(Topic ID: 80761)

WTB: ST LE EDIT: Found ST LE! EDIT: Landed!

By NJGecko

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2014-02-23 16.34.26.jpg
2014-02-23 17.07.57.jpg
2014-02-23 16.09.17.jpg
2014-02-23 15.59.23.jpg
2014-02-23 15.48.25.jpg
2014-02-23 15.59.38.jpg
2014-02-23 16.04.25.jpg
2014-02-23 16.04.13.jpg
2014-02-23 09.46.24.jpg
2014-02-23 09.31.44.jpg
2014-02-23 09.25.38.jpg
2014-02-23 09.31.35.jpg
2014-02-23 09.07.36.jpg
2014-02-23 09.36.12.jpg
forgreg.jpg
ACDC versions.jpg
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Yep...figures that I'm finally ready to pull the trigger and I missed the boat on a few in the area.

So I'm looking for a ST LE. Does not need to be HUO, does not need to be NIB.

The one requirement is that it does NOT need to have a crazy price. I know what these guys can be found for, and I'm willing to wait a bit to get one.

Open to potential trades as well to get one.

#2 10 years ago

There is a HUO in Chicago for sale-Bump

ST Wall.jpgST Wall.jpg
#3 10 years ago

You should be able to find one over $6k

#4 10 years ago

What is a non crazy price and are you willing to pay for shipping with NAVL?

#5 10 years ago

What can these be found for?

I can't believe that there are many LEs which are not HUO or NIB.

#6 10 years ago

Why not just order up a NIB? I think Zdoor has at least 1 left

#7 10 years ago

There are still a lot of them available in Toronto, Canada at Starburst. Just thought I would mention it. Your dollar is better then ours so you would save on the exchange as well!
I was in there last week and they said they still had quite a few!
Shaun

#8 10 years ago

So does the normal distributor price, which is what? In the $7600-7800 range, count as crazy?

#9 10 years ago

The price here is $7900 Canadian plus tax. You don't have to pay the tax and you can discount the price by 10% due to the difference in our dollar.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

So why not get a Premium? Assuming not looking as an investment

#11 10 years ago

Yep, I may go that route. Although I really like the added lightshow and mirrored glass....

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from mrxsiv:

The price here is $7900 Canadian plus tax. You don't have to pay the tax and you can discount the price by 10% due to the difference in our dollar.

Sweet! $7900 CAD is $7200 USD right now. That is a good deal for those living near the border and willing to drive.

Not a good deal if you have to pay shipping and clearance costs.

#13 10 years ago

Black Rose just picked one up and will flip out in a few weeks. (NC)

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Black Rose just picked one up and will flip out in a few weeks. (NC)

Yep, been on the phone with him already

#15 10 years ago

Will see what pans out. Anyone have a contact at Starburst?

Really wish I could findone of those deals that would plant a ST LE at my door for $7500. I'd do that in a minute!

I can find them for closer to $8k at my door, and that's just a few hundred too high for me. I'd love an LE, but not feeling the love on current price. I'm a few weeks too late to find the $7500 ones it seems.

#17 10 years ago

Nope...all sold out!

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I can find them for closer to $8k at my door, and that's just a few hundred too high for me. I'd love an LE, but not feeling the love on current price. I'm a few weeks too late to find the $7500 ones it seems.

Having a D'OH moment

doh.jpgdoh.jpg

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Really wish I could find one of those deals that would plant a ST LE at my door for $7500. I'd do that in a minute!

My advice is to just be patient and wait for more of them to start hitting the secondary market. The supply of NIB ones at this point is clearly limited, so there isn't much of an incentive for any of the distributors to give great deals on them. I think it's unlikely that STLE will be the next Tron LE or BIBLE. Six months from now, you will most likely be able to pick up modded HUO ones for well under $7K.

#20 10 years ago

Me and NJGecko have been talk-n but No Deal is Lock'd N .. The Banker's LE Sure is a Beauty !!

Star Trek LE 008.JPGStar Trek LE 008.JPG
Star Trek LE 010.JPGStar Trek LE 010.JPG

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My advice is to just be patient and wait for more of them to start hitting the secondary market. The supply of NIB ones at this point is clearly limited, so there isn't much of an incentive for any of the distributors to give great deals on them. I think it's unlikely that STLE will be the next TRON LE or BIBLE. Six months from now, you will most likely be able to pick up modded HUO ones for well under $7K.

You may be right, but I have been surprised that literally no HUO STLE have come up for sale and the machine has been out for months IMHO a good sign that owners are liking their machines.

#22 10 years ago

I believe your right those that bought the LE know its just a step up from the Prem and they are not making more.
I for one am giving it a year to pan out....then making the call on selling or not.

#23 10 years ago

I don't expect the LEs to command some huge premium later, but I don't expect them to show on the market cheap anytime soon either. Everyone I know with one really likes it, there's bound to be some churn, but not enough to make the prices drop.

#24 10 years ago

Liking that cointaker kit. Think ill get me one of those. Loving st. It's a keeper.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Me and NJGecko have been talk-n but No Deal is Lock'd N

BR...do it! I need to play!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

You may be right, but I have been surprised that literally no HUO STLE have come up for sale and the machine has been out for months IMHO a good sign that owners are liking their machines.

Besides Coasterguy selling his (does that even count?), I have only seen 1 other HUO posted for sale on CL so far.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't expect the LEs to command some huge premium later, but I don't expect them to show on the market cheap anytime soon either. Everyone I know with one really likes it, there's bound to be some churn, but not enough to make the prices drop.

If You own the game You believe it will command more for an LE at a later date.

If You don't own an LE You will find it hard to believe it may be the next game to go up in value when NIB are not available. Have never seen so few HUO's for sale after a Stern release.

800 seems like a lot of games...But there are a LOT of Trekkies out there not on Pinside. And the game is that good and no real big code update yet.

At this point it would be the last game to leave my collection.

#28 10 years ago

I just think the era of LEs exploding into ridiculous prices is over. And Star Trek having so many makes that even more true, they're not super rare or anything.

That's not a judgement on the game, which I think is great, just the market. I could be wrong! One thing is does have going for it is that it's the first LE with some truly unique stuff, not just a mirrored backglass, but the side light up stuff.

#29 10 years ago

And crashing ship is awesome!

#30 10 years ago

BR, someone said that the only other STLE NIB offered in USA is priced for $8,500. GLWS , bet you get many
offers!

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

BR, someone said that the only other STLE NIB offered in USA is priced for $8,500. GLWS , bet you get many
offers!

Pump and dump.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

offers!

There is one in NJ for 7,900.

#33 10 years ago

Prices on LE's will accept 8k once they are out of production? Only then will Stern's price point either seem like a ripoff or a bargain when they were nib.

Does seem like they are selling quickly unlike other LE's like RS and AVATAR...not Tron-esque yet though.

But took Tron LE's a while to get popular too.

#34 10 years ago

CHECK WITH Automated
if you pay via Wire or Cashiers Check you can get one for $7995 Shipped
Mike and Tiffany have awesome Service

Quoted from NJGecko:

Yep...figures that I'm finally ready to pull the trigger and I missed the boat on a few in the area.
The one requirement is that it does NOT need to have a crazy price. I know what these guys can be found for, and I'm willing to wait a bit to get one.
Open to potential trades as well to get one.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from FullBlown:

CHECK WITH Automated
if you pay via Wire or Cashiers Check you can get one for $7995 Shipped
Mike and Tiffany have awesome Service

I'll beat that Price by a Few Hundred !!

Me & NJG are Trying to work out a deal , he's offering his BSD & Creech & Cash , but i just don't know yet .. I wish'd he owned a JY ..

#36 10 years ago

Fingers crossed folks...

#37 10 years ago

Good luck Gecko!

#38 10 years ago

Automated has at least 50 stashed away to try and extract stupid money out of people when the well dries up. 799 here, the well has a long way to go!

Patience makes sense. Wait for the new latest and greatest to come out and then get it cheaper. They are all coming down in price 2014 is gonna be a great buyer's market.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Six months from now, you will most likely be able to pick up modded HUO ones for well under $7K.

No doubt Gweem.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Automated has at least 50 stashed away to try and extract stupid money out of people when the well dries up. 799 here, the well has a long way to go!

I've kind of wondered that myself. IMO Stern raised the price and produced more because the type of thing automated was doing (amongst others). Automated was certainly the one doing it in the greatest numbers. The question is, did stern create more and jack up the price enough to push automated out of this method? I hope so.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

The question is, did stern create more and jack up the price enough to push automated out of this method? I hope so.

Stern is in bed with Automated, along with Jack, they blow out sales and inventory a lot of product. I think that game is over. Stern made more Le's because they thought they could sell more to satisfy distributors like Automated. They soak up what they think is going to be a hot seller, stash it away until the inventory dries up and they spike the price.

Funny how there always seems to be "a few more available". I'm sure Automated also supplies other distributors when they run out.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Me & NJG are Trying to work out a deal

Work it out!

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern is in bed with Automated, along with Jack, they blow out sales and inventory a lot of product. I think that game is over. Stern made more Le's because they thought they could sell more to satisfy distributors like Automated. They soak up what they think is going to be a hot seller, stash it away until the inventory dries up and they spike the price.
Funny how there always seems to be "a few more available". I'm sure Automated also supplies other distributors when they run out.

I agree Stern is in bed with Automated. But I believe they allowed them to buy up tons of LEs and withhold them from market because they are their largest distributor and Stern wanted the sales. So, in order to not alienate Automated (and have the sales) they let Automated buy games even though Stern knew they were going to sit on them. I think Stern decided it was much simpler and more profitable to jack up the prices and create more LEs. Take the extra money money automated was getting and keep it for themselves.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I wish'd he owned a JY ..

I have a really nice JY I'd trade plus cash towards an STLE, but we would both need to do coast to coast shipping which sucks.

#46 10 years ago

Edit: Wrong thread. This is about looking for an STLE.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern made more Le's because they thought they could sell more to satisfy distributors like Automated. They soak up what they think is going to be a hot seller, stash it away until the inventory dries up and they spike the price.

Or, they made more LEs because they didn't make enough with Metallica, got burned, and everyone hated them. It doesn't have to be a conspiracy.

Since they're close to sold out and people still want them I'd say they made the right call.

#48 10 years ago

Has anyone actually confirmed that Stern has built all 799 LE's? Does Stern actually build them in order by game number or is the game number random? I know on some past LE's Stern only built half of them up front and then made another run later once the demand was pent up. It wouldn't surprise me if they only built 400-500 of them and are saving the rest for later? For some reason it just seems hard for me to believe that there are almost twice as many Star Trek LE's out there as there are MetLE's? Just a thought....

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think it's unlikely that STLE will be the next TRON LE or BIBLE

Which is odd because I think STLE is a better game than ACDC. I get why Tron LE is/was so popular given the differences between it and the pro, but the BIBLE was just a translite difference, no?

#50 10 years ago

Geckster! There is another STLE fer sale around here...

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-st-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.