    PuckCollection (resized).jpg
    20180724_081215 (resized).jpg
    20180724_081228 (resized).jpg
    image1 (resized).JPG
    image2 (resized).JPG
    image3 (resized).JPG
    image4 (resized).JPG

There are 1405 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 29.
    #1251 5 months ago
    Quoted from WannabeWizard:

Wanted to buy a Super Chexx Pro $1700 for nice used or $2700 for new Pro, or $3300 for new Pro with custom players.

Where do they have used pro’s fs? That’s $1k off new and the game just released this past Christmas. If that is the case, that’s a great deal on a pro used and new players are only ~$99 a team.

#1252 5 months ago

Yeah, but they don’t have numbers. I actually bought the USA/USSR version from them, but I’ve got to think there’s better options out there.

#1253 5 months ago
    Quoted from bowz:

Yeah, but they don’t have numbers. I actually bought the USA/USSR version from them, but I’ve got to think there’s better options out there.

well ICE's painted guys are the best usually for the price/time. You can pay someone or do it yourself, but you'll want to CC them a few layers. ALso the numbers are just slide decals so not too hard, but if you've never done it, it can be time consuming. There were a few people who were doing player mods etc, but I don't know if anyone has a list or remembers off the top of their head? If you could find a local warhammer painter, or shop that knows them, they would be a good local starting point.

#1254 5 months ago
    Quoted from bowz:

I made instructions on how to do the decal stuff here a while back:

http://gameroominfo.com/2017/10/17/putting-numbers-names-chexx-bubble-hockey-players/

Hopefully that helps a little.

#1255 5 months ago
    Quoted from bowz:

If you need to do white numbers there's the option of having them printed on clear sticker vinyl.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/25#post-4296870

lpeters82 - Did you ever try this? How did it come out?

#1256 5 months ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone want some used ice cheap?
    Otherwise I am not sure why I’d keep it out of the garbage :/

Thank you. Huge difference on my Chexx.20180415_213604 (resized).jpg20180415_213625 (resized).jpg

#1257 5 months ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Thank you. Huge difference on my Chexx.

Glad it worked!

#1258 5 months ago

Selling my original 1983 Chexx, Scoreboard is acting up and the game doesn't always start. All the players work and the ice is in good shape. The dome has some scratches but is not too bad.

$1,000 takes it.

#1259 5 months ago

If anyone wants that yellow ice that I removed, please let me know. If not I'll likely just toss it into my back room as a backup.

#1260 5 months ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

If anyone wants that yellow ice that I removed, please let me know. If not I'll likely just toss it into my back room as a backup.

I wonder if doing that whitening like an snes would work?

#1261 5 months ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I wonder if doing that whitening like an snes would work?

It does not. I've tried three attempts with Salon Care. Once with a UV light and twice with sunlight.

#1262 5 months ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

It does not. I've tried three attempts with Salon Care. Once with a UV light and twice with sunlight.

Oh dang :/

#1263 5 months ago

Anyone know where I can buy a new dome glass for my bubble hockey at? I have an older 1990’s USA vs Canada bubble hockey

#1264 5 months ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Anyone know where I can buy a new dome glass for my bubble hockey at? I have an older 1990’s USA vs Canada bubble hockey

ICE direct.

#1265 5 months ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

I bought one from ICE. $300.

#1266 5 months ago
    Quoted from bowz:

I bought one from ICE. $300.

Okay thanks, I’ll email them tomorrow.

#1267 5 months ago

Here is the direct link to parts...

https://www.icegame.com/category/22/super-chexx

#1268 5 months ago

Alright need a few parts, anyone have an extra USA dude they want to sell me and a Russian goalie?

DE83AE79-10CD-4A25-9D05-BAD059FEF47A (resized).jpeg

#1269 5 months ago

I may have them.

#1270 5 months ago

I think this goalie is broken too. His post looks short

FD66109C-C0FC-4EF9-98CF-94E4A7B6BCBB (resized).jpeg

#1271 5 months ago

Anyone have an older dome that is crack free they want to send my way, don't really mind scratches? I picked up a project game that I am trying to fix up. PM me for details.. Thanks

#1272 5 months ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Anyone have an older dome that is crack free they want to send my way, don't really mind scratches? I picked up a project game that I am trying to fix up. PM me for details.. Thanks

I totally would, but a new dome is like $400 shipped :s So I've been holding off on a new dome.

#1273 5 months ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I totally would, but a new dome is like $400 shipped :s So I've been holding off on a new dome.

Yeah, if it was for me I’d probably buy a new dome for it but I am not keeping it I am fixing it up and giving to my uncle who is a huge Hockey fan as a gift for helping me out..

#1274 5 months ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Yeah, if it was for me I’d probably buy a new dome for it but I am not keeping it I am fixing it up and giving to my uncle who is a huge Hockey fan as a gift for helping me out..

Well, I found someone to take my old ice, so there should be people with old parts! Maybe post a location and see if anyone has one used or on klov as well.

#1275 5 months ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

I do not think you are gonna find a used dome that’s any good-very quick. And if you do, shipping gonna be hefty price tag. Just do right by your uncle and the game...get the new dome and don’t look back. You’ll be glad you did in the long run.

#1276 5 months ago

Man am I pissed off at the Chexx company. Placed an order for the basic model Super Chexx Pro 5 weeks ago and it's still sitting in the warehouse waiting to be shipped as of yesterday. Odd because the website says 2 to 3 weeks is a typical ship time. Asked why it was taking so long and the sales rep had no idea why. I would understand the delay if I ordered some special custom model but I ordered the basic model. Wtf!!!! Was hoping to have it for during the NHL playoffs for when I had friends over to watch the games but now the Flyers are about to get knocked out. Damn!!!

#1277 5 months ago
    Quoted from Heisenberg:

Man am I pissed off at the Chexx company. Placed an order for the basic model Super Chexx Pro 5 weeks ago and it's still sitting in the warehouse waiting to be shipped as of yesterday. Odd because the website says 2 to 3 weeks is a typical ship time. Asked why it was taking so long and the sales rep had no idea why. I would understand the delay if I ordered some special custom model but I ordered the basic model. Wtf!!!! Was hoping to have it for during the NHL playoffs for when I had friends over to watch the games but now the Flyers are about to get knocked out. Damn!!!

The Devils and Flyers will win their next game!!!

#1278 5 months ago

on a serious note, i am looking to sell my chexx and upgrade to the new model. looking for $1,500. I am in Northern NJ. Randolph near Morristown. PM me your number and I can send you some pics if interested. I am around hour fifteen from allentown.

#1279 5 months ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

So how bad is the dome, or is it missing? If you are good or know someone good at buffing, you can wet sand until it is decent. I had my car detailer spiff mine up.

#1280 5 months ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

So how bad is the dome, or is it missing? If you are good or know someone good at buffing, you can wet sand until it is decent. I had my car detailer spiff mine up.

Mine has a big crack at the top, so if I could find one that just has a bunch of scratches I would be happy with that..

#1281 5 months ago

Yeah, I think with these bigger items shipping is going to be the largest hurdle.

#1282 5 months ago

I have a Super Chexx purchased last year that has begun to occasionally start a new game without having pressed the BOO button. It is set up on free play, as it was shipped. Any tips on where I should start looking? I've already asked ICE, but no response yet.

#1283 5 months ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Yeah, I think with these bigger items shipping is going to be the largest hurdle.

Yeah home depot has several size boxes and with some bubble wrap should be good to go.. lol

#1284 5 months ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Yeah home depot has several size boxes and with some bubble wrap should be good to go.. lol

Until you take it to UPS or FedEx and they say “that’s oversized box. Gonna cost you $200 to ship”. Lol

#1285 5 months ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Until you take it to UPS or FedEx and they say “that’s oversized box. Gonna cost you $200 to ship”. Lol

Lol, no way!

#1286 5 months ago

I think the dome is $150-200 to ship from ice, the ice itself was easily $50 to ship. Idk if the dome is on a pallet or just over padded cardboard box

1 week later
    #1287 4 months ago

If anyone is interested I have 10 figures and a few washers. $105 for everything shipped can provide pictures.

4 USA long stick

2 USA short stick

3 Russian long stick

1 Russian short stick

#1288 4 months ago

Can anyone give me a good image of the Canada and/or USA decals that go on the original Super Chexx base? I can't find a good photo to make a decal from - ICE also doesn't have these.

I am frustrated because I waited for 75 days for an arcade decal place to send me these , and they gave me the runaround until I finally cancelled the sale today

IMG_7020 (resized).JPG

IMG_7022 (resized).JPG

#1289 4 months ago
    Quoted from chefbenito:

Can anyone give me a good image of the Canada and/or USA decals that go on the original Super Chexx base? I can't find a good photo to make a decal from - ICE also doesn't have these.

I've been looking for the Canada one for a while. If you get a good image please let me know. My US decal has some scuffs but I can try to get you a picture.

#1290 4 months ago
    Quoted from chefbenito:

I am frustrated because I waited for 75 days for an arcade decal place to send me these , and they gave me the runaround until I finally cancelled the sale today

Quoted from latenite04:

I've been looking for the Canada one for a while. If you get a good image please let me know. My US decal has some scuffs but I can try to get you a picture.

Try this?

https://www.thisoldgame.com/misc-parts/chexx-hockey-art-restoration-decal-kit-

#1291 4 months ago

Thanks, I've looked at that page many times but I guess I never read the details to see that they had the Canada logos.

#1292 4 months ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

Thanks, I've looked at that page many times but I guess I never read the details to see that they had the Canada logos.

If you have to buy the full decal kit I’d be interested in the Chexx decals if you aren’t.

#1293 4 months ago
    Quoted from roar:

If you have to buy the full decal kit I’d be interested in the Chexx decals if you aren’t.

That's the site that never shipped the order - I would advise against buying from them - 75 days (no joke), 4 separate phone calls promising me they would send the decals the next week, then the next day, and claiming that they shipped my order to the wrong customer, etc.

I had both USA and Canada ordered from them ..... and all I got was excuses. Buyer beware!

If anyone has either of those base images I would really appreciate it (even a photo of their base)

#1294 4 months ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

You'll be in it $500 for a game that will essentially be unsellable. Vs. Spending the $1000/$1500ish and getting something that is superior playwise and when you're done with it, will be worth that same amount or more (they've been climbing in value). It's just a matter of whether you want $1000/$1500 sitting in an asset.
    I know it seems like you're saving money but it would only be in the short team, long term you'd actually be losing money (plus doing a lot of extra work).
    Doing it for a fun project = cool. Doing it to save money = probably not a great idea.
    Sorry, don't want to be the negative Nancy, but just want to make sure you think this through. I used to do the same thing, buying the cheapest option or hacking something together to get by, I was dumb, lol. In retrospect I would been better off in almost every case to have spent the extra money up front as the maintenance and time I spent on my own creation just never worked out as good as something quality.

Well after planning it out, opted for a used table. Picked a "competition ice hockey" table up for 50.00. Total in it to date is 200.00. Its no Superchexx but it works well.

#1295 4 months ago
    Quoted from Evil-Dingo:

Well after planning it out, opted for a used table. Picked a "competition ice hockey" table up for 50.00. Total in it to date is 200.00. Its no Superchexx but it works well. » YouTube video

DC548564-7170-4B0A-BD2B-F7A60104EBE7.gif

#1296 4 months ago
    Quoted from Evil-Dingo:

Well after planning it out, opted for a used table. Picked a "competition ice hockey" table up for 50.00. Total in it to date is 200.00. Its no Superchexx but it works well. » YouTube video

Typically when I see a statement like this the first thing that comes to mind is ...... the guy asked his wife!

Not sure where you're from but if Canada I would stop posting as the RMPs will be knocking! It's my understanding that it's illegal for any Canadian to own anything but a CHEXX game!

#1297 4 months ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Typically when I see a statement like this the first thing that comes to mind is ...... the guy asked his wife!
    Not sure where you're from but if Canada I would stop posting as the RMPs will be knocking! It's my understanding that it's illegal for any Canadian to own anything but a CHEXX game!

ROFL!! I cannot confirm nor deny that my wifes opinion had anything to do with the cheap version or amount of time I wanted to invest into building or rehabing an affordable Chexx. lol

#1298 4 months ago
    Quoted from Evil-Dingo:

ROFL!! I cannot confirm nor deny that my wifes opinion had anything to do with the cheap version or amount of time I wanted to invest into building or rehabing an affordable Chexx. lol

I watched your clip and I have to admit you did a nice job with it.

#1299 4 months ago
    Quoted from chefbenito:

That's the site that never shipped the order - I would advise against buying from them - 75 days (no joke), 4 separate phone calls promising me they would send the decals the next week, then the next day, and claiming that they shipped my order to the wrong customer, etc.
    I had both USA and Canada ordered from them ..... and all I got was excuses. Buyer beware!
    If anyone has either of those base images I would really appreciate it (even a photo of their base)

These?
    FWIW your order was 52 business days (no joke) and you wanted something we didnt have readily available on the shelf ready to ship which were told that was the case at the time of order. you also requested a special set to be half of the USA and half of the Canada. something we also just dont offer or have ready to go your order was refunded and we told you as soon as we had more printed we'd be more then happy to let you know when they were in stock.
    Sorry it took a little longer then expected, but I do have sets that are now ready.

IMG_1585 (resized).JPG

IMG_1586 (resized).JPG

#1300 4 months ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I watched your clip and I have to admit you did a nice job with it.

Thanks Blitzburgh! It plays real nice, feels more solid that a stock carom. I cant speak for Shelti, never played on one. However it is no Superchexx!!... It is enough to have fun with though, me and my 6 y.o. are having a blast with it! I would like to put lighting under the scoreboard to reduce glare from room lighting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Led
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 60.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    € 89.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Professor Pinball
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 1405 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 29.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside