Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 3,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 63.
    #1 10 years ago

Looking to buy a Super Chexx bubble hockey in the KC area. Had one a couple years ago when the kids were little, now they're older and I want to get one back. Message me if you've got one to sell. Thanks

EDIT: Found one, turned into unofficial thread as requested

Pictures of my original CHEXX upgraded to NHL plus LED lighting upgrade details here:

http://gameroominfo.com/2016/11/07/bubble-hockey-lighting-upgrade/

I've put up a general bubble hockey guide here:

http://gameroominfo.com/bubble-hockey-guide/

Cleaning your bubble hockey:

http://gameroominfo.com/2016/12/06/clean-chexx-bubble-hockey/

Common Chexx parts here:

http://gameroominfo.com/2016/11/30/common-chexx-bubble-hockey-parts/

Replacing your players here:

http://gameroominfo.com/2016/11/29/replace-chexx-bubble-hockey-players/

Removing the ice here:

http://gameroominfo.com/2017/10/10/removing-ice-chexx-bubble-hockey/

Replacing a gearbox here:

http://gameroominfo.com/2017/10/10/replacing-gearbox-chexx-bubble-hockey/

New Super Chexx Pro:

http://gameroominfo.com/2017/10/26/super-chexx-pro-bubble-hockey-released/

How to add names/numbers to your players:

http://gameroominfo.com/2017/10/17/putting-numbers-names-chexx-bubble-hockey-players/

Hopefully these help someone out.

Now selling chexx cup holders as well. Email me at [email protected] if you’re interested in a red, blue, or black pair. See the picture for the colors.
    F1C4F1AA-204E-4C55-9E36-1F8EE2A15105 (resized).jpegF1C4F1AA-204E-4C55-9E36-1F8EE2A15105 (resized).jpeg

865B12B0-DB44-4E48-9354-78CA186ED3D0 (resized).jpeg865B12B0-DB44-4E48-9354-78CA186ED3D0 (resized).jpeg
    #2 10 years ago

Great game. I just transported ours to Canada with us on a fishing trip. Sure got some funny looks from the camp owners when we were carrying it in the cabin : )

#3 10 years ago

Most played game ever in the game room. Had mine for 9 years now. E-bay usually has a good amount for auction. 2 play, 4 play, young & old. Everyone enjoys. Good luck!-Joe

DSC04217.JPGDSC04217.JPG
    #4 10 years ago

I had one a couple years ago, loved it but the kids were too little so I sold it. Now they're big enough to play, hence why I'm trying to find one again. I'm surprised there aren't more around on craigslist, that thing wasn't easy to sell, took a month to sell my super chexx for $800 2 years ago. If I want to drive I can buy one pretty easily but I'd rather not go too far.

#6 10 years ago

Bump for an awesome game! I don't know if I would ever sell mine. I put a lot of hours into this bad boy and I still have some more things I want to design for it. I changed it to the 97' Penguins vs 2010 Blackhawks.

IMG_0452.JPGIMG_0452.JPG IMG_0453.JPGIMG_0453.JPG IMG_0454.JPGIMG_0454.JPG
    #7 10 years ago

Good looking game DJ. Funny I just posted something similar on Ebay

Mine is a poor mans Super Chexx, but still fun.

ebay.com link: ICE Kixx Dome Soccer Super Chexx Dome Bubble Soccer Pinball Hockey Arcade

IMG_1527.JPGIMG_1527.JPG

What's really kinda cool, is I got this on trade and was complaining to my lady that it was really nice, minus some douche carving their initials in the dome. She was like "OMG, you didn't notice!?" and I'm like notice what? She points out the initials are M & C... her name is Michelle, mine Craig, lol. Anyway, had a chance to earn a few brownie points and blew it by not noticing haha. Was more upset someone would do that in the 1st place.

#8 10 years ago

If you want to save a few bucks the original Chexx is a great option. I sold mine before a basement remodel, but I'd buy one back if one was for sale locally. I painted mine to be Gretzky (82-83 Oilers) vs Lemieux (92-93 Penguins). The bottom picture was actually the sideboard, which was never installed.

100_1630.jpg100_1630.jpg
    GretzkyvsLemieux.pngGretzkyvsLemieux.png

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

Most played game ever in the game room. ... 2 play, 4 play, young & old. Everyone enjoys. Good luck!-Joe

Yep, same here. Chexx is awesome.

I bought my original Chexx for $300, not working. Re-soldered a fat resistor on the power supply that fell off and it was back to normal. Found extra players to make a Toronto Maple Leafs -vs- Montreal Canadiens one day.

Great game. Good luck.

100_7926.JPG100_7926.JPG
    #10 10 years ago

I've been trying to buy one for over a year now! Every time I find one I like, I've blown all my play $ on another damn pin! Lol oh well maybe some day

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

If you want to save a few bucks the original Chexx is a great option. I sold mine before a basement remodel, but I'd buy one back if one was for sale locally. I painted mine to be Gretzky (82-83 Oilers) vs Lemieux (92-93 Penguins). The bottom picture was actually the sideboard, which was never installed.

100_1630.jpg 85 KB

GretzkyvsLemieux.png 33 KB

Yeah, I've thought about an original chexx but I'd like to have the shots on goal if I'm going to spend the money. Other than electronics they're basically all the same.

#12 10 years ago

It depends on what your budget is. Shots on goal would be cool, but I just don't think it's worth an extra $500.

#13 10 years ago

Still have mine that I got from the local CEC back in '86. Needs a little bit of work, but thankfully there are plenty of replacement parts available these days.

Good luck with your hunt!

#14 10 years ago

I grew up playing it at the arcade, bought one 10 years ago (US versus Russians) and just traded it to tatman + cash for his Wh20. We just stopped playing it - it was time to go.

tatman will be doing a revamp on it and making it look perty. It is a great game - GLWH.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

I grew up playing it at the arcade, bought one 10 years ago (US versus Russians) and just traded it to tatman + cash for his Wh20. We just stopped playing it - it was time to go.
    tatman will be doing a revamp on it and making it look perty. It is a great game - GLWH.

I just added a new dome. I have new players Chicago Black Hawks and Boston,came with all new decals,new ice. It is a fun game my boys are liking it a lot .

#16 10 years ago

I bought an '83 Chexx about a year ago for $600. Sure it's missing the shots on goal, but with the money I saved, I was able to strip it down, powdercoat the metal body, repaint the plastic cabinet, have new decals made (www.thisoldgame.com sells them now), get a new dome, new goals, etc. I have a a beautifully restored game and probably about $1000 in it. I really couldn't be happier....now I just need to find people who like to play!

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from shirkle:

I bought an '83 Chexx about a year ago for $600. Sure it's missing the shots on goal, but with the money I saved, I was able to strip it down, powdercoat the metal body, repaint the plastic cabinet, have new decals made (www.thisoldgame.com sells them now), get a new dome, new goals, etc. I have a a beautifully restored game and probably about $1000 in it. I really couldn't be happier....now I just need to find people who like to play!

What is shot on goal?

#18 10 years ago

Here is what I got image-823.jpgimage-823.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#19 10 years ago

My kids are still young, but I will probably pick one of these up myself in a few years.

#20 10 years ago

Great game always use to love going to Showbiz(now chuckie cheese) and playing it when I was a kid..

#21 10 years ago

Man this looks heaps fun

#22 10 years ago

Out of all stuff I have, when my brother comes over its usually first thing we play.

#23 10 years ago

I have a chexx machine. Can you swap the chexx players out with super chexx players?

#24 10 years ago

I want one too now. I'll pay $3 more than Taylor34 is offering and am willing to drive 500 feet farther than he's willing to go.

#25 10 years ago

I know that Chexx is the supreme brand, but what's the general feeling on other brands of bubble hockey?

Are there specific brands that are OK, or particular ones to stay away from?

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from haiderdj:

I know that Chexx is the supreme brand, but what's the general feeling on other brands of bubble hockey?
    Are there specific brands that are OK, or particular ones to stay away from?

Nothing comes even close, Chexx or nothing in my opinion.

Steve

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

I want one too now. I'll pay $3 more than Taylor34 is offering and am willing to drive 500 feet farther than he's willing to go.

Haha, nice. I was excited for a second when I saw 26 posts, then I read the thread and realized that there's no soup for me.

#28 10 years ago

I bought one for my daughter and son in law for a house warming gift. Now I don't mind hanging out with them! Fun game.

#29 10 years ago

This is probably obvious, but this game is most fun when you have others around your same still level. It's not like pinball where you can always set a high score. Part of the reason I sold mine, besides the basement remodel, was that I simply didn't have any competition--I'm not even that good, but my friends all just seemed to really suck at the game.

#30 10 years ago

Super chexx can be had brand new for about $2500.

I'm actually thinking about selling my HS & Pinbot to fund one. Cool games.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Super chexx can be had brand new for about $2500.
    I'm actually thinking about selling my HS & Pinbot to fund one. Cool games.

Actually brand new you can get one for $2295 if you don't care about the coin door (which most people wouldn't). I did have one offer, someone offered me one for $2k (not on pinside)...there's no way that I'd pay $2k for one when a brand new one is only a few hundred more without all the scratches and dings that these things seem to get. That's the hard part, finding a seller in touch with reality. $1500 for a nice one seems reasonable if it's less than 10 years old.

#32 10 years ago

See I would have to be an idiot and need to get the coin door for the extra $200.00. It looks more authentic to me I guess.

Good luck. From what I read they're easy to repair and parts are readily available. The company that makes them is local to me, so I should be able to nab one at some point.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

This is probably obvious, but this game is most fun when you have others around your same still level. It's not like pinball where you can always set a high score. Part of the reason I sold mine, besides the basement remodel, was that I simply didn't have any competition--I'm not even that good, but my friends all just seemed to really suck at the game.

That's definitely an issue with the game, though not as bad as foosball (which I had before). In foosball, if you're decent, no one will ever stand a chance. In Chexx there are random bounces that will sometimes allow the worse player to win before time runs out.

#34 10 years ago

To answer someone's question- yes, the players are interchangeable between Chexx and Super Chexx. You just pull straight up on the players and they pop off. All of the visible parts are completely interchangeable as they are identical parts, except for the scoreboard. The only changes that I'm aware of are the electronics(circuit board, scoreboard, wiring, etc.) and a couple of of mechanical pieces under the ice surface like the upkicker unit that ejects the puck.

Tatman- yours appears to be the '83 version, but with a Super Chexx decal.

Like pinball, minor mods can be made. People put logos on the "boards", paint players, paint the ice. I added LEDs behind the ICE period lights.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from tatman9999:

What is shot on goal?

I was wondering this myself. A friend of mine said he has one he'll sell me for $300.(he paid 600. yrs.ago), but I haven't seen it yet and don't know if it's a Chexx or Super, it does have a coin door is all I know.

So what is that "shot on goal" to look for?

#36 10 years ago

There is a shot on goal counter on the scoreboard on the newer ones (Super Chexx).

#37 10 years ago

BEST GAME EVER!!!!!

liked it so much I searched high and low for the sister game - Super Kixx.... and I found and bought it too.. but it pales in comparison to the chexx

to all you pool table owners.. idea.... SELL IT and put a super chexx in its spot!!!!

my 2 cents

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

he'll sell me for $300

Buy it regardless if you want it or not. For that price its a steal.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from shirkle:

Like pinball, minor mods can be made. People put logos on the "boards", ...

That's a great idea! Never thought of that, thanks.

... Tim Horton's, CBC, Moosehead, Crappy Tire, ...

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

That's definitely an issue with the game, though not as bad as foosball (which I had before). In foosball, if you're decent, no one will ever stand a chance. In Chexx there are random bounces that will sometimes allow the worse player to win before time runs out.

As someone who sucks at Foosball...it's a very similar feeling. There are common shots in Chexx that the beginner player just doesn't even think to defend. An example is from the right defense with the puck back at your own goal. When you shoot it hard it raises over all of the sticks so you have to block it with your center or goalie. There is nothing intuitive for new players to pull your center back to defend when the puck is sitting next to the goal. It's a really nice looking shot too. The puck rockets to the upper corners of the goal.

#41 10 years ago

So I was watching this chexx over in St. Louis on ebay, thinking that it might go reasonable:

ebay.com link: SUPER CHEXX BUBBLE HOCKEY COMPLETELY SHOPPED OUT CUSTOM TEAMS OF YOUR CHOICE

WHAT THE HECK, lol. 5k to 7.5k plays on it, and people are spending brand new money on it. Mind blowing, lol.

#42 10 years ago

But it has custom painted players.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

But it has custom painted players.

But the professionally done players + ice + side logos + etc + brand new machine is $2799. $1950 for a routed chexx + aftermarket painted players? Mind blown, lol. Or you could buy a much cheaper used one and buy the factory package with the players + ice + logos for $400.

#44 10 years ago

This was one of my favorite games to play as a kid. I would love to own one some day myself. I see that you can get them with a split base or without. Is the only reason for having the split base to get it through narrower doors? Otherwise, does it matter?

Good luck with your search, OP.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

So I was watching this chexx over in St. Louis on ebay, thinking that it might go reasonable:
    Ebay link
    WHAT THE HECK, lol. 5k to 7.5k plays on it, and people are spending brand new money on it. Mind blowing, lol.

Over new price

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

This was one of my favorite games to play as a kid. I would love to own one some day myself. I see that you can get them with a split base or without. Is the only reason for having the split base to get it through narrower doors? Otherwise, does it matter?
    Good luck with your search, OP.

Yes. You need to have a 35" door to fit the non split base through a doorway if i'm not mistaken. I've been researching these and planned for it be my next purchase, untill MMR was announced. Who knows it still my be my next toy.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Yes. You need to have a 35" door to fit the non split base through a doorway if i'm not mistaken. I've been researching these and planned for it be my next purchase, untill MMR was announced. Who knows it still my be my next toy.

Ok. Thanks. I passed on MMR and am tearing a wall down in my house for more space, so I thought about buying one of the new ones.

Bump!

#48 10 years ago

I have owned two Chexx machines. When I first bought one I was advised by several people not to buy one as "the novelty wears off quick and they make a lousy laundry table"! After owning one for a few years we used it enough that I decided to purchase a Limited Edition one in 2005. To this day it is still one of the games that gets the most use. Great game and now that you can buy them direct from ICE for a grand less then I could 8 years ago is great.

DSC08464.JPGDSC08464.JPG
    #49 10 years ago

Wow, that is one sweet room.

Quoted from meSz:

I have owned two Chexx machines. When I first bought one I was advised by several people not to buy one as "the novelty wears off quick and they make a lousy laundry table"! After owning one for a few years we used it enough that I decided to purchase a Limited Edition one in 2005. To this day it is still one of the games that gets the most use. Great game and now that you can buy them direct from ICE for a grand less then I could 8 years ago is great.

DSC08464.JPG 1 MB

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Wow, that is one sweet room.

Thank you!

There are 3,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.