By taylor34

4 years ago

Stats

• 1,284 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 73 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 308 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FD66109C-C0FC-4EF9-98CF-94E4A7B6BCBB (resized).jpeg
    DE83AE79-10CD-4A25-9D05-BAD059FEF47A (resized).jpeg
    20180415_213625 (resized).jpg
    20180415_213604 (resized).jpg
    20180328_145257 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    Capture2 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    sioux hockey1 (resized).jpg
    20180322_083621 (resized).jpg
    20180321_211218 (resized).jpg
    20180321_211251 (resized).jpg
    Gopher Logo (resized).png
    20180320_151756 (resized).jpg
    D371DDB4-4656-4FD7-9C44-667AC3FDF7D6 (resized).jpeg
    B848FD16-7168-493D-AB03-DB53BDFF1DBD (resized).jpeg

There are 1284 posts in topic. You are on page 26 of 26.
    #1251 14 days ago
    Quoted from WannabeWizard:

Wanted to buy a Super Chexx Pro $1700 for nice used or $2700 for new Pro, or $3300 for new Pro with custom players.

Where do they have used pro’s fs? That’s $1k off new and the game just released this past Christmas. If that is the case, that’s a great deal on a pro used and new players are only ~$99 a team.

#1252 13 days ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

ICE direct

Yeah, but they don’t have numbers. I actually bought the USA/USSR version from them, but I’ve got to think there’s better options out there.

#1253 13 days ago
    Quoted from bowz:

Yeah, but they don’t have numbers. I actually bought the USA/USSR version from them, but I’ve got to think there’s better options out there.

well ICE's painted guys are the best usually for the price/time. You can pay someone or do it yourself, but you'll want to CC them a few layers. ALso the numbers are just slide decals so not too hard, but if you've never done it, it can be time consuming. There were a few people who were doing player mods etc, but I don't know if anyone has a list or remembers off the top of their head? If you could find a local warhammer painter, or shop that knows them, they would be a good local starting point.

#1254 13 days ago
    Quoted from bowz:

I made instructions on how to do the decal stuff here a while back:

http://gameroominfo.com/2017/10/17/putting-numbers-names-chexx-bubble-hockey-players/

Hopefully that helps a little.

#1255 13 days ago
    Quoted from bowz:

If you need to do white numbers there's the option of having them printed on clear sticker vinyl.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/25#post-4296870

@lpeters82 - Did you ever try this? How did it come out?

#1256 7 days ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone want some used ice cheap?
    Otherwise I am not sure why I’d keep it out of the garbage :/

Thank you. Huge difference on my Chexx.20180415_213604 (resized).jpg20180415_213625 (resized).jpg

#1257 7 days ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Thank you. Huge difference on my Chexx.

Glad it worked!

#1258 6 days ago

Selling my original 1983 Chexx, Scoreboard is acting up and the game doesn't always start. All the players work and the ice is in good shape. The dome has some scratches but is not too bad.

$1,000 takes it.

#1259 6 days ago

If anyone wants that yellow ice that I removed, please let me know. If not I'll likely just toss it into my back room as a backup.

#1260 6 days ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

If anyone wants that yellow ice that I removed, please let me know. If not I'll likely just toss it into my back room as a backup.

I wonder if doing that whitening like an snes would work?

#1261 6 days ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I wonder if doing that whitening like an snes would work?

It does not. I've tried three attempts with Salon Care. Once with a UV light and twice with sunlight.

#1262 6 days ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

It does not. I've tried three attempts with Salon Care. Once with a UV light and twice with sunlight.

Oh dang :/

#1263 6 days ago

Anyone know where I can buy a new dome glass for my bubble hockey at? I have an older 1990’s USA vs Canada bubble hockey

#1264 6 days ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Anyone know where I can buy a new dome glass for my bubble hockey at? I have an older 1990’s USA vs Canada bubble hockey

ICE direct.

#1265 6 days ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

I bought one from ICE. $300.

#1266 6 days ago
    Quoted from bowz:

I bought one from ICE. $300.

Okay thanks, I’ll email them tomorrow.

#1267 5 days ago

Here is the direct link to parts...

https://www.icegame.com/category/22/super-chexx

#1268 5 days ago

Alright need a few parts, anyone have an extra USA dude they want to sell me and a Russian goalie?

DE83AE79-10CD-4A25-9D05-BAD059FEF47A (resized).jpeg

#1269 5 days ago

I may have them.

#1270 5 days ago

I think this goalie is broken too. His post looks short

FD66109C-C0FC-4EF9-98CF-94E4A7B6BCBB (resized).jpeg

#1271 3 days ago

Anyone have an older dome that is crack free they want to send my way, don't really mind scratches? I picked up a project game that I am trying to fix up. PM me for details.. Thanks

#1272 3 days ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Anyone have an older dome that is crack free they want to send my way, don't really mind scratches? I picked up a project game that I am trying to fix up. PM me for details.. Thanks

I totally would, but a new dome is like $400 shipped :s So I've been holding off on a new dome.

#1273 3 days ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I totally would, but a new dome is like $400 shipped :s So I've been holding off on a new dome.

Yeah, if it was for me I’d probably buy a new dome for it but I am not keeping it I am fixing it up and giving to my uncle who is a huge Hockey fan as a gift for helping me out..

#1274 3 days ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Yeah, if it was for me I’d probably buy a new dome for it but I am not keeping it I am fixing it up and giving to my uncle who is a huge Hockey fan as a gift for helping me out..

Well, I found someone to take my old ice, so there should be people with old parts! Maybe post a location and see if anyone has one used or on klov as well.

#1275 3 days ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

I do not think you are gonna find a used dome that’s any good-very quick. And if you do, shipping gonna be hefty price tag. Just do right by your uncle and the game...get the new dome and don’t look back. You’ll be glad you did in the long run.

#1276 3 days ago

Man am I pissed off at the Chexx company. Placed an order for the basic model Super Chexx Pro 5 weeks ago and it's still sitting in the warehouse waiting to be shipped as of yesterday. Odd because the website says 2 to 3 weeks is a typical ship time. Asked why it was taking so long and the sales rep had no idea why. I would understand the delay if I ordered some special custom model but I ordered the basic model. Wtf!!!! Was hoping to have it for during the NHL playoffs for when I had friends over to watch the games but now the Flyers are about to get knocked out. Damn!!!

#1277 2 days ago
    Quoted from Heisenberg:

Man am I pissed off at the Chexx company. Placed an order for the basic model Super Chexx Pro 5 weeks ago and it's still sitting in the warehouse waiting to be shipped as of yesterday. Odd because the website says 2 to 3 weeks is a typical ship time. Asked why it was taking so long and the sales rep had no idea why. I would understand the delay if I ordered some special custom model but I ordered the basic model. Wtf!!!! Was hoping to have it for during the NHL playoffs for when I had friends over to watch the games but now the Flyers are about to get knocked out. Damn!!!

The Devils and Flyers will win their next game!!!

#1278 2 days ago

on a serious note, i am looking to sell my chexx and upgrade to the new model. looking for $1,500. I am in Northern NJ. Randolph near Morristown. PM me your number and I can send you some pics if interested. I am around hour fifteen from allentown.

#1279 2 days ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

So how bad is the dome, or is it missing? If you are good or know someone good at buffing, you can wet sand until it is decent. I had my car detailer spiff mine up.

#1280 2 days ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

So how bad is the dome, or is it missing? If you are good or know someone good at buffing, you can wet sand until it is decent. I had my car detailer spiff mine up.

Mine has a big crack at the top, so if I could find one that just has a bunch of scratches I would be happy with that..

#1281 2 days ago

Yeah, I think with these bigger items shipping is going to be the largest hurdle.

#1282 2 days ago

I have a Super Chexx purchased last year that has begun to occasionally start a new game without having pressed the BOO button. It is set up on free play, as it was shipped. Any tips on where I should start looking? I've already asked ICE, but no response yet.

#1283 2 days ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Yeah, I think with these bigger items shipping is going to be the largest hurdle.

Yeah home depot has several size boxes and with some bubble wrap should be good to go.. lol

#1284 2 days ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Yeah home depot has several size boxes and with some bubble wrap should be good to go.. lol

Until you take it to UPS or FedEx and they say “that’s oversized box. Gonna cost you $200 to ship”. Lol

#1285 2 days ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Until you take it to UPS or FedEx and they say “that’s oversized box. Gonna cost you $200 to ship”. Lol

Lol, no way!

#1286 2 days ago

I think the dome is $150-200 to ship from ice, the ice itself was easily $50 to ship. Idk if the dome is on a pallet or just over padded cardboard box

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    € 3.95
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Led
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Led
    Geeteoh Electronics
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 1284 posts in topic. You are on page 26 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside