Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,766 posts
  • 384 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by mIkea
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

66E5ECB0-DDFB-481A-8798-E11A08F321F4 (resized).jpeg
    C17FCDAE-7AD4-4889-99E9-0A2E0AE5BB6C (resized).jpeg
    78843695-1C76-44E4-BEEC-44881E218FF6 (resized).jpeg
    394D2F60-CF84-497C-A8B7-587079268883 (resized).jpeg
    ECD86595-2B95-4F4E-98A9-489786F03B16 (resized).jpeg
    1034E777-4E2F-4CB1-83D9-8D8F3048D86B (resized).jpeg
    20211119_203956 (resized).jpg
    20211118_120515 (resized).jpg
    20211116_204855 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 5.31.13 PM (resized).png
    20211116_204902 (resized).jpg
    20211116_204924 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211113_182053835 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211113_182022581 (resized).jpg
    6ED519E5-A615-4AFD-8D64-9C416F19F958 (resized).jpeg
    06E0E692-C5C3-4EA5-850E-B28E0BBC5B9E (resized).jpeg

There are 2,766 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 56.
    #601 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Woah woah woah, why havent you posted pics yet???

I don't have any pictures handy, but I'll try to get some for you. I posted a picture from kind of far away in post #94 of this thread.... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/2#post-1362055

#602 4 years ago

Would love to see some detail pics. LOOKS VERY NICE.

#603 4 years ago

Thanks. Restoring these loses some originality- the black rings around the handles should be red, the new ice surface, updated displays/lighting. Here are some pictures I just took in my basement. Ignore the dust!

chexx1 (resized).jpg

chexx4 (resized).jpg

chexx2 (resized).jpg

chexx3 (resized).jpg

#604 4 years ago

I wish they made and sold the red handles and bumpers. Someone put the black handles on my '83.

#605 4 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

I wish they made and sold the red handles and bumpers. Someone put the black handles on my '83.

Me too! The original grips were made by a BMX company int he 80s called Hunt Wilde. No longer in business, but some other places acquired their products, tooling, design, etc. I inquired about making red grips, since black are obviously still made, and I think my minimum order had to be around 10,000 or so. The red circles are no longer made either. Mine were missing and broken when I got the game, so I just replaced them all with black. I don't love it, but it's better than what I started with.
    If I don't play mine often or clean/wax the red grips, they get sticky. It's weird...like someone just pulled tape off of them.

Not much for the 83 is still available. I had to scan the original artwork and have it remade and it is now for sale at www.thisoldgame.com
    The stickers sold through Chexx/ICE are not as nice.

#606 4 years ago

That stickiness is the plastic decomposing. Certain chemicals can trigger it too. I wonder if Plasti-dipping the black grips red would hold up. Thanks for redrawing that art, I used them on my game too.

1 week later
    #607 4 years ago

I did a small test run using peroxide cream to try and "de-yellow" my ice surface. Amazing how well it worked. I am going to do a couple rounds on the whole ice this weekend.

image1 (resized).JPG

#608 4 years ago

Did you use sunlight or a lamp?

#609 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That looks awesome! If I had the funds I would probably swap my foosball table for one of these. Have fun!

That's exactly what I'd like to do. I have a nice Tornado foosball, but since space is at a premium, it would have to be sacrificed for a Super Chexx. I'm ready to do that, but I don't want to just move the foosball to storage, because I doubt it comes back out until I move houses next.

#610 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Did you use sunlight or a lamp?

sunlight, i had it outside for about five hours.

#611 4 years ago
    Quoted from jaydee49:

sunlight, i had it outside for about five hours.

sun?! what is that?

#612 4 years ago

I used a bulb and had good results, but I'd like to try it again this summer (when we finally have some sun).

#613 4 years ago

Anybody know of a waterproof fitted cover for the Super Chexx?

#614 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Anybody know of a waterproof fitted cover for the Super Chexx?

You're not thinking of keeping one outside, are you? The electronics would definitely not like that.

#615 4 years ago

Anyone have a set of Super Chexx players kicking around they're interested in getting rid of? I just need one team. I'd like to start painting my current players but my boys don't want the game out of commission while I'm doing this. Looking to get a set of six that I can temporarily put in place while painting the others. They don't have to be in great shape. ICE sells a generic set for $49 but that's more than I'm looking to spend just to swap out.

#616 4 years ago

Anyone have an original blue 83 chexx ice surface they would be willing to sell? I need to replace my ice surface and much prefer the original style over the new ones ICE currently sells.

#617 4 years ago

Thinking of trading my 3yr old super chexx for a pin. What would be a fair trade value and does anyone know of someone interested in the southern cali area?

IMG_0669 (resized).JPG

IMG_0670 (resized).JPG

#618 4 years ago

I'm sure lots of people would be interested, post an ad in local CL or here on pinside. These are about 2700 new? I'd say maybe 2200.

#619 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wildbill327:

Thinking of trading my 3yr old super chexx for a pin. What would be a fair trade value and does anyone know of someone interested in the southern cali area?

You'd probably enjoy it more if 2 people could play.

#620 4 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

You'd probably enjoy it more if 2 people could play.

I wish someone close to me would give me a challenge, then it would be a lot more enjoyable and I might want to keep it around a little longer.

#621 4 years ago

I am in a similar boat here in SF Bay Area. Occasionally have friends over to play but that's it. Would love to play more.

#622 4 years ago
    Quoted from jaydee49:

I am in a similar boat here in SF Bay Area. Occasionally have friends over to play but that's it. Would love to play more.

I feel the same way about my Tornado foosball table. I was really good back in the day, but none of my friends now play so it sits. What a shame.

#623 4 years ago

That's the only downside with Chexx. It's only really fun if you play against someone of a similar skill level.

#624 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

That's the only downside with Chexx. It's only really fun if you play against someone of a similar skill level.

True, but when I play against my stepsons who are of a lesser skill level and crush them it is actually quite fun for me.

Gord

#625 4 years ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

True, but when I play against my stepsons who are of a lesser skill level and crush them it is actually quite fun for me.

I agree,but if you crush them too many times they won't come back for more that's the problem I have with my kids.

#626 4 years ago

I assume the procedure is similar between my sega face off and a super chexx, but does any one have any pics or manuals on how to replace the guys? I have one broken off.

#627 4 years ago

I am still looking for a short stick for a painting project (any team).

#628 4 years ago

Archived after 21 days
    Sold off Pinside
    Other - For Sale
    “I have a Chexx Hockey game that is for sale. The Dome, playfield & all the men are all brand new. Game is fully working. $1500”
    2017-03-19
    Appleton, WI
    I have a Chexx for sale in the market if anyone is interested.

#629 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I am still looking for a short stick for a painting project (any team).

http://www.icegame.com/c-22-super-chexx.aspx?pagenum=4

Short stick

As for replacing them...so they just pull straight up huh? Just need to make sure I dont lose the clear washer. So does the clear washer go between the gear box and the ice surface or between the player and the ice surface?

#630 4 years ago

.so they just pull straight up huh?

Just pull straight up but use your other hand to push down on the ice surface at the same time!

the clear washer go between the gear box and the ice surface

Yes

#631 4 years ago

Thank you sir.

This is what the shaft looks like off the broken player. So will the metal post chexx guys direct fit with no mods? Looking at maybe getting two whole sets of pre painted guys, washers, etc.

Here is what I am looking at (un painted version):
    http://www.icegame.com/p-25200-player-long-stick-whitered-with-full-metal-sha.aspx

IMG_3228 (resized).JPG

#632 4 years ago

I pulled the trigger. I have a party coming up so I need to get this done. Hopefully they work. If not, I know a guy who has the Sega players available.

#633 4 years ago

Thank you sir.
    This is what the shaft looks like off the broken player. So will the metal post chexx guys direct fit with no mods? Looking at maybe getting two whole sets of pre painted guys, washers, etc.
    Here is what I am looking at (un painted version):
    http://www.icegame.com/p-25200-player-long-stick-whitered-with-full-metal-sha.aspx

I have some ones from my machine that I replaced if you need a player for a Chexx.

#634 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I have some ones from my machine that I replaced if you need a player for a Chexx.

I appreciate it. If it was my money, I would take the hand out. Its not though, so I spent the money on the 2 sets of new guys (blackhawks vs redwings). Fingers crossed its a direct replacement!

The goalies pull straight up too right? One of the goalies was really tough to pull on so I left it, the other was just a wire when I pulled it up. The wire went into the base and thats how it sat....kinda weird.

#635 4 years ago

I appreciate it. If it was my money, I would take the hand out. Its not though, so I spent the money on the 2 sets of new guys (blackhawks vs redwings). Fingers crossed its a direct replacement!
    The goalies pull straight up too right? One of the goalies was really tough to pull on so I left it, the other was just a wire when I pulled it up. The wire went into the base and thats how it sat....kinda weird.

They pull up, but there is a wire thing...mmm lemme see if I can find a pic

EDIT:
    I know old chexx are differernt then the super. Superchexx has a pin behind you can take out and the goalie comes off. Old chexx I want to say you have to get under the ice to disconnect then it can be removed... If no one posts I'll look at my goalie when I get home, my chexx is at a friends house.....

#636 4 years ago

Thanks man!

#637 4 years ago

The goalie on my original '83 Chexx just uses a (bent) cotter pin to hold it on. I believe all of the mechanics between Chexx and Super Chexx are the same. It's the electronics and switches that changed.
    Look for a small hole between the lower part of the goalie's pads. That's where the pin goes in, through the metal post, out the back side between his legs. The pin then gets bent open to prevent it from coming out.

#638 4 years ago

I just looked at my two spare goalies, they do just pull up. They also have a tiny hole for a "cotter pin" or some pin, but mine did not come with them. So just pull up, if you don't see a pin in them (between the legs)

#639 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I just looked at my two spare goalies, they do just pull up. They also have a tiny hole for a "cotter pin" or some pin, but mine did not come with them. So just pull up, if you don't see a pin in them (between the legs)

You'll want to put in a cotter pin or the goalie will have a tendency to turn during play. The pin keeps them facing forward.

#640 4 years ago
    Quoted from shirkle:

You'll want to put in a cotter pin or the goalie will have a tendency to turn during play. The pin keeps them facing forward.

Ya! Tiny hole though, I'll have to get new mini pins. I never even noticed it before. Now I'm curious if my original goalies have them as I remember they seemed odd to me when I pulled them up....

#641 4 years ago

Thanks guys. Just waiting on the shipping confirmation from ICE....

#642 4 years ago

I am moving to a smaller house and have a super chexx for sale, build date October 2015. Sharks and Blackhawks with extra Sharks players. Located in Springfield, Illinois. $2200 pm me for pictures great condition. Thanks!

#643 4 years ago

Anyone around Ohio looking to get rid of one of these?

#644 4 years ago

Check the one above you. Aren't you guys actually pretty close. Seems like a deal could be reached.

#645 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheRoach123:

I am moving to a smaller house and have a super chexx for sale, build date October 2015. Sharks and Blackhawks with extra Sharks players. Located in Springfield, Illinois. $2200 pm me for pictures great condition. Thanks!

Do you have a full extra Sharks team? If so, I might be willing to buy just the extra players. Sharks season ticket holder here. =)

#646 4 years ago

IMG_1390 (resized).JPG

IMG_1393 (resized).JPG

IMG_1399 (resized).JPG

#647 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Check the one above you. Aren't you guys actually pretty close. Seems like a deal could be reached.

That one doesn't appear to have a coin door on it. Do all super chexx machines accept coins? I need it for a location.

#648 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

It's only really fun if you play against someone of a similar skill level.

Me and my girl went to the bar/arcade Monday night. We tied, zero to zero. Oh well.

#649 4 years ago

Dome had huge,wide scratch marks on it. Know a guy who does headlight restores, gave him a shot. I think it turned out really nice!

As you can see my goalies have seen better days.

Got the inside of the dome, the surface, and the gear boxes cleaned up. What do yall use to clean the poles? Magic eraser? Black gunk on mine.

IMG_3012 (resized).JPG

IMG_3261 (resized).JPG

IMG_3254 (resized).JPG

IMG_3255 (resized).JPG

IMG_3256 (resized).JPG

IMG_3253 (resized).JPG

#650 4 years ago

What do yall use to clean the poles? Magic eraser? Black gunk on mine.

Yes use Magic Erasure but that black will come back from use over time! Before you close the dome all up you may want to look at the housings for the gear boxes as I have seen people put grease in them.....this might be where you're getting "black gunk"!! If there is grease you can clean it out as the only grease needed is in the gears themselves!

Machine is looking good!!!

There are 2,766 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 56.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside