6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ZEN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

#1 6 years ago

I'm looking for an ice cold beer Backglass. Please let me know if you know if you have a line on one.

Thanks

Waldo

image.jpg

#2 6 years ago

For those that PM'ed me with wanting to find one as well. Phoenix Arcade should be doing a repro this summer. I'll post again if I get more info.

4 months later
    #3 5 years ago

Can anyone out there tell me how to remove the backglass on one of these? I removed the 3 screws on the top trim piece but it (the trim piece) doesn't seem to budge even without the screws...what am I missing?

#4 5 years ago

To answer your question jitneystand1...

To remove a backglass in an Ice Cold Beer you first unlatch the hold downs by reaching in through the coin door and pull the control panel out of the way once the latches are disengaged. If the game is turned off (probably should be), there is a wiring disconnect that can be unplugged to completely remove the control panel out of the way. The glass can the lifted up slightly from the bottom and pulled forward. If it is acting like it is binding up, be careful. Tempered glass likes to explode into a billion little pieces if hit on the corner or subjected to too much stress. It sits on a small wooden bracket at the bottom and slips into the slot on the top panel.

To reinstall, carefully slide the top edge into the slot and push up as the bottom edge is nearly on the support blocks. Then reattach the control panel and latch it down by reaching in through the coin door...

I have an Ice Cold Beer in a really bad shape cabinet that will eventually be rebuilt and I will likely buy one of the reproduction backglasses when they become available. Right now my game is in such unstable shape that it is wrapped by ratchet straps and shoved against a wall sideways to keep it from falling apart... It suffered major water damage and is falling apart... The back door and the front glass are about the only things holding it square and upright...

-- Shawn

#5 5 years ago

Thanks Dallas, I really appreciate the instructions. Took about 30 seconds once I knew those clips were tucked up in there. The left pulley is scratching up the glass and even getting hung up at the bottom so I really needed access to see if there was an adjustment of some sort I can make.

Hopefully the glass is available at some point. If its reasonably priced I'll be in the market for one.

#6 5 years ago

I have an extra one right here in Nebraska that is pretty nice... pm me as I almost just sold it to a flipper

edit: Sorry Jitney, thought you were the op.. to the OP I have a pretty good one, I actually got three, one that is fairly trashed I offered up for free to help in repro, one nice one on my machine, and a nice one that needs a little touch up on the bottom but would be very nice example.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside