Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by fattrain
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mvfvette1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hello all. I'm looking for a HUO or very nice Sopranos. Cash in hand and ready to go right now. I'm located in Albany, NY and would prefer something within a 500 mile driving range, but would consider shipping for the right game. Please PM me to let me know what you have and what you're asking. Thanks. Mike

#9 10 years ago

Thanks for the responses everyone. Misfitdart, I will contact you tomorrow to see if I can get some addtl detail regarding your game.

I can say that the death of JG has nothing to do with me looking for this game, as I had already began my search before it happened. I haven't bought a game in many years and have recently decided to finally try a Stern. Theme plays an important part in my game selection and Sopranos is one of the few Sterns that I really have an interest in.

#26 10 years ago

Thanks for the leads and comments everyone. I picked up a HUO game last night, so my search is over.

#30 10 years ago

The game was manufactured in April 2005. The original owner never had removed the backglass, so I know it has the original roms. Any revisions to the sound roms? Where is the best place to get the updated version?

Also, this is my first Stern game. I wanted to get a look under the playfield, so I pulled the playfield forward as you would with a WPC game and lifted it up vertically. When I went to push the playfield back, it didn't seem to want to go on it's own. I lifted the back end of the playfield and then it pushed back. Is there any trick with getting the playfield to push back, or is lifting the rear of it the way to do it? Thanks. Mike

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Yeah,updating the rom is a must....Huge difference

My game has version 3.02. I found the following revision listing. It does not appear that there are any game play upgrades between 3.02 and 5.0? Are there any other changes that you're aware of, between the 2? Thanks for you help. Mike

CPU Release 5.00
Date October 26, 2005
Display Release 5.00
Date October 26, 2005

Changes from last release:
- added Russian coinage & tournament settings

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU Release 4.00
Date October 11, 2005
Display Release 4.00
Date October 11, 2005

- ToPS improvements for South Africa
- Fixed UK1 pricing table settings.

SOUND Release
Date April 19, 2005

sopsnda.u7 checksum $9B5A - ENGLISH

CPU Release 3.02
Date April 7, 2005

sopcpua.302 checksum $A1FF - ENGLISH
sopcpui.302 checksum $ABFF - ITALIAN

- Fixed swearing accounting if adult mode is set to YES.
- Increased how often the game swears.

#38 10 years ago

Thanks Mike for all of the info. I'm going to get in touch with John to order the 5.0 revision. It sounds like I will need a 5.0 display rom as well?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mvfvette1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-sopranos-1?tu=mvfvette1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.