Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mainelycoasters
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Just picked up a Star Wars Episode 1 and its missing the light saber, anyone know where to get it? I checked all the local places. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Just picked up a Star Wars Episode 1 and its missing the light saber, anyone know where to get it? I checked all the local places. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks

Back when I picked up a SWE1, I needed a new light saber and went with this:

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-1736-g24s-toxic-green-24-straight-neon-light-bar.aspx

After receiving it, it does work great but there are a few differences. The tube is clear rather than green. Actually the bulb is white until it turns on, then it is green. It is a bit shorter, so I had to move it up further in the saber handle (and it still is a little short, but not bad), which is not the greatest fit. It seems to have a little smaller diameter. I'm sure the overall coloring effect is a bit different, but since it wasn't working when I got the machine, I cannot personally tell (YMMV).

Also, the transformer is built into it, so all you need is this part (and the saber handle if you do not have it). I've been very happy with it.

#4 7 years ago

I have an original Neon tube and new transformer . less the handle and handle container and glass tube . LMK if you need what I have

#5 7 years ago

Looks like you've got a couple of options for everything but the saber handle and "handle container', I have all three pieces NOS. Let me know if you'd like them.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
314-766-4587

#6 7 years ago

Thanks guys, i really need the green glass tube? Anyone know where to find these? Were they glass or plastic? Thanks Mike

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Thanks guys, i really need the green glass tube? Anyone know where to find these? Were they glass or plastic? Thanks Mike

There was one in the link that SealClubber provided. Beyond that, I have not seen these tubes for sale anywhere else.

Update: That site does not allow you to put one in your cart - so apparently they are out of stock on them.

#9 7 years ago

Found the handle and both the upper and lower cover, waiting to hear back on huge neon, so all I really need is that tube? Is it glass or plastic? Can someone check for me? Thanks

3 weeks later
#10 7 years ago

I'm in the same situation that you are. I purchased an SWEP1 two years ago at an auction that had been stripped for parts. All of the toys were gone including the lightsaber assembly. I've been able to find all of the parts for the lightsaber now except the green plastic tube. This week I stumbled across fluorescent tube guards and I'm thinking that they may work. I have the plastic tie downs for the tube and it looks like the tube should be about an inch in outside diamater. That would make the T8 tube guard about the right size (The clear T8 tube guard that I measured in Home Depot was 1 1/4" OD). I wish I had a real tube to measure so that I could be sure. But these look like possible options:

http://1000bulbs.com/product/64313/PLAS-100211.html
http://1000bulbs.com/product/251/PLAS-100210.html

They have blue and red options as well if you prefer. Just to re-iterate, I haven't tried this yet. I don't know if they are the right size or thickness. They are just the closest thing that I have found so far.

3 years later
#12 3 years ago

I would love to see pictures of how it look the new one from the first post

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside