• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG1319.jpg
IMAG1320.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Just as the title says, I'm looking for the upper left metal ramp. Listed in the manual p. 67 as item #22, part #31251.

Thanks for looking.

#2 9 years ago

Did you check Pinball Resource?

#3 9 years ago

Didn't call him, but the Stargate page lists it as not available. "Metal Ramp - No Longer Available"

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Pacer:

Didn't call him, but the Stargate page lists it as not available. "Metal Ramp - No Longer Available"

I've been surprised a couple of times by inquiring about a part being listed as not available, though granted, most of the time that isn't the case.

#5 9 years ago

Has anyone ever welded their ramps?

#6 9 years ago

He doesn't have it. He listed the archive parts he recently acquired and sorted through on this page:

http://pbresource.com/gtbapart.html

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Has anyone ever welded their ramps?

Yes people have and then have had them plated after doing so. There are a few threads around here about it. Probably the OP's best option.

viperrwk

#7 9 years ago

I've had scoops welded as well as other hidden metal ball guides. I plan on doing the same here... but wanted to grab one from a parted machine if possible.

#8 9 years ago

I have it,send you a PM

#9 9 years ago

Still looking.

#10 9 years ago

My left ramp broke as well. The left wall of it separated, to be exact. I called Steve Young about this earlier this year and he told me he did not have any. Luckily, my dad has a welding machine and I got him to repair it for me by dropping a bunch of small spot welds on it. He thought the metal was too thin and would warp if he tried to run a bead along the whole seam. Cleaned up the welds on the inside with a Dremel and it has held up well for over 6 months now. I was contemplating replating, but someone I know had to have it so I sold it.

I would advise to seek out a local welder. It only takes a few minutes and they'll probably do it for 20-50 bucks. Or, like my dad, a few beers.

#11 9 years ago

Yes, I expect that's what I'll have to do. The local welder I used for delicate work retired. I have another welder that I've used for less delicate things. Perhaps I'll talk to him about it.

My ramp is separated just as you describe.

2 weeks later
#12 9 years ago

Bump to get a few new eyeballs on this. Thanks.

2 months later
#13 9 years ago

Bump for wanted... picked up this pin in which someone had welded the ramp... BADLY.... got slag everywhere. The whole thing is warped so badly the top screw stripped from the playfield and the back edge sits a 1/4" off the playfield. If anyone has one PM me... in the meantime i am going to try to fix what this idiot did...

IMAG1320.jpgIMAG1320.jpg IMAG1319.jpgIMAG1319.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-stargate-upper-left-ramp-31251 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.