Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,779 posts
  • 386 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Sirgubster9
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20211105_175636_152~2 (resized).jpg
    16387641760811336682111019776995 (resized).jpg
    66E5ECB0-DDFB-481A-8798-E11A08F321F4 (resized).jpeg
    C17FCDAE-7AD4-4889-99E9-0A2E0AE5BB6C (resized).jpeg
    78843695-1C76-44E4-BEEC-44881E218FF6 (resized).jpeg
    394D2F60-CF84-497C-A8B7-587079268883 (resized).jpeg
    ECD86595-2B95-4F4E-98A9-489786F03B16 (resized).jpeg
    1034E777-4E2F-4CB1-83D9-8D8F3048D86B (resized).jpeg
    20211119_203956 (resized).jpg
    20211118_120515 (resized).jpg
    20211116_204855 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 5.31.13 PM (resized).png
    20211116_204902 (resized).jpg
    20211116_204924 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211113_182053835 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211113_182022581 (resized).jpg

There are 2,779 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 56.
    #951 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chris1199s:

Here are two more videos I posted on YouTube:
    » YouTube video
    » YouTube video
    Answers to some Q's posted above:
    Q: Curious what model number they start at? You don’t have to give yours but do they start at 0?
    A: I'll look tonight. ICE told me it was the 1st one to ship.
    Q: And did it come with manual ?
    A: Yes, a color multi-page manual, and extra puck, some tools and extra screws.

Ice told me mine was the first to be ordered lol. SCAM!!! I dont care just glad I got the led. I saw your vids I got a miracle on ice and can’t believe it can do the Russian anthem. Now my son will really peg me as the villain when I make him listen to it. Fun fun fun

#952 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chris1199s:

Q: Curious what model number they start at? You don’t have to give yours but do they start at 0?
    A: They did not start at 0... See photo attached.

My serial number looks just like yours. SC**7#1 and my last digit is a 5 not a 7 as on your unit. I bet our units were like 2 serial #s apart

#953 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chris1199s:

Here are the additional national anthems, Canadian anthem in English and in French and the Russian anthem
    Canadian anthem in French
    » YouTube video
    Russian anthem
    » YouTube video
    Canadian anthem in English
    » YouTube video

Awesome, thanks!

#954 4 years ago

They should have upgraded the goals to metal with nets. I like that mine has them on Halex version.

#955 4 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time with the anthems! Love they offered French sung version!

#956 4 years ago
    Quoted from cherryandblue:

Thanks so much for taking the time with the anthems! Love they offered French sung version!

Sure happy too! On a side note it take about 10 seconds to change the anthems via the buttons on the side of the base.

#957 4 years ago

have you noticed any kinks on playing surface or rods needing to be broken in?

#958 4 years ago

How much could I list a super Chexxs. Working 100%. New dome. Has Blackhawks/ Bruns . Custom powder coated Red/black/gold. It is the 1983 blue base that was painted. I am only selling because I bought the new pro. Was thinking $1500

7B60D89C-19A6-481F-B1C3-217861F8C012 (resized).jpeg
    31962FF2-85CB-4D59-83C0-5A2BB3190BFF (resized).jpeg
    C831BF58-8909-42B2-9322-AF532FD2D219 (resized).jpeg
    F379E45A-B4D1-4231-A2A7-5B4314663619 (resized).jpeg

#959 4 years ago

Gorgeous machine. I'd have a hard time parting with that one.

#960 4 years ago

Love the bruins and black hawks logos in the front side boards. I would price it at $1700 and sell it for $1400-1500. Should sell quick.... nice job!

#961 4 years ago

It would be nice if one of the newcmodel owners could post a full game video to see how the game plays in its entirety. Would love to hear the call outs and soundtrack. I’m torn on selling and getting new as opposed to just ordering the Penguins Stanley Cup Champion upgrade package to my existing game.

#962 4 years ago

Gorgeous machine. I'd have a hard time parting with that one.

Hard to part but I bought the new super Chexx Pro Blackhawks/ blues.

#963 4 years ago

Great idea with the players names. I like how on the Blackhawks side each shaft is represented by a name/number. Why the extra names on the Bruin's side? I like the idea of having customized players without repainting or redecaling the figures themselves. I might even create little pockets, so it's truly just a matter of printing off a new player card. That would help keep the machine from becoming dated.

#964 4 years ago
    Quoted from tatman9999:

How much could I list a super Chexxs. Working 100%. New dome. Has Blackhawks/ Bruns . Custom powder coated Red/black/gold. It is the 1983 blue base that was painted. I am only selling because I bought the new pro. Was thinking $1500

back 1 page (19) user blkhwks19 was looking for one!

#965 4 years ago

have you noticed any kinks on playing surface or rods needing to be broken in?

It took 7-9 games and it feels smooth now.. The first few games were a little "tight"

#966 4 years ago

What I am not liking is the cccp and USA on the players, they are stickers. When did they start using stickers on the players???
    Otherwise this thing is awesome!!! Those stickers better not peel off

#967 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bing_Party:

What I am not liking is the cccp and USA on the players, they are stickers. When did they start using stickers on the players???
    Otherwise this thing is awesome!!! Those stickers better not peel off

They have always been stickers. They will stay on. Any pics or videos of gameplay?

#968 4 years ago

I didn’t realize that. At the arcade I didn’t care To look closely. Now I own one u notice more. I set the clock to 2 min periods and when powered back up it went to default of 30 seconds. I did unplug it so maybe it needs to stay plugged in to keep the settings

#969 4 years ago

Anybody in the Bay Area want to buy my early 2000's Super chexx so I can buy a new Pro?

Players painted as Sharks vs Red Wings. Nice shape. Plays great. $1600.

#970 4 years ago

I played the new Ice Chexx Pro at IAPPA and we couldn't get the game to "BOOOO"! Has the booing been removed or was it disabled on that game? Just curious. The button was good for starting the game and bypassing the video when you wanted it as expected.

#971 4 years ago
    Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Anybody in the Bay Area want to buy my early 2000's Super chexx so I can buy a new Pro?
    Players painted as Sharks vs Red Wings. Nice shape. Plays great. $1600.

That is a great deal for a local pickup.

#972 4 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

I played the new Ice Chexx Pro at IAPPA and we couldn't get the game to "BOOOO"! Has the booing been removed or was it disabled on that game? Just curious. The button was good for starting the game and bypassing the video when you wanted it as expected.

I hope the Boo and other calls are not removed, in fact I wish they added more sound bites to the game

#973 4 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

Ah we thought that last night. But we turned up the volume and it boos but not the same. Sounds more realistic and faint. If you turn it up a little bit more than the default you can here the jeering but it’s not the same as the prominent booing as older model, it sounds more realistic

#974 4 years ago

Ugh, finally started working on mine again. Mine has super kixx boards including the displays. Last time everything was working, but the displays would show random numbers. Now, I fire it up the displays are locked on and there is static before you even start a game.

Pulled the power supply board. Was missing screws, few risky wires, bad power cord. Fixed all that. Same deal as before.

Next up is to pull the cpu and display board. Reseat chips, reflow solder points?

#975 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bing_Party:

Ah we thought that last night. But we turned up the volume and it boos but not the same. Sounds more realistic and faint. If you turn it up a little bit more than the default you can here the jeering but it’s not the same as the prominent booing as older model, it sounds more realistic

Bummer someone needs to add them with a chip update or whatever can be done please

#976 4 years ago

Here are the photos of the board

B307DA63-1D37-47A3-81C0-E8ADE5AE7C8C (resized).jpeg

5B4211E4-86B5-4E0D-8738-F04BA2119321 (resized).jpeg

63228CEA-F6EA-4606-B2A7-C2007CCB187A (resized).jpeg

#977 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chris1199s:

Here are the photos of the board

Thanks again Chris! That's a big change in boards!

#978 4 years ago

Thank you for posting those pics of the new boards. Is the same ribbon cable uses for the scoreboard? I’m with Mesz thinking a spare parts purchase of the scoreboard, the cable for it, the boards posted, and the goals with lights might be able to convert old games to new features. Thoughts?

#979 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Thanks again Chris! That's a big change in boards!

I'm not 100% sure and I did not notice it until I looked at the photos later but I believe there may be an SD card on the actual board which might allow future upgrades for things like sounds and anthems?

#980 4 years ago

Still looking for used one in good condition. Live near central Pennsylvania. Travel to Pittsburgh, DC, NJ, Philly and Connecticut often and can pick up. Let me know if any of you upgrade to Pro version and want to sell old model.

#981 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chris1199s:

I'm not 100% sure and I did not notice it until I looked at the photos later but I believe there may be an SD card on the actual board which might allow future upgrades for things like sounds and anthems?

That is an sd card....someone should dump it

That board looks GREAT! Very nicely updated, simple and the psu looks nice too! I kind of want to upgrade my PSU to the new style for size/weight.

#982 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jay7:

Still looking for used one in good condition. Live near central Pennsylvania. Travel to Pittsburgh, DC, NJ, Philly and Connecticut often and can pick up. Let me know if any of you upgrade to Pro version and want to sell old model.

Found this on ebay, located in central PA.
    ebay.com link: chexx hockey

Was interested myself but no way for me to inspect before I buy.

#983 4 years ago

Thanks blkhwks19.

Saw that also. A bit beat up. Dome is a mess.

Hoping someone who has one here will post near me. The last few that posted had some nice looking ones.

#984 4 years ago

Same here. Seems like everything on CL in my area are all older Chexx. Hoping to find a good Super Chexx...

#985 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jay7:

Thanks blkhwks19.
    Saw that also. A bit beat up. Dome is a mess.
    Hoping someone who has one here will post near me. The last few that posted had some nice looking ones.

Quoted from blkhwks19:

Same here. Seems like everything on CL in my area are all older Chexx. Hoping to find a good Super Chexx...

Add your location to your profile. Someone might drop you a line.

#986 4 years ago

Done. Thanks for the heads up!

#987 4 years ago

So for those of you who upgraded to the Super Chexx Pro, was it worth it?

#988 4 years ago

Man I wish you guys lived in my area

6E3B8714-8316-42D1-87FD-8065BDA323ED (resized).jpeg

#989 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wildbill327:

I think your top needs turned around...the ribbon cable to the scoreboard should be on the other side. ???

#990 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I think your top needs turned around...the ribbon cable to the scoreboard should be on the other side. ???

I agree with you. Below is a photo of my Super Chexx.

Gord

DSCN0162 (resized).JPG

#991 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wildbill327:

Have fun playing the game! Hope your reflection doesn't beat you!

#992 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Yup that definitely needs to be turned thanks for the heads up

#993 4 years ago

Would be easier to flip up the glass with it that way though, since it's not against the wall.

#994 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Would be easier to flip up the glass with it that way though, since it's not against the wall.

Hopefully, the owner still has the cable that came with it to prop the dome open. Otherwise, the dome will flip all the way back and will get damaged. Or the metal hinge will get bent. Having it up against the wall, without the cable, a guy could prop the dome against the wall if need be. Not recommended but an option.

#995 4 years ago

Any advice on latest best LED’s to use to upgrade lighting?

#996 4 years ago

Just ordered one today. Should be here by Christmas. I’ve wanted this since I was a kid playing in the arcade.

#997 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinhacker71:

Just ordered one today. Should be here by Christmas. I’ve wanted this since I was a kid playing in the arcade.

Congrats!! Which model did you end up with? So many great options. Seems like a no brainer to buy now if you've been on the fence, it will be another 30 years before they need to upgrade again.

#998 4 years ago

Just the standard home version. Red base. No coin mechs.

#999 4 years ago

I ordered my home pro with Black Base Blackhawks / St Louis . With Blackhawks center ice. they told me it is being built Dec 5 th and shipping out Dec 7th.

#1000 4 years ago

just got the call. Machine coming tomorrow.

There are 2,779 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 56.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside