You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1881.jpg
Backbox comparison.png
ss comparison.png
#1 10 years ago

Lookin for a Quick sale and where you get the right price?
Pm me!
Always wanted one. Been looking for a month now. Gimme a break!

#2 10 years ago

They come up fairly frequently here. A month is not a long time to hunt. Stay patient, we had three up for sale at same time not long ago. Dig through the for sale section.

#3 10 years ago

Oh, and quick sale and right price never go hand in hand with machine deals. You can always pick one or the other though.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

They come up fairly frequently here. A month is not a long time to hunt. Stay patient, we had three up for sale at same time not long ago. Dig through the for sale section.

Exactly. There are plenty of games out there. Impatience can be your worst enemy in a pinball search.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Exactly. There are plenty of games out there. Impatience can be your worst enemy in a pinball search.

Agreed.....patience is truly a virtue and when the right game comes up at the right price you need to "strike like a rattlesnake"......well that is what I do..... You don't have time to be indecisive or it will be gone if it is priced well.....

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

You guys are probably right. I need to show some patience. Thanks for the advice. Im a rookie.

#7 10 years ago

We all have to start somewhere

Welcome to the insanity!

Chris

#8 10 years ago

I way over paid for my first pin because I was inpatient. It was a lesson learned, but a lesson that stings a bit when I see the same pin come up locally in the same or better condition for far less then I paid. Such is life. You are in a pinball rich area of the country, be patient and you will find the right machine at the right price.

#9 10 years ago

CadillacMusic indicated they might take a SS to the Ohio show.

#10 10 years ago

Mine's available for $7.2k

#11 10 years ago

I wouldn't be able to part with mine, especially not after putting in LED's and light strips! When you get one you'll fall in love with it! Its a great game! If I hear anything I'll pass it on!

Good luck!

ss comparison.pngss comparison.png Backbox comparison.pngBackbox comparison.png IMG_1881.jpgIMG_1881.jpg
#12 10 years ago

Nice lighting change, I like it a lot.

#13 10 years ago

On the backglass, did you put in the flickering candle LED and the slow color changer behind the TV?

#14 10 years ago

Might want to also search the Pinside map to see owners of the game near you (like me). Always worthwhile to send a few PMs to guys close to see if they'd consider parting with theirs.

#15 10 years ago

Have you tried searching Mr. Pinball ? 7 of them show up. Not sure if any are still available though. Good luck. One of my favorites

http://user.xmission.com/~daina/classified/search_for_sale.html

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Might want to also search the Pinside map to see owners of the game near you (like me). Always worthwhile to send a few PMs to guys close to see if they'd consider parting with theirs.

Worked for me once. Worth a try.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

On the backglass, did you put in the flickering candle LED and the slow color changer behind the TV?

What flickering candle LED? I'd use one of those, I put a color changer behind the candle flame instead.

#18 10 years ago

There's a flickering LED. I put it behind the candle. Looks great. The slow color changer is fantastic behind the TV. Makes it come alive!

#19 10 years ago

Man I've always wanted flickering pinball LEDs, like those fake tea lights. I'll have to look for those.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

There's a flickering LED. I put it behind the candle. Looks great. The slow color changer is fantastic behind the TV. Makes it come alive!

Where did you get them? I can only locate bayonet base ones.

#21 10 years ago

At the time, my pinball tech guy had them. I think he said that LED place in PA. Cointakers? I got an extra slow color changer from them,,,

#22 10 years ago

Having any luck, OP?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from PhantomGirl_:

I wouldn't be able to part with mine after putting in LED's and light strips!

Quoted from KoolFingers:

Nice lighting change, I like it a lot.

Just goes to show you that different people have greatly different tastes.
The original lighting depicted on the left looks way better to me than after adding LEDs.

#24 10 years ago

What's the "right price"? I don't think I'd want to part with mine but I guess that could possibly change depending on if the offer (cash or game + cash) would overpower my regret of getting rid of mine.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Just goes to show you that different people have greatly different tastes.
The original lighting depicted on the left looks way better to me than after adding LEDs.

Mine is LED'd, but looks more like the one on the left, just a little more bright and less yellow, I'm not a fan of color bombed games myself. To each their own though.

Quoted from MXV:

What's the "right price"? I don't think I'd want to part with mine but I guess that could possibly change depending on if the offer (cash or game + cash) would overpower my regret of getting rid of mine.

IMHO a nice Scared Stiff is worth $5500, plus whatever people are willing to pay for mods. To me the ones that bring back the prototype features, like the slingshot boogiemen and skull pile lights are good value adds. Definitely worth more with a ColorDMD, because you'd be crazy to not buy one if it didn't have it!

#26 10 years ago

I want $7.2k for mine.

#27 10 years ago

I searched for a Stiff for about a month, just picked one up locally last night.

It's hard to be patient, I'm sure many pinsiders suffer in that respect as well (I'm not very patient either).

good luck!

Michael

#28 10 years ago

Yeah, not a big fan of coloring up the backglass too much from the original,but do dig lighting up the playfield more as a lot of oder Pins are just not Illuminated well. I've seen many decent SS for sale in the neighborhood of 6k. Gotta be patient.

#29 10 years ago

I got the lights from Pinballbulbs.com. They have great packages. I want to make one for my CFTBL. Now that they are next to each other I feel it would be a fun little thing to do!

As for littlecammi, thats ok....I don't take it personally. I thought I'd never be a LED person but I tried them and I like them for my collection. I've kept some original lighting for games but I always enjoy trying new things! The good news is they are just lights and can always be changed according to style

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from PhantomGirl_:

The good news is they are just lights

So true. My Shadow was fully LED'd when I bought it. I didn't care for how it was done and ripped them all out and started over. A little money and work I guess, but hardly a big deal.

#33 10 years ago

I'm getting ready two put one of mine up for sale. If your interested shoot me a message and we can discuss.

#35 10 years ago

You are. Original poster.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Having any luck, OP?

He's checking my SS out tomorrow night. My precious.

#37 10 years ago

Was asking if you were having any luck.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

He's checking my SS out tomorrow night. My precious.

Thank You Boys!

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

You are. Original poster.

Oh!!!!!!! Sorry. Still new at this. Yeah Im going to check out Bad Bill's today and I have 2 others out of state but within driving distance that replied to a few CL ads in which they're sending photos hopfully by today. The reast wer too far to drive and I refuse to do NaVl again. Had a bad experience with an AFM that was damaged.

#40 10 years ago

Unless you work on machines or can do a playfield swap, go with quality. Check for broken stuff. Get Cliffys.
Most of the mods you can add later if the machine is stock. Check the backglass cafefully. Enjoy the game!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-scared-stiff-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.