Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0762 (resized).JPG
IMG_0755 (resized).JPG
IMG_6797 (resized).JPG
IMG_6796 (resized).JPG
IMG_0652 (resized).JPG
5EDFDB27-063B-4CD7-81CE-32A7DB390D19 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

WTB: Star Light Playfield $1000

Added: 2017-11-24 18:20:37 UTC • Ended: January 30th, 2018

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

Wanted

Item description

A rare title deserves a full restoration. Took me a few years to find the game and I can tell already that it deserves the full treatment. I also have never restored this era of game yet, so I am excited to do a new restoration era.

I have cash, trades, and a willingness to provide old core post swap as part of the deal.

Please contact me if you have a Star Light pf hanging on the wall that you would like to see in a game and full restoration instead. I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help. Please also put the word out to others as casting a wider net is usually the way to find a part like this for a rare game.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Whysnow's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Whysnow's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Madison, WI, US

#2 6 years ago

Bump for crazy people with crazy parts.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Good luck in your quest! I hope you document the process, I'm looking forward to it.

I would be happy to do a resoration thread on it if i can find the playfield to use.
Fingers crossed that one will pop up somewhere.

#5 6 years ago

Curious, has anyone eve seen a spare pf for this game?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

probably a lot of them were parted out to save better games from the same time period.

That is my hope! With only 100 games ever made, i have to wonder if there are extra pfs floating around.

DO you know the background story on why only 100 were made Neo?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

because the game is boring as all shit and very uneventful and did not do well in the test market?

Lol, well i love it. Great and challenging layout with tight shots, fun roll overs, and agreat 2 ball multiball.

Also, some great art.

I think i read something about space shuttle being a clear wnner so they halted sta light and full steam ahead on shuttle?

#10 6 years ago

Also, Neo have you ever worked on a starlight pf before?

Any issues with clear coating with so many star rollovers so promient in the middle of the pf?

#12 6 years ago

bump

#13 6 years ago

anyone ever seen a spare?

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

You'd be better off stripping yours and sending it out for restoration.
John

Yeah, I was hoping to do the hot swap if possible. I prefer to not have the game down for as long as the pf restore would take to be completed and cure off.

#16 6 years ago

just gonna keep bumping...

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

wow, that's more than the whole game is worth.

Lol.

I will pay extra just to amass a collection of games that make the neo most hated titles.

Ft, xfiles, sf2, and now star light.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

You've got to get the scissor me timbers flipper bats for this game .

Anyone know where I may be able to get a set printed up?

#25 6 years ago

the best alternate flipper design ever!

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I don't know man. If you are asking someone to sell you a NOS Star Light play field for a grand, you will never find one. I think you would have to pay a LOT more than that for one. I mean, I would.

Yeah, just tossing out a number so people know I am seriously looking. I figure someone with a NOS Star Light will be comfortable either PMing to tell me a price, or open the communication for what they are looking for (I have potential trades also).

I also am fine with a used pf in resotable condition.

Price varies on condition, seller, and buyer. I am sure if someone has a pf, then we can work out something to make us both happy.

#32 6 years ago

bump for star light pf or some siccorsmetimbers bats...

#33 6 years ago

bump.

Anyone ever seen a spare star light pf at all?

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Are you really expecting someone to contact you that has a spare one in a day or two? You must not have been doing this very long. It may take you 10 years to find one.
It will be a LOT easier to find and buy another complete machine.

nope, just keeping the iron hot.

I have been doing it long enough to know that sometimes things just pop up and other times they cant be found. I know you never find anything if you dont cast out a wide net and have some decent bait.

I also have had good success in short time before when looking to find rare parts via pinside. I have rare parts/games to trade and understand how it all works in the world of collecting rare titles reasonably well.

Maybe I am reading this wrong, but you seem to be pretty frustrated that I am even looking and I cant quite understand why.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

The definition for "frustrated" is not equivalent to posting impossible $1000 want ads on Pinside.

I guess we can agree to disagree on the impossibility.

The current owner of the playfield and myself will be able to work out the details on the price. As I noted before, $1k is plenty to let someone know I am serious and willing to pay a fair rate based on condition.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

I really enjoyed mine. Fast, great 80's sound card, epic light show & trippy artwork

Awesome examaple! Would love to hear the story of when, how, where you got it and when, where, why you sold it?

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

About 2 years ago I answered a Craigslist post and drove up to Sebago Lake ME ready to buy a Black Hole. As I drove in to the "compound" I realized something was off. There were multiple storage containers filled with hundreds of piano organs and EM pinball machines. I was quickly and sternly told those were all off limits. So we just walked into the house and bam! ...I'm on the set of "Hoarders".
None of his 20 (inside) machines worked. At the same time I realized the BH was a beater I noticed an odd title: Star Light. Offered him $850 for it. He accepted only after much emotion of letting something actually leave the house. We (4) each grabbed a leg and lifted it in the air to get it over his piles of "collectibles". After some simple adjustments and tweaking she came alive and my son and I played the crap out of it for a year. Realizing its rarity, I listed it for 3k and it quickly sold in the mid 2's

Great story and thanks for sharing!

Quoted from Dayhuff:

Honestly the more I keep thinking about it the more it seems like I have seen one but I don't know where or when or what???
John

Please keep thinking

happy to pay a finders fee and appreciate the help!

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Damn. No ball guides. That looks brutal.

It is SUPER fun. Jay, can you share the file for these (I assume they are 3D printed and then just affixed to a shaft?)

I would like to play around with these on a few other games.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

pawl? I think they would be connected to a shaft.

you are correct. Then again you are the shaft expert

#56 6 years ago

Looks like I have a stalker. lol

If anyone wants to flag, it is appreciated.

madison.craigslist.org link

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Funny, but a bit much

yeah, I laughed, but it is a bit much.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from terrapinmark:

I really would like to know if it will work or if the moderators will get involved.

all conversation here is largely on topic and revolved around the initial post. I see no reason for a moderator to get involved as I am not over bumping an ISO post, merely replying to discussion as it comes up.

I do have 2 classic stern spinners from a spare Magic pf I picked up. I would be happy to toss them in as part of a trade if you come across a Star Light pf or as part of your finders fee if you pass the pf owners info along.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

What does your current playfield look like?

pretty nice. Typical but minor wear around some inserts, star rollovers, and scoop/hole on right side.

what are your thoughts?

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

If that's the case, it can be restored. You don't need a NOS playfield...

Yeah, I am just looking to do a hot swap. I dont need NOS, just looking for anything that I could have restored and clearcoated. I could then let it cure off and do a hot swap over a week or 2, rather than a cold swap.

Quoted from TomGWI:

I say take a ton of pics, strip it and send it to Neo to touch up and clear.

it way come to that. Preference is the hot swap.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I agree. I definitely would prefer the hot swap.

we are still talking pinball restoration, correct???

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Hilton ,you should just have the one from the game restored

you just want to force me to do the cold swap so i learn more... I know how you think

since Neo hates this game, do you want to do the pf restore if I strip it?

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

The last few made had sys9 boardsets.
Last check at the online serial # database, only 10 were registered.

My guess is there are somewhere between 20-40 in existence.

That means up to 60 playfields I could find

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

That's about what I'd assume is left too.

really loving this game! Hopefully I can give it the full restoration treatment someday!

Some games are not great with clearcoat. I think this one will be amazing with it!

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

He better get some good practice on yours because I plan on sending him "mine" if I ever get it

you NEED to go rescue that one!!!!

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's true. I restore games I dislike all the time. I've restored at least 20 Shit tales and 25 AFM's over the years.

Yeah, I am bringing this to you. I was just giving Trilogy a hard time

#88 6 years ago

bump

#89 6 years ago

still looking...

had a lead but the well ran dry.

#90 6 years ago

bump

1 week later
#93 6 years ago

bump

#96 6 years ago

Bump. Maybe santa has one?

#98 6 years ago

happy holidays bump

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-star-light-playfield?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.