(Topic ID: 113826)

WTB: Slightly yellowed KISS Bumper Caps

By bakedspam

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I'm currently restoring a KISS and am looking for some new bumper caps, but not NEW, new. As in, the ones currently available are bright white, and my play field is slightly yellowed. Since I plan on restoring it to the yellowed patina, I'm looking for similarly aged pop bumper caps since my Gene is warped and has a burn hole in the eye.

Also looking for NOS targets as the reproductions on those two are far too white for my yellowed playfield.

#2 9 years ago

If you cant find an old set. Buy the new white ones and soak them in a pan with some coffee. instant coffee works best.

Unless someone has an old set to sell.

#3 9 years ago

PM sent

#4 9 years ago

Hmmm. Gonna try the instant coffee on an extra Playboy cap this week. Thanks for the tip.

1 month later
#5 9 years ago

I have some old ones, I can send a photo is you pm me with your e-mail

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-slightly-yellowed-kiss-bumper-caps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.