(Topic ID: 51169)

TRS Giving Me "Check Left Flipper EOS Switch" -- Please Advise! Thanks!

By usandthem

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by usandthem
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Found my Rolling Stones. Excited. HUO in really nice shape. I am getting one error "Check Left Flipper EOS". The left flipper seems fine and no different than the right one. What should I check on that? Thanks a lot, guys.

#2 10 years ago

They are going new for a reasonable price from various dealers who would probably love to sell them.You could probably work a deal.

#3 10 years ago

Try Trent at tiltamusements.com. Pinball Pete's, just 16 miles away from you or I had one. Alas, Ballykid, who was there last night said he did not see it so maybe it has been moved to East Lansing.

2 weeks later
#4 10 years ago

Found it. Excited as all get out!

#5 10 years ago

Bump- Edited title. Thanks!

#6 10 years ago

Go into the switch test and find out what the difference is between how the right and left flippers are working. They may seem the same, but the error indicates they are not.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Bump- Edited title. Thanks!

Power off, remove balls.

Lift playfield. Look at both the right and left flipper mech. Even move them. See the pawl ( part that secures plunger and plastic link to the flipper shaft ) when it moves/turns it opens a set of leaf blade points ( switch ).

The left side isn't working the same as the right. The left either isn't closed ( making contact ) or opening when the flipper goes up.

Now you are fortunate you have the right one to compare to. See if a wire broke off, if one of the leaf blades broke off, or simple adjusting is needed.

LTG : )

#8 10 years ago

LTG- Thanks a million. Broken wire- just did first ever solder job on my own. It's weird though. The flipper wasn't acting different or strangely at all. Thanks again!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

LTG- Thanks a million. Broken wire- just did first ever solder job on my own. It's weird though. The flipper wasn't acting different or strangely at all. Thanks again!

Watch the first half of this video and it will tell you what the EOS switch is, why your problem flipper did not appear to act differently than the other, and why it's important to fix it.

#10 10 years ago

Thanks again, guys. Thanks for sharing the the Youtube video, Kurisu. Now I get it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-stern-the-rolling-stones-probably-standard-maybe-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.