(Topic ID: 96175)

WTB: Stern Lightning and Other Classic Stern, FT: Firepower (Colorado)

By HighNoon

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by bemmett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I've been looking for a Stern Lightning for some time now. I've had a couple slip through my fingers but haven't been able to nail one down yet. I like projects and players machines the most, but I'm interested in anything except for maybe the high-end primo restorations. If you'd like to trade projects, I have several project pins that I'd trade. Let me know what you have and let's talk!

I'm always looking for any of the other Stern M-200 games except for Flight 2000 and Big Game (already have those).

Not looking to ship. Looking in Colorado or thereabouts.

Edited to add that I would trade a Firepower, +/- cash as needed.

Thanks,
Luke

#2 5 years ago

I'm also looking for classic Sterns. Game Exchange has a Meteor and Universal Pinball has a Nine Ball, but when I was there last week it wasn't working and does have BG and playfield wear. If I run across soon any other Sterns you might possibly have an interest in, I'll let you know.

Sure wish I could find a Catacomb.

#3 5 years ago

I collect the old Sterns too, love them. Recently purchased a " Cheetah" What a game!.I do own a Quicksilver . Meteor, and a Galaxy all mpu 200.. Are games like Quicksilver and Catacomb common over in the USA as there seems to be quite a few down here in Oz? Good luck with the search. Nice to see more flipper parts and the like now more available and the boards of course , tis a great feeling getting a game working like new after it has sat for years

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

I'm also looking for classic Sterns. Game Exchange has a Meteor and Universal Pinball has a Nine Ball, but when I was there last week it wasn't working and does have BG and playfield wear. If I run across soon any other Sterns you might possibly have an interest in, I'll let you know.
Sure wish I could find a Catacomb.

Thanks Wesley...I'll do the same. Nice to see some other Classic Stern collectors out there.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Ralph67:

I collect the old Sterns too, love them. Recently purchased a " Cheetah" What a game!.I do own a Quicksilver . Meteor, and a Galaxy all mpu 200.. Are games like Quicksilver and Catacomb common over in the USA as there seems to be quite a few down here in Oz? Good luck with the search. Nice to see more flipper parts and the like now more available and the boards of course , tis a great feeling getting a game working like new after it has sat for years

Hey Ralph. I see Meteors every now and then, but I hardly ever see Quicksilvers and Catacombs. I agree, it's great that some of the parts are being reproduced now...especially flippers. I have a couple I've been staring at for years now and just haven't gotten to fixing them up, so I know the feeling. Cheetah is cool...I'd love to find one to go with my Big Game!

--Luke

#6 5 years ago

I love the classic Sterns. I have Seawitch, Meteor, and Stargazer. They are all fun. Good luck on the search. Lightning is fun. i played a nice one at the Allentown show a couple months ago.

mike

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I love the classic Sterns. I have Seawitch, Meteor, and Stargazer. They are all fun. Good luck on the search. Lightning is fun. i played a nice one at the Allentown show a couple months ago.
mike

Thanks Mike. Seawitch, Meteor, and Stargazer are all cool games.

--Luke

#8 5 years ago

Got my first Classic Stern for free (Cheetah). Then got Galaxy, Meteor and Star Gazer. Now a lot of my local collector friends are looking for them. Fun games with great sounds, art and juicy drop targets.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Got my first Classic Stern for free (Cheetah).

Lucky...

--Luke

#10 5 years ago

Monday bump.

#11 5 years ago

I also have a Firepower that I'd be up for trading, +/- cash as needed.

--Luke

#12 5 years ago

I've got a Lightning for sale in Florida if anybody is interested. Here's the link to the Pinside ad.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/13312

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballshark:

I've got a Lightning for sale in Florida if anybody is interested. Here's the link to the Pinside ad.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/13312

Mostly looking for something that I don't have to ship...thanks though.

--Luke

#14 5 years ago

I know someone with a Catacomb in Greeley, not sure if he'd sell it but I think he has mentioned it before. I can always ask if interested

#15 5 years ago

I wonder if that's the nice Catacomb that was at the Pinball Showdown in Denver a few years ago? Great game!
Would love to own one.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I know someone with a Catacomb in Greeley, not sure if he'd sell it but I think he has mentioned it before. I can always ask if interested

bemmet...I sent you a PM.

--Luke

#17 5 years ago

Wes and Luke,

I don't see him as often as I used to but usually run into him once a month or so at events so I'll mention it to him to see if he is interested in selling or trading it.

Thanks.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside