Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Bigboythursday
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC01650_zps34416fdf.jpg
20140621_095414.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Looking to buy an avg condition sttng. Looking to spend around $3300. I'm located in Milwaukee WI.

#2 5 years ago

Good luck with that....it's not impossible, but hope you're prepared to wait it out!

#3 5 years ago

Best of luck,.. Amazing pin

#4 5 years ago

You just missed Bundy's beauty that was stolen for $3,500.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from we7313:

Looking to buy an avg condition sttng. Looking to spend around $3300. I'm located in Milwaukee WI.

Not impossible, but more likely to find them from $3700- $4400 for average condition. Most STTNG seems to be in good condition, rarely see pf wear, no such thing as cabinet fade, usually just a couple of broken plastics and maybe the ramp entrances.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Not impossible, but more likely to find them from $3700- $4400 for average condition. Most STTNG seems to be in good condition, rarely see pf wear, no such thing as cabinet fade, usually just a couple of broken plastics and maybe the ramp entrances.

In another words, the Federation made them well.

#7 5 years ago

If i'm sitting a few $100 to low, id be willing to go up a bit. Just that bit though, have held out for 3 months already and keep missing the good deals.

#8 5 years ago

Well, at least you're waiting on an awesome game. You gotta love STTNG. GL with the search.

#9 5 years ago

Keep waiting patiently and one will show up at that price before too long. In the meantime, you can come over to my place whenever you'd like and play mine

Dave

#10 5 years ago

They can be found, just have to wait. Picked one up a few months ago for $2900. It needed a good shop job and a few repairs, but it is freaking beautiful now.

#11 5 years ago

Yea seems 3500 to 4000 is what they have been selling for im waiting for one to pop up near me also

#12 5 years ago

Hm, you're posting a WTB for a lower than average price on a pin. Where's Markmon to bitch you out for such a fools errand.

Good luck!

Michael

#13 5 years ago

One pm received so far, but the pin is over 8 hours away. I've driven 5 hours before for a pin, but don't think I could do a 17 hour round trip.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from we7313:

One pm received so far, but the pin is over 8 hours away. I've driven 5 hours before for a pin, but don't think I could do a 17 hour round trip.

Could always see if the seller will meet you 1/2 way for a few extra bucks, or just stay overnight at a cheap motel if you dont have the stamina for a 17 hour road trip. There are ways, besides, makes a great 'let me tell you the story behind this STTNG' story

#16 5 years ago

Three months is nothing. Waiting 2, 3 or even 4 years is pretty normal unless you want to pay for it.

Quoted from we7313:

have held out for 3 months already and keep missing the good deals.

#17 5 years ago

Took me 6 years to find an AFM I could afford. Good luck in your quest!

#19 5 years ago

It goes in waves. sometimes there are a bunch for sale, driving price down, then there will be a drought for a while. good luck with your search for this awesome game!!

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Three months is nothing. Waiting 2, 3 or even 4 years is pretty normal unless you want to pay for it.

Not on this title..

I bought one for 1400 bucks, sold it, then bought another one a year and a half later for 3k (with powdered trim, and upgraded opto boards, recapped driver board, new optos on the troughs....dude was diligent LOL)

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

In another words, the Federation made them well.

I would say that when they were on route that they got so little play that they have held up cosmetically pretty well. Very similar to TZ.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

They can be found, just have to wait. Picked one up a few months ago for $2900. It needed a good shop job and a few repairs, but it is freaking beautiful now.

That's exactly what I paid last year for mine, but it needed a new MPU, new legs, locks, a couple fixes, adjustments and a good cleaning!

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I would say that when they were on route that they got so little play that they have held up cosmetically pretty well. Very similar to TZ.

was STTNG a poor earner? it's one of the few games from that era that i remember playing. i was more of a video game teenager, but i'd play some STTNG if a place had one.

#24 5 years ago

STTNG was the last pinball game to sell over 10,000 units. Probably a combo of great theme, Steve Ritichie's track record, and the recent memory of TAF for operators.

I don't remember seeing it on location back in the day, and never played one until I traded a Black Knight for one 10 years or so ago. My guess is - like TZ - it was a tough game to keep running on location.

#25 5 years ago

Hope you get one. Very fun game and should find one under $4000. Maybe hold off till a huge new game announcment and everyone has another firesale.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

was STTNG a poor earner? it's one of the few games from that era that i remember playing. i was more of a video game teenager, but i'd play some STTNG if a place had one.

I just remember seeing them quite a bit, but they were ALWAYS broken (Much like TZ). Cannons did not work, it popped multiple balls out, etc... I hardly dumped money into them because of how little they seemed to work.

#27 5 years ago

Still looking for one. All Pms received have been to far to drive (5 hours is my limit).

#28 5 years ago

You received multiple PMs about $3300-range STTNGs for sale?

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

There were a few STTNGs on location around here, and they always worked great. We played the crap out of them, unlike TZ.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There were a few STTNGs on location around here, and they always worked great. We played the crap out of them, unlike TZ.

STTNG (along with IJ and TZ) were the games I remember arriving broken right out of the box at the bowling alley I worked at. The local arcade and golfland/scandia type places had them (as did Great America) and they were always broken. It was a bummer since Great America had the DE ST (with the awesome backglass), but lousy gameplay.

I admit I hate the theme for the game, but I am coming around to how insanely difficult the game is.

#31 5 years ago

For me, it was the machine that took everything to another level. The OPs around here must have fine tuned them well. I spent hours and hours on it. There was nothing else like it. Until I met Judge Dredd.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

For me, it was the machine that took everything to another level. The OPs around here must have fine tuned them well. I spent hours and hours on it. There was nothing else like it. Until I met Judge Dredd.

We were lucky enough to usually get the new releases, which was awesome. I remember that TAF and TZ (when it worked) were the games that blew me away. It was pretty cool to have the games rotated semi-regularly and getting the chance to play them new out of the box. The OPs were always really cool about it, and usually tossed on some free credits for 'testing'

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from we7313:

Still looking for one. All Pms received have been to far to drive (5 hours is my limit).

In that case, I'll take PMs for $3300 STTNGs that were too far away for him

#34 5 years ago

I'll take all the $3300 PMs within several hours of Atlanta!

#35 5 years ago

Yeah, post these games for sale. Anyone selling a nice one for $2,300?

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I'll take all the $3300 PMs within several hours of Atlanta!

My guess is that the PMs for seeing if he's willing to stretch upward into the 3700-4k range and not 3300.

#37 5 years ago

I just got rid of my STTNG. If I had to ad up all the money I spent on it ColorDMD, shaker, topper, plastics, protectors, LEDs, LEDOCD, etc... I bet it ends up less than a $3300 base game. Wish I would have found it for that price to begin with. But I had fun playing it and modding it so that is all that counts.

20140621_095414.jpg
#38 5 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I just got rid of my STTNG. If I had to ad up all the money I spent on it ColorDMD, shaker, topper, plastics, protectors, LEDs, LEDOCD, etc... I bet it ends up less than a $3300 base game. Wish I would have found it for that price to begin with. But I had fun playing it and modding it so that is all that counts.

20140621_095414.jpg 287 KB

First of all - that looks great! Nice game!

Second ... You really can't expect to get full value paid for mods when you sell a game. Mods done should be for one's own enjoyment moreso than resale value. Just my opinion.

#39 5 years ago

Yeah, and you can always take out the LED OCD and shaker easily enough. lol. CDMD too if you have the original display. I know none of that are going anywhere in my games!

My shaker motor went from Tron, to AC/DC Premium, and is now in Metallica! HISTORY!

#40 5 years ago

Expensive mods almost never translate back out in the games sale price. They as a whole lift the game's value, but at a substantial net loss given their original costs. Add mods for your enjoyment and not with the expectation that's it's going to substantially raise the game's value.

#41 5 years ago

And whether mods lift the value of a game as a whole is subjective. In general, most mods are aesthetic and not functional. For me, the aesthetic mods add no value what so ever to a game. Sure, they can be cool and they can be fun to add but the game play will not be affected in any way by the mod. Game play is more important than looks for me so they don't add any value. I know there are plenty of folks that love mods and that's totally cool and they probably feel the mods add value. Different perspectives.

As for getting an ST:TNG in the price range he's looking for, one will come along eventually. You just have to be patient.

Dave

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

And whether mods lift the value of a game as a whole is subjective. In general, most mods are aesthetic and not functional. For me, the aesthetic mods add no value what so ever to a game. Sure, they can be cool and they can be fun to add but the game play will not be affected in any way by the mod. Game play is more important than looks for me so they don't add any value. I know there are plenty of folks that love mods and that's totally cool and they probably feel the mods add value. Different perspectives.
As for getting an ST:TNG in the price range he's looking for, one will come along eventually. You just have to be patient.
Dave

Which is the risk with mods -- if you add them to your game and expect to get a substantial portion of that cost back, you're limiting your buyer pool to people that are interested in the same mods you are.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Which is the risk with mods -- if you add them to your game and expect to get a substantial portion of that cost back, you're limiting your buyer pool to people that are interested in the same mods you are.

Excellent point. Of course, most mods can be removed, bu then you either have to sell them to someone else or hold on to them in case you end up with the same title again in the future.

I will say that I'm not anti-mod, but I'm not paying extra for the mods that have been added. If someone were selling a modded ST:TNG at a price I thought a non-modded one would go for (or at least close) I'd still be a buyer but if the price of the game is increased because of the mods, then I probably wouldn't be a buyer.

Dave

#44 5 years ago

I sold my avg condition for 3k, 3 months ago... But I also live in Florida where prices are way better.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Second ... You really can't expect to get full value paid for mods when you sell a game. Mods done should be for one's own enjoyment moreso than resale value. Just my opinion.

I do enjoy people preaching about what others can and can't charge for in a machine.

'm happy to pay extra for mods if they are what I want, especially since I don't have to do the install, as some of them are a bitch.

If they are not what I want, I still respect the fact that this is the machine, and this is the price, regardless of what I feel looks good or the value is, and decide to buy from there.

Quoted from kbliznick:

Most STTNG seems to be in good condition, rarely see pf wear, no such thing as cabinet fade, usually just a couple of broken plastics and maybe the ramp entrances.

It's hard to find a rough cab on a STTNG I have found, where with most other WPC's it's the opposite.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from CASTHOF:

I sold my avg condition for 3k, 3 months ago... But I also live in Florida where prices are way better.

I sold a very nice condition STTNG for $5500 3 months ago in Florida as well. Color DMD, Chrome Trim and other mods may not raise value to some, but I don't think that is true with a modestly modded and fully shopped game. Especially one as complex as STTNG that some people may feel nervous tinkering on.

DSC01650_zps34416fdf.jpg

#47 5 years ago

I have an above average for 3900

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

I have an above average for 3900

Sorry, send me a pm

#49 5 years ago

Good luck but That was the going rate about 5yrs.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside