Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by northvibe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have a JPLW with some battery damage. Cleaned it up and it looks like it has left quite a bit of damage. I plan on sending the set off to lockwhenlit. He said it can be fixed but may be cheaper to just find a replacement set. So im seeing if anyone's got a working set of boards just laying around. Before I send off what I have.

#2 9 years ago

Good luck on your search! Those boards can be hard to come by. Just had all my lwjp boards shipped out for repair. I had found a rottendog cpu/sound board for about $250-260. Never had a lead on a used one, but I see one on ebay for $175 now.

The repair may be half that price, so worth the wait.

#3 9 years ago

Yeah, Im thinking sending them off is the way to go. Where did you send your boards?

#4 9 years ago

I have Clive @ Coin Op Cauldron fix all my stuff. Just got back my lwjp sound/cpu and power/driver board.

Had my fish tales boards done there, friend had his t2 board done. And I'm shipping all 4 boards from Checkpoint out to him now. Decent prices and he has been great to me

http://webpages.charter.net/coinopcauldron/brepairs.html

I will say though, his wait times can be long. My FT was a few months, one of my lwjp boards was 8 weeks...so his busyness varies when you send. I didn't mind waiting. His work is gorgeous. Let's just say having both my boards for lwjp fixed was cheaper than buying 1 used or new cpu board....He also does all the testing and will most likely find all sorts of components out of spec and replace.

1 week later
#5 9 years ago

Any updates? Just curious if you found one or got yours repaired?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-sega-whitestar-board-set-jplw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.