Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,766 posts
  • 384 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by mIkea
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

66E5ECB0-DDFB-481A-8798-E11A08F321F4 (resized).jpeg
    C17FCDAE-7AD4-4889-99E9-0A2E0AE5BB6C (resized).jpeg
    78843695-1C76-44E4-BEEC-44881E218FF6 (resized).jpeg
    394D2F60-CF84-497C-A8B7-587079268883 (resized).jpeg
    ECD86595-2B95-4F4E-98A9-489786F03B16 (resized).jpeg
    1034E777-4E2F-4CB1-83D9-8D8F3048D86B (resized).jpeg
    20211119_203956 (resized).jpg
    20211118_120515 (resized).jpg
    20211116_204855 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 5.31.13 PM (resized).png
    20211116_204902 (resized).jpg
    20211116_204924 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211113_182053835 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211113_182022581 (resized).jpg
    6ED519E5-A615-4AFD-8D64-9C416F19F958 (resized).jpeg
    06E0E692-C5C3-4EA5-850E-B28E0BBC5B9E (resized).jpeg

There are 2,766 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 56.
    #901 4 years ago

Interested in used super chexx. I saw Blitzburgh99 might be selling one. I am in central pa, travel a bit to Western pa, NJ, DC, central Connecticut so would be willing to pick up.

#902 4 years ago
    Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Yeh, even if it was just the "Heeeee shoots, he scores" line and a few other randomized goal clips that activate with the goal buzzer, that'd be awesome. What you're describing might require some kind of metal or sensor in the puck, don't you think? Unless I re-did the playfield with a one-way mirror that sensors could see through... Hmmm... I'd LOVE to do even more (like some sort of on-the-fly, spliced-clip play calling, similar to what the AI does in EA sports NHL games). SO MANY possibilities.

The reed switches worked great for the goal light. I don't see why they wouldn't work if you choose to mount them around the playfield. Either way you'd need them for the goal sensor for you're "heeee shoots, he scores". I thought about just created a longer clip with silent sections to just play, but it would always play in the same order and that could get pretty old. Thus my idea for some strategically placed sensors under the play field. Just make sure they are not somewhere where your likely to go back and fourth over it. I might try attaching one to each goalie. That way there could be save callouts, in addition to the "ohhh, ahhh". It will just be fun to test out some different stuff and see what works.

ebay.com link: 10PCS GPS 14A Reed Switches Resistant Anti vibration Normal Open PlasticType New

PS: latenite04 is the one that helped me out with this.

#903 4 years ago
    Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I can’t believe they’d post videos without audio. Honestly, the videos turned me completely off of upgrading. I’m quite certain if you order an NHL team-specific game, the animations are still the generic players. I thought the animations were cheesy. Even if the sound were AMAZING, it’s not worth it. I could add my own sound clips if I REALLY wanted to, for not that much money. I also saw where someone added their own JUMBOTRON. I’ll just continue modding mine, rather than sink a bunch of money into a new one with cheesy features. JMHO.

Yeah I wouldn’t buy a new one just to get that upgrade but it beats the pants off the older score board. It’s worth 200 but not worth a trade in. Cheesy is a bit overkill. It’s much improved looking

#904 4 years ago

Still waiting on a few parts, but I'm starting to create some goal horns. The first is just the 3.5 second horn. The others are the horn plus a bit of music. I figured the music would work both as a celebration song and face off song. After about 20 seconds it fades out. Let me know if you have some suggestions for other songs. They are pretty easy to do.

Goal Horn (Horn Only):

Goal Horn (Joker and the Theif):

Goal Horn (Kernkraft 400):

Goal Horn (Chelsea Dagger):

Goal Horn (Thunderstruck:

Goal Horn (Oiler's Song):

Goal Horn (Our House):

PS: Anyone know the title of that "Oiler's Song"?

#905 4 years ago

I have a HUO Super Chexx for sale in Tampa, red base, coin door, beautiful shape, for $1800, if anyone is interested.

72847540fda64e16c2879833639cb8a792b6b346 (resized).jpg

Added over 4 years ago: SOLD

#906 4 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

I have a HUO Super Chexx for sale in Tampa, red base, coin door, beautiful shape, for $1800, if anyone is interested.

That is a very nice example of a Super Chexx and it should sell at the price that you listed. GLWTS.

Gord

#907 4 years ago

I ordered our Super Chexx pro two weeks ago and was told three weeks, as they were already way behind....I'm not sure when I will be able to post pics or videos, on boxing etc. As like the previous poster it's a Christmas gift for the family...

Should be here next week will try and get some unboxing ones and then lock it up till Christmas. I got the leafs versus Canadians.

For those buying interested in what folks are getting.

#908 4 years ago

Good to hear Requis!

I ordered mine last week. Was told birthdate was on 11/27 and they should ship on 12/1. Same thing, x-mas present for the boys (and me of course). I did leafs vs north stars. Grew up on a cx-83...one of the first couple hundred models. Still in service at my folks place in Lake George. I was supposed to inherit it and bring it to my new house...but it won't fit into basement. So...after some contract disputes with wife...my staff got the go ahead to order new Pro model. Waiting for it like a four year old with Santa Claus. Once it arrives...gonna figure out what to customize...looks like two sizes of scoreboards are prime logo opps and of course finding jersey numbers. I'm in Westchester County, NY...so hopefully I can find another bubble savant to play with while I groom the wee ones.

Keep me posted on delivery and set up!

#909 4 years ago

Very curious to get some feedback from true Super Chexx aficianados on the new design....eagerly waiting everyone to get their new games too!

#910 4 years ago

Ordered mine 10/30/17 and they sent an invoice saying it will ship 11/16/17!! Trying to get it by thanksgiving!! Have 60 people coming for thanksgiving. Sure hope there are know hiccups!?!?

#911 4 years ago

That's awesome! Not sure I have the will power to tuck it away till Christmas...lol...when I say family I really mean me... but sure you guys already saw through that. I suspect my wife did to, as she specifically stated it doesn't come out of the box until Christmas Eve and then only for me to put a bow on it for when the boys wake up.... I maybe able to comment on how well packaged it is lol...I bought extra basic player sets and will have them painted team USA and Team Canada as well...at least then when my American friends and family show up we can put down a real challenge.

Just curious did you pay for the centre ice logo of your home team...I had to just because, and was wondering who wouldn't when your in for that kind of money isn't that like leaving icing on the cake? Seemed like a silly option but then again maybe the logo doesn't matter...

#912 4 years ago

Good Luck hope it happens for you...wow 60 people?.. How do you cook for that many, hope your catering..

Most I have ever done was 16 and I was bagged by the end of the night...what a treat for your guests they get to eat and play...do you have room for 5 more, your new Canadian cousins from Toronto are interested in joining you lol...adding my daughter doesn't eat much and washes dishes.

Cheers,

Requis

#913 4 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

Too bad the game is a few thousand miles away. I am looking for one in New England.

#914 4 years ago

I did request maple leaf centre ice logo. What I didn’t do and wish I did was order extra two sets of players to send out for custom. 60 people is nuts. Good luck with that one. My plan is to somehow keep myself from opening boxes until a few days before Xmas. Then put it together in garage and have Neighbor walk it in with me xmas eve to front room. My problem is my basement isn’t ready for the game. So it stays in “foyer” until that happens. Happy boys but wife isn’t too happ with that decoration.

What is best sticker size
    For jersey? Trying to find North Star color mini numbers until I send them out for custom. Need a temp fix.

Anyone who gets pro delivered soon please share Thanks.

#915 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Still waiting on a few parts, but I'm starting to create some goal horns. The first is just the 3.5 second horn. The others are the horn plus a bit of music. I figured the music would work both as a celebration song and face off song. After about 20 seconds it fades out. Let me know if you have some suggestions for other songs. They are pretty easy to do.
    Goal Horn (Horn Only):
    » YouTube video
    Goal Horn (Joker and the Theif):
    » YouTube video
    Goal Horn (Kernkraft 400):
    » YouTube video
    Goal Horn (Chelsea Dagger):
    » YouTube video
    Goal Horn (Thunderstruck:
    » YouTube video
    Goal Horn (Oiler's Song):
    » YouTube video
    Goal Horn (Our House):
    » YouTube video
    PS: Anyone know the title of that "Oiler's Song"?

Well done! Especially like "Joker and the Thief" and "Kernkraft 400". What about "7 Nation Army"? What will actually play the sound? Something wired into the same speakers?

#916 4 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

New to the forum, though interested in picking up a Chexx/Super Chexx. Khabbi, yours still available? Do you have more pics/details? And I'm near Chicago, so would it be possible at all to have it shipped?

#917 4 years ago
    Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Well done! Especially like "Joker and the Thief" and "Kernkraft 400". What about "7 Nation Army"? What will actually play the sound? Something wired into the same speakers?

I haven't quite decided. Probably going to use an external speaker, but I'm seriously considering just redoing all of the game sounds. I just don't really think the crowd noise, ohhs and ahhs, or national anthem is worth keeping. With nine inputs on the board I'd eventually like to try to replace everything. Is there a good version of Seven Nation Army with the chants somewhere?

#918 4 years ago
    Quoted from blkhwks19:

New to the forum, though interested in picking up a Chexx/Super Chexx. Khabbi, yours still available? Do you have more pics/details? And I'm near Chicago, so would it be possible at all to have it shipped?

I swear one was on CL in/near Chicago or Madison recently. Super Chexx about ~$1800

#919 4 years ago

Chexx '83 bases are so darn wide and I couldn't get mine down the stairs of my bro-in-laws. PIA!

... so I cut it in half! Added a 38" folding metal, supported by wood, not unlike the new bases. Only have to unscrew 4 bolts on each side and disconnect the one speaker to split.

20171111_184109 (resized).jpg

20171112_184640 (resized).jpg

20171112_185055 (resized).jpg

#920 4 years ago
    Quoted from OTTOgd:

Chexx '83 bases are so darn wide and I couldn't get mine down the stairs of my bro-in-laws. PIA!
    ... so I cut it in half! Added a 38" folding metal, supported by wood, not unlike the new bases. Only have to unscrew 4 bolts on each side and disconnect the one speaker to split.

That is a very nice DIY mod with the split base. I have a split base which was performed at the ICE factory on a Super Chexx game that I purchased in September of 2014.

Your split base mod is basically identical to my split base which was done at the factory by ICE. You really did a good job on this split base mod.

Gord

DSCN0166 (resized).JPG

#921 4 years ago

I requested a pdf of Manual just for
    Reading material while I wait. They are waiting approval. So I imagine those initial machines still haven’t gone out. However ,he indicated my delivery date was moved a week closer. They are ahead of schedule. So...I got that going for me.

#922 4 years ago

Looks like first machine has landed for someone...so they are on the way.

#923 4 years ago

The guy is uploading some vids right now. Just passing them along here

#924 4 years ago

Albeit the scoreboard and LED lighting adds to the game and is neat it's not enough to make me want to sell my existing game and purchase a new one!

Thanks for posting the videos cherryandblue !!

PS - MN vs MN

#925 4 years ago

Mez. You wouldn’t happen to be mez big dylan fan? No problem on vids. I’ve been waiting to see first sound glimpses. I did order the new one. Ironically northstars on the road against leafs.

#926 4 years ago
    Quoted from cherryandblue:

You wouldn’t happen to be mez big dylan fan?

No must be someone else. Plus I have it as mesz not mez!

I’ve been waiting to see first sound glimpses. I did order the new one.

Yeah me too! Great to see ICE put some changes into this game instead of the norm! I don't think it will be long before someone finds a way to add video to the scoreboard and what not!

I did order the new one.

Congrats on the machine and let us know when the reveal party is!!!

Ironically northstars on the road against leafs

Why not the North Stars vs Penguins ....... what too soon????

#927 4 years ago

I actually wanted leafs vs habs or leafs vs nordiques. But color matchups didn’t work. So I went with my favorite US team of 80’s. I may consider buying extra sets of basic Chexx teams and sending them out to someone here for custom and of course , the late 80’s penguins are an option. I’m a total 80’s hockey nut.

#928 4 years ago

Did they give you a ship date? Mine was oringally 12/1. But they moved it to 11/27.

#929 4 years ago

The timer is the most appealing thing to me. I hate that its a guessing game how much time is left in a game.....at least on mine it is. I dont have SOG either....lucky

#930 4 years ago

The guy is uploading some vids right now. Just passing them along here
    » YouTube video

I love this LCD screen, is someone selling this to add to an older super chex bubble hockey because I would so buy it..

#931 4 years ago

It would be great to hear the Canadian national anthem.

I wonder how difficult (or easy) it would be to swap videos? Make some cool custom videos.

#932 4 years ago

It would be cool to develop an LED kit that has spots for custom video and audio files. That way if people wanted to customize things for a specific team they could do that.

#933 4 years ago

Hello All,

My game came in today Here are two links, looks like they have been posted above.

Very happy with the game, the sound is great.. ICE forgot to stick the NHL sticker on the base, but they are sending it via mail in a day or two.

#934 4 years ago

Setup was very easy, and you can change the settings using the four buttons on the side. Sound during the game, sound when not playing, National anthem, period length etc.. etc... My order date was 10/26/2017 Came in today 11/15/2017 2pm CST Will post more videos later via Youtube linked here.

#935 4 years ago

Chris, looks great. And thanks for sharing. Exactly what I’ve been anticipating while I await my bubble. As you can see , hope you don’t mind, I had posted your clips before you posted. Eagerly await more. One things for sure the guys never complain about ice time. Enjoy. Curious what model number they start at? You don’t have to give yours but do they start at 0?

#936 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chris1199s:

Setup was very easy, and you can change the settings using the four buttons on the side. Sound during the game, sound when not playing, National anthem, period length etc.. etc... My order date was 10/26/2017 Came in today 11/15/2017 2pm CST Will post more videos later via Youtube linked here.

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing!

#937 4 years ago

And did it come with manual ? They don’t have an electronic version yet they said they were waiting approval. But they had to send them out with the machines right ?

#938 4 years ago

Here are two more videos I posted on YouTube:

Answers to some Q's posted above:
    Q: Curious what model number they start at? You don’t have to give yours but do they start at 0?
    A: I'll look tonight. ICE told me it was the 1st one to ship.

Q: And did it come with manual ?
    A: Yes, a color multi-page manual, and extra puck, some tools and extra screws.

#939 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chris1199s:

Here are two more videos I posted on YouTube:
    » YouTube video
    » YouTube video
    Answers to some Q's posted above:
    Q: Curious what model number they start at? You don’t have to give yours but do they start at 0?
    A: I'll look tonight. ICE told me it was the 1st one to ship.
    Q: And did it come with manual ?
    A: Yes, a color multi-page manual, and extra puck, some tools and extra screws.

Chris, first of all thanks for posting! If you wouldn't mind, would you post some pictures of the board inside the game? Would be interested to see what it looks like in comparison to the older version! Wondering if it would be possible to get a new board and scoreboard and swap them out in an existing game!

#940 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Chris, first of all thanks for posting! If you wouldn't mind, would you post some pictures of the board inside the game? Would be interested to see what it looks like in comparison to the older version! Wondering if it would be possible to get a new board and scoreboard and swap them out in an existing game!

I second that request. Previous replacement boards complete were $450 if I recall correctly.

#941 4 years ago

I hope the boo button can short circuit the national anthem, or there is a setting to just play a short portion of the beginning. That would get annoying listening to entire anthem every game. Starting to wonder if I should just keep what I’ve got....

#942 4 years ago

Here are couple pictures of the board
    The national anthem can be bypassed by hitting the boo button
    It’s also pretty easy to change from United States national anthem to the Canadian national anthem, this is done using the selection control buttons on the outside of the stand/base

55B6B795-0DB3-4335-8DDE-A76E731FDC33 (resized).jpeg

3FAE27B3-D27B-4834-B6B1-45971F2EDE3D (resized).jpeg

#943 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chris1199s:

Here are couple pictures of the board

Chris, we're speaking of the board inside the game with the electronics (CPU) on it!

#944 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Chris, we're speaking of the board inside the game with the electronics (CPU) on it!

I think we are all hoping that it’s just a different ROM chip and a new scoreboard to modify our older units....

#945 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chris1199s:

It’s also pretty easy to change from United States national anthem to the Canadian national anthem, this is done using the selection control buttons on the outside of the stand/base

Would you post a video of the Canadian national anthem playing, please?

#946 4 years ago

Q: we're speaking of the board inside the game with the electronics (CPU) on it!
    A: I'll take a photo of it this weekend, when we move it down to our basement. Based on photos of the old board it looks like a whole new board.. Not a ROM chip..

Q: Would you post a video of the Canadian national anthem playing, please?
    A: Yes,.. I'll do that in the next few days. It looks like it can play the Canadian national anthem in both English and French and the Russian anthem as well.

#947 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I think we are all hoping that it’s just a different ROM chip and a new scoreboard to modify our older units....

It shouldn't be. The old board would not be able to push the video.

I suppose you could buy the board and new score board and get it working but you'll be at like $1000 bucks.... which...not sure is worth it.

#948 4 years ago

A: They did not start at 0... See photo attached.

ICE (resized).png

#949 4 years ago

Here are the additional national anthems, Canadian anthem in English and in French and the Russian anthem

Canadian anthem in French

Russian anthem

Canadian anthem in English

#950 4 years ago

Just got my pro today. Could of been here a couple days ago but today was the only day I was home all day. Can’t wait to put it together while kids are asleep, play it, then hide the beast in a storage area in my basement lol. I gotta make sure it works for Christmas morning!! Let ya know how it goes.

There are 2,766 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 56.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside