Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC01650_zps34416fdf.jpg
20140621_095414.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider egyptrus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 9 years ago

Keep waiting patiently and one will show up at that price before too long. In the meantime, you can come over to my place whenever you'd like and play mine

Dave

#41 9 years ago

And whether mods lift the value of a game as a whole is subjective. In general, most mods are aesthetic and not functional. For me, the aesthetic mods add no value what so ever to a game. Sure, they can be cool and they can be fun to add but the game play will not be affected in any way by the mod. Game play is more important than looks for me so they don't add any value. I know there are plenty of folks that love mods and that's totally cool and they probably feel the mods add value. Different perspectives.

As for getting an ST:TNG in the price range he's looking for, one will come along eventually. You just have to be patient.

Dave

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Which is the risk with mods -- if you add them to your game and expect to get a substantial portion of that cost back, you're limiting your buyer pool to people that are interested in the same mods you are.

Excellent point. Of course, most mods can be removed, bu then you either have to sell them to someone else or hold on to them in case you end up with the same title again in the future.

I will say that I'm not anti-mod, but I'm not paying extra for the mods that have been added. If someone were selling a modded ST:TNG at a price I thought a non-modded one would go for (or at least close) I'd still be a buyer but if the price of the game is increased because of the mods, then I probably wouldn't be a buyer.

Dave

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider egyptrus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-sttng-avg-condition-3300?tu=egyptrus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.