Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by fattrain
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hello all. I'm looking for a HUO or very nice Sopranos. Cash in hand and ready to go right now. I'm located in Albany, NY and would prefer something within a 500 mile driving range, but would consider shipping for the right game. Please PM me to let me know what you have and what you're asking. Thanks. Mike

#2 10 years ago

The Game Room Store in Fairfield, NJ has a Sopranos new out of box for $6000.

#3 10 years ago

There is a beauty here for sale for 3900.00 in Calgary,AB.
Calgary Kijiji

#4 10 years ago

Hey thx for the bump Dan

Quoted from pingod:There is a beauty here for sale for 3900.00 in Calgary,AB.
Calgary Kijiji

Hey thx for the bump Dan,price is obo and I will work with the shipping if need be.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

The Game Room Store in Fairfield, NJ has a Sopranos new out of box for $6000.

That is HUO not new out of box - unless it is another Sopranos. BTW 6k ouch.

#6 10 years ago

Here goes another Sopranos feeding frenzy...... How many threads does that make in the last few days ?

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Here goes another Sopranos feeding frenzy...... How many threads does that make in the last few days ?

Death of the star leading to a run on the machine?

#8 10 years ago

I would be interested in one as I loved the show, but I have never played one to know if I would like it , good luck in your search .

#9 10 years ago

Thanks for the responses everyone. Misfitdart, I will contact you tomorrow to see if I can get some addtl detail regarding your game.

I can say that the death of JG has nothing to do with me looking for this game, as I had already began my search before it happened. I haven't bought a game in many years and have recently decided to finally try a Stern. Theme plays an important part in my game selection and Sopranos is one of the few Sterns that I really have an interest in.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

Thanks for the responses everyone. Misfitdart, I will contact you tomorrow to see if I can get some addtl detail regarding your game.
I can say that the death of JG has nothing to do with me looking for this game, as I had already began my search before it happened. I haven't bought a game in many years and have recently decided to finally try a Stern. Theme plays an important part in my game selection and Sopranos is one of the few Sterns that I really have an interest in.

I think you will be more than happy with this title. Its def an underrated pin in my opinion. I think it stands on its own against games like POTC and IM. Both movies I loved but couldnt get into the pins.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Its def an underrated pin in my opinion.

+100, Understanding the rulesheet and completing the tasks makes this game a true hit!!
R.I.P. James Gandolfini,I'm glad i purchased the new style translite for the game.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

new style translite for the game.

??????

Pictures please

Chris

#13 10 years ago

I think Kevin at Classic might be getting a TSOP in soon. Not HUO, but nice play field from what I know. I'll let him know that someone is looking for one and if he can, he will send you pics. I have a couple, new play field, plastic set and extra parts for the game. I'm not selling at this point. I love the game and now even more because I love Tony's call outs, and will be happy to hear him yell "extra ball!" , telling me "isn't that special", "it was only a horse!", and "he was like a brother to me". Sleeper game, big time!
Al

#14 10 years ago

Although I think Big Pussy says the last one.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

??????
Pictures please
Chris

There are 2 different ones and look awesome,John is a great seller and check out his other translites

ebay.com link: The Sopranos Pinball Alternate Translite 2 VERSIONS

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

Sleeper game, big time!

Totally agree, love playing Sopranos

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

I think Kevin at Classic might be getting a TSOP in soon

I thought one of yours was at Kevin's in storage. I had asked him about buying it a few months ago but I recall that he said it was yours and that he was holding it there for you.

I've been looking for one of these for a while now too.

#18 10 years ago

One near Detroit just came up for $4,500

detroit.craigslist.org link

#19 10 years ago

Bump.

I like it a lot

#20 10 years ago

Sopranos owners unite !

#21 10 years ago

How much you looking to spend? I have a HUO one. Perfect except for a little flipper button wear. I'll be driving through PA on Monday. Show me the money!

Edit: I'm not really looking to sell this pin since I just got it and I like it a lot, but as they say for the right price everything is for sale except my kids. Oh and for Sopranos the right price is below $4500. That guy is smoking crack!

#22 10 years ago

I own 2, one is at Kev's and I thought Kevin was getting one. I'll let him know you are looking
Al

#23 10 years ago

I think Kevin sold it already.sorry

#24 10 years ago

Played the one from the game room in nj at the freehold mall (the moved out a few months ago) at first they wanted 6999 then it was down to 6000, it had a sold sign on it ,but it was in the store and people played it for over a good year and a half. Crazy price and was played a lot

#25 10 years ago

I guess when someone dies the pinball plays better? Just asking....

#26 10 years ago

Thanks for the leads and comments everyone. I picked up a HUO game last night, so my search is over.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

Thanks for the leads and comments everyone. I picked up a HUO game last night, so my search is over.

Awesome!! "Welcome to this thing of ours"

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

Congrats!
Check to see if the rom is the newest, most haven't had the chip upgrade.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Congrats!

Yeah,updating the rom is a must....Huge difference

#30 10 years ago

The game was manufactured in April 2005. The original owner never had removed the backglass, so I know it has the original roms. Any revisions to the sound roms? Where is the best place to get the updated version?

Also, this is my first Stern game. I wanted to get a look under the playfield, so I pulled the playfield forward as you would with a WPC game and lifted it up vertically. When I went to push the playfield back, it didn't seem to want to go on it's own. I lifted the back end of the playfield and then it pushed back. Is there any trick with getting the playfield to push back, or is lifting the rear of it the way to do it? Thanks. Mike

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

The game was manufactured in April 2005. The original owner never had removed the backglass, so I know it has the original roms. Any revisions to the sound roms? Where is the best place to get the updated version?
Also, this is my first Stern game. I wanted to get a look under the playfield, so I pulled the playfield forward as you would with a WPC game and lifted it up vertically. When I went to push the playfield back, it didn't seem to want to go on it's own. I lifted the back end of the playfield and then it pushed back. Is there any trick with getting the playfield to push back, or is lifting the rear of it the way to do it? Thanks. Mike

CHANGE OUT THOSE BATTERIES NOW!!!

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

Is there any trick with getting the playfield to push back

No trick just push it back with a little force.

The roms can be bought from Pinsider John Wart Jr. send him a PM and he will get you the latest 5.0 roms

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Congrats!

+1

I recently updated mine. Made a big difference. Now I can get F'in Big Points!

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

Do you mind posting the price you paid, so we have an idea what a potential cost may be?

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from pdman:

Do you mind posting the price you paid, so we have an idea what a potential cost may be?

Yeah. Wonder why it was not mentioned?

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Yeah,updating the rom is a must....Huge difference

My game has version 3.02. I found the following revision listing. It does not appear that there are any game play upgrades between 3.02 and 5.0? Are there any other changes that you're aware of, between the 2? Thanks for you help. Mike

CPU Release 5.00
Date October 26, 2005
Display Release 5.00
Date October 26, 2005

Changes from last release:
- added Russian coinage & tournament settings

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU Release 4.00
Date October 11, 2005
Display Release 4.00
Date October 11, 2005

- ToPS improvements for South Africa
- Fixed UK1 pricing table settings.

SOUND Release
Date April 19, 2005

sopsnda.u7 checksum $9B5A - ENGLISH

CPU Release 3.02
Date April 7, 2005

sopcpua.302 checksum $A1FF - ENGLISH
sopcpui.302 checksum $ABFF - ITALIAN

- Fixed swearing accounting if adult mode is set to YES.
- Increased how often the game swears.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

My game has version 3.02. I found the following revision listing. It does not appear that there are any game play upgrades between 3.02 and 5.0? Are there any other changes that you're aware of, between the 2? Thanks for you help. Mike
CPU Release 5.00
Date October 26, 2005
Display Release 5.00
Date October 26, 2005
- added Russian coinage & tournament settings
CPU Release 4.00
Date October 11, 2005
Display Release 4.00
Date October 11, 2005
- ToPS improvements for South Africa
- Fixed UK1 pricing table settings.
SOUND Release
Date April 19, 2005
sopsnda.u7 checksum $9B5A - ENGLISH
CPU Release 3.02
Date April 7, 2005
sopcpua.302 checksum $A1FF - ENGLISH
sopcpui.302 checksum $ABFF - ITALIAN
- Fixed swearing accounting if adult mode is set to YES.
- Increased how often the game swears.

There's more to it but it's not listed

#38 10 years ago

Thanks Mike for all of the info. I'm going to get in touch with John to order the 5.0 revision. It sounds like I will need a 5.0 display rom as well?

#39 10 years ago

My wife really wants this pin. Did they go up in price because of JG's death? Can't imagine it would make a HUGE difference.

#40 10 years ago

Not 100% on the changes but I believe the rules for Boss is different in the updated code.
And one of the best callouts is added.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Not 100% on the changes but I believe the rules for Boss is different in the updated code.
And the one of the best callouts is added.

Which call out is that?

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

My wife really wants this pin. Did they go up in price because of JG's death? Can't imagine it would make a HUGE difference.

Should be able to get one between 3100-3400

#43 10 years ago

Thanks Chad.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

5.0 display rom as well?

Yes, they both come as a set.

1 week later
#45 10 years ago

For anyone still looking for a Sopranos
losangeles.craigslist.org link

#46 10 years ago

I like how he has a reasonable price, and is negotiable! Will have one if these once the wife starts bringing in the big bucks.

#47 10 years ago

Enjoy the game. Sopranos is alot of fun!

8 months later
#48 9 years ago

Hey guys where do I check to see current rom my game is running? And who do I talk to for the upgrade?
Thanks

#49 9 years ago

Upon boot up it should tell you the software revision.

I recommend "that pinball place" ran by John Wart Jr for rom upgrades. Just google and he'll pop right up.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-sopranos-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.