Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

!Bb)w60QB2k~$(KGrHqMOKkUEq4+BGQcQBK)ll.jpg
!Bb)10lg!mk~$(KGrHqIOKjYEq4OpENp!BK)l1.jpg
!Bb)2ynQ!2k~$(KGrHqUOKjkEq5UJorjkBK)l5.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Got a call last night from a client saying that his Gottlieb Genie was taken from his Ann Arbor MI garage some time in the last few weeks.

The also took his SnapOn toolbox, space heater and a bunch of aluminum plate.

Backglass is perfect, playfield is near perfect, but I had removed the upper playfield mini flipper bats and mechs late last year.

My client is not sure exactly when it got taken as he had not gone into his garage in the last few weeks.

His wife's name is Genie (she is a reasonable facsimile for a 22 year old Barbra Eden), and this was supposed to be a big time surprise gift.

Please keep an eye out. I took some pictures last year when he bought it. I'll try and post some distinguishing marks.

In the meantime, looking to buy a nice Genie in the north OH, southern MI area.

#2 6 years ago

Man that blows! Great pin I played back in the day. Hope ya' find another one and the idiot who took it gets caught.Best of luck~SpOoKy

#3 6 years ago

They must have brought a forklift. Isn't that Genie about as heavy as the SnapOn toolbox?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They must have brought a forklift. Isn't that Genie about as heavy as the SnapOn toolbox?

Probably heavier!

#5 6 years ago

genie is huge. Ultra wide body and full length to go with it. Blow your nuts out lifting that one.

#6 6 years ago

What the hell? That's 2 of these thefts.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from PennSkier:

What the hell? That's 2 of these thefts.

That's what I told my client.

He is not a pinhead, so he would never read Pinside or RGP.

He has a corner house and his detached garage faces the street. He thinks they somehow got the side door open, then opened the big garage door.

#8 6 years ago

Some people are animals. Wouldn't it be great to catch them in the act of stealing it.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from sterlingpinball:

Wouldn't it be great to catch them in the act of stealing it.

Unless their weapons are loaded and yours isn't.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Unless their weapons are loaded and yours isn't.

What's the use of an unloaded gun?

#11 6 years ago

Can you post the serial number on the game? I had a Fire Power stolen off of a route many years ago, I keep a list of all serial numbers now and also write them inside the game in a odd place that can't be seen easily in case they try to sand them off. Live and learn for me.

#12 6 years ago

WOW! I hope you find this person! Maybe you can have a lot of Pinsiders waiting in the shadows....teach them a lesson

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Can you post the serial number on the game?

Maybe.

I'll ask him if he wrote the serial on the bill of sale.

He paid $350 for it, so I'm sure he asked for a receipt.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

WOW! I hope you find this person! Maybe you can have a lot of Pinsiders waiting in the shadows....teach them a lesson

Usually when you teach a lesson you want the least number of people around.

Many people envision a big movie roundhouse with cheering and grinning.

But in reality, very few have the nuts for the breaking of human bone and teeth.

#15 6 years ago

Sensitivity session with baseball bats are a great way to deal with scumbags. Evidence can be burned in a bonfire.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

exactly

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

But in reality, very few have the nuts for the breaking of human bone and teeth.

Those that do, don't want witnesses.

LTG : )

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Blow your nuts out lifting that one.

Maybe the assholes that took this pin did just that.

#19 6 years ago

At least his wife looks like Barbara Eden. Lucky guy.

That's my take-away from this thread.

Seriously, the more I live, the more I think the world's full of scum-bags. Did either of you have the serial number recorded?

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

At least his wife looks like Barbara Eden. Lucky guy.

Yes, she is very fine.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

Did either of you have the serial number recorded?

I emailed him to look on his receipt for the S#.

I may have accidentally recorded it when I took pics of his game, but I'm 600 miles away from those files right now.

#22 6 years ago

BTW, they did not take the legs, even though they were laying right next to the cab.

#23 6 years ago

i really dont care what the law says.if you mess with a mans pinball machine you should meet the business end of a shotgun.

#24 6 years ago

6800 Genie pins produced.
Hopefully enough pics taken of your client's Genie machine to be able to narrow it down a lot,
and/or s/n recorded or visible in a pic.
Hope it gets located and returned in reasonably good condition.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

My client is not sure exactly when it got taken as he had not gone into his garage in the last few weeks.

Somebody knew that also which means that he was being watched and knew when to strike.

Probably somebody that he knows as well.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I guess I gotta wonder, was he out of town for a while? I'm in my garage daily.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

expensive stick?

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess I gotta wonder, was he out of town for a while? I'm in my garage daily.

He is in kind of a downtown area of Ann Arbor, so people don't have 4 car or attached garages like suburban people do.

It is a really small garage, maybe a 1 car size. There were tools, a small electric space heater, Genie, a boat that they did not take, and a nice pile of aluminum tooling plate.

He was in town whenever it happened, but his garage is not what I would call a workshop, nor does he keep an auto in it.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Usually when you teach a lesson you want the least number of people around.
Many people envision a big movie roundhouse with cheering and grinning.

Have your local dojo on alert.

#30 6 years ago

The theft threads lately have me thinking harder about the security of my pins. Wife and I just bought a small house with detached garage. Wife will use the house as a photo studio and I was planning on using the garage as a pin workshop. It is across town from my residence. Rethinking......

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He is in kind of a downtown area of Ann Arbor, so people don't have 4 car or attached garages like suburban people do.
It is a really small garage, maybe a 1 car size. There were tools, a small electric space heater, Genie, a boat that they did not take, and a nice pile of aluminum tooling plate.
He was in town whenever it happened, but his garage is not what I would call a workshop, nor does he keep an auto in it.

The tooling plate will end up at a scrap yard first, that is where to start and since they have to produce ID to sell it that is how to catch them.

#32 6 years ago

i really dont care what the law says.if you mess with a mans pinball machine you should meet the business end of a shotgun.

!Bb)2ynQ!2k~$(KGrHqUOKjkEq5UJorjkBK)l5.jpg !Bb)10lg!mk~$(KGrHqIOKjYEq4OpENp!BK)l1.jpg !Bb)w60QB2k~$(KGrHqMOKkUEq4+BGQcQBK)ll.jpg

#33 6 years ago

Awesome signs. I might have to print those out.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

The tooling plate will end up at a scrap yard first, that is where to start and since they have to produce ID to sell it that is how to catch them.

That is exactly what the police said.

So far though, no scrap yard is admitting to buying all that clean plate in the area.

#35 6 years ago

Most scrap yards are as crooked as the people that bring in the stolen "scrap". The fab shop i worked for had a bunch of stuff stolen and we called the yard asking if anybody brought x stuff in and they said no. I went there an hour later to "look for some car parts" and found all of the shops stuff hidden out back behind some of the buildings. Along with other stuff that looked fresh.

#36 6 years ago

The thieves may be cautious enough to go to a scrap yard that is a bit further away and/or to wait a while before trying to sell the metal for scrap. Don't give up on this method for helping to track down the thief.
The fact that this plate was also taken does give more insight to the thief's mindset, motives, etc.
Please update us later on when Genie is found.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Yes, and why not kill his family also ? That has been proven to be a great deterrent. Sheesh.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from schmoo:

Yes, and why not kill his family also ?

If they were on my property helping move the machines they were stealing....yep.

#39 6 years ago

wow i had no idea pinball owners were such macho tough guys, i'm super impressed ...

#40 6 years ago

It's a good idea to be able to identify the pin as yours specifically (Name and Email and serial number should be fine if you ever need to identify it). I place one copy of said info stuck to the mounting plate in the back box under the driver board, and one copy under the mounting plate for the right flipper, and inside the cover for the AC circuit. Then all three major parts can be identified. Also retain pictures/purchase price for insurance. The app MyStuff2 for iOS is amazing for archiving property for insurance purposes btw, more than just pinball machines.

2 months later
#41 5 years ago

Any update on this?

#42 5 years ago

There has been quite of bit of Genie's for sale in the chicago area,Keep checking CL and Ebay.
BTW..Look at some completed listings on Ebay also

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from sterlingpinball:

Some people are animals. Wouldn't it be great to catch them in the act of stealing it.

If I caught guys doing that they would be dead thieves... !

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from pdman:

Any update on this?

As of 2 weeks ago, no dice.

Still looking for a Genie.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Summerville, SC
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Windham, ME
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 8.40
1,175 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Lansdale, PA
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 142.00
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
€ 222.00
Cabinet - Decals
Buthamburg

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside