You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ss_1.JPG
8526227953_dbe707d96a.jpg
spsh.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Hello, does anyone have an extra or unused Space Shuttle toy they'd sell? One on ePay is $49.99 + $10.00 shipping. MAD has one for $46.00 + ship, just seems a little pricey for a thin plastic shell. Considering making one like Ed Cheung did, others have suggested buying a model or something like that buy I'd rather have something more like the actual part considering the internal switch, etc... If not, I may just have to shell out the $60. This hobby ain't cheap after all

#2 11 years ago

I picked one of these up the other day at local hobby shop - might work.

ebay.com link: ws

spsh.jpgspsh.jpg

#3 11 years ago

BAA has them minus the internal switch. $49 seems to be the going price. Good luck finding a used one in good condition that isn't all yellowed up with flaking decals.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-SPC03-7924DCL

#4 11 years ago

I'm so tempted to make a mold from my new one, vacuum form a few spares for myself just in case. I know the guy that made the new ones is from Ohio, I couldn't sell them knowing he probably worked hard to recreate them.

#5 11 years ago

I have a "spare" that I won't be using....there's a catch though....

It's not an official reproduction, so the shape isn't 100% accurate. It's signed by Steve Ritchie, along the spine of the ship, and it's not going to have switch, mounting brackets, rivets etc. just like the official one. It's got holes for the wire gate, and it's already decal'ed. Can post a pic if you're really THAT interested in saving a few bucks, but it's not going to be like 10$ or anything. Thinking probably more like 30+shipping.

Keep in mind when you buy it from Pinball Inc, you're getting a thicker, more durable toy than the original, and you're also paying for the decals. Look up some prices on random pinball decals and you'll see just how much of the price that is.

#6 11 years ago

BAA has them minus the internal switch. $49 seems to be the going price. Good luck finding a used one in good condition that isn't all yellowed up with flaking decals.
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-SPC03-7924DCL

This looks like the best option and definitely looks to be more substantial than the others. The more I work on this thing, the better I want it to look. I did manage to find a good used one from a fellow Pinsider that looks pretty good. Just may have to buy a new one at some point.

I appreciate the responses!

8526227953_dbe707d96a.jpg8526227953_dbe707d96a.jpg

#7 11 years ago

It's worth mentioning that the ship that BAA sells is the one from Pinball Inc (BAA is an official distributor) so either way you are getting something durable that you shouldn't have to worry about ever again.

I have no problem recommending anything that James sells He makes the plastics the way they should have been made in the first place.

viperrwk

#8 11 years ago

Erozens the toy in that pic doesn't look bad at all. A little cleaning and maybe a decal set otherwise it looks great. Is this your first Space Shuttle machine and have you played it yet? If not you're in for a fun ride!

#9 11 years ago

Yes, this is my first Space Shuttle. When I first got it, it wasn't working at all. I took the boards to the local repair guy and he got it working but I'm still having sound issues. From what he says everything worked great on his test fixture but I'm still having problems with it. I get a constant loud hum but I can hear the sounds in the background. I have ensured all screws are in place anchoring the boards to the backbox and confirmed everything is hooked to the grounding braid. In the meantime I've started removing everything from the playfield for a good cleaning. I initially bought the game to fix and sell but I think I will keep it in my collection. I'm slowly accumulating parts for it and trying to fix the annoying sound issue. It has really grown on me and I can't wait to have it all cleaned up and get to play it!

ss_1.JPGss_1.JPG

#10 11 years ago

Man your playfield is in better shape than mine. Give Space Shuttle a chance. I enjoyed mine when I first got it. Kinda stoppped playing it. Now I love it! The more I play this game the more I love it.

#11 11 years ago

If you have already made sure all boards are secured tight in the backbox you may want to change out the caps in the power supply as you may be getting some AC interference that is causing the hum, the big cap in the bottom of the backbox may need changing as well. Nice PF she's gonna be a beauty indeed!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-space-shuttle-toy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.