New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 79523)

WTB: Scared Stiff

By JoinTheCirqus

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

166409.jpg
166411.jpg
166412.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Looking to bring the Mistress of the dark home. Anyone have one for sale? I'm located in the town of the Super Bowl champs baby!

Thanks Michael

#2 6 years ago

someone find this man a SS

#4 6 years ago

I have one and live in Seattle. Mirror blades, additional upper playfield lighting, upgraded sub, ligthning back decal (installing soon) and red powder coat are my only mods. New ramps, bony flippers, and kicker covers, new crate decals, etc. See pics I've posted on the ss club thread. PM me if you have an offer. It'll need to be good as Elvira will be hard to part with.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from rpageler:

I have one and live in Seattle. Mirror blades, additional upper playfield lighting, upgraded sub, ligthning back decal (installing soon) and red powder coat are my only mods. New ramps, bony flippers, and kicker covers, new crate decals, etc. See pics I've posted on the ss club thread. PM me if you have an offer. It'll need to be good as Elvira will be hard to part with.

Looks like I've secured one locally, thanks for the offer! Yours does sound nice (not sure about the red powder coat, probably looks nice installed though)..

Michael

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Looks like I've secured one locally

Let's see it....

#7 6 years ago

Ok. i'll post them again.

166412.jpg 166411.jpg 166409.jpg
#8 6 years ago

Btw, i didn't do the red powder coat - I thought it was the original color when i bought it. Only my 2nd pin so give me some slack
i actually kind of like it especially when considering the red trim painted on the back box. I may go to gloss black legs at some point but too many other mods to get first.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from rpageler:

Btw, i didn't do the red powder coat - I thought it was the original color when i bought it. Only my 2nd pin so give me some slack
i actually kind of like it especially when considering the red trim painted on the back box. I may go to gloss black legs at some point but too many other mods to get first.

I think the red powder coat looks good!

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from rpageler:

Looks good R! Love the lighting in the back of the playfield.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Love the lighting in the back of the playfield.

SS is a game that adding LEDs detracts from the light show. After a game ends, bulbs in the six red domes atop the claws are lit in a circling pattern that makes the bony beast bones appear to move from side to side and makes the bony snake seem to slither. Adding those LEDs must wash out this effect on that game.

#12 6 years ago

Did not know that. Thanks. Sucks I had Chris Hutchins put LEDs in my game. Just got it delivered. Wish I knew this before.

#13 6 years ago

I havent noticed that but i do plan to tie the LED strip in the back to the GI since right now its on the whole time. I dont think it's too bright but ill have to check that effect. The claw flashers and about 1/2 the GI is incadescent.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

After a game ends, bulbs in the six red domes atop the claws are lit in a circling pattern that makes the bony beast bones appear to move from side to side and makes the bony snake seem to slither.

Btw, wouldn't the glow in the dark bones ruin the effect as well? And i thought the original specs called for glow bones.

#15 6 years ago

I dunno about other people's games, but the LEDs in my domes work great, they have more than just a binary on/off feel.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from rpageler:

Wouldn't the glow in the dark bones ruin the effect as well? I thought the original specs called for glow bones.

I don't have a proto but I do have the glow parts. I bought the very first set IPB sold at pinball Expo the year they reproduced them. (I was standing at their booth when they unpacked them - they didn't have a price for them yet. They had to ask Gene what price to use.) The slither effect is still visible. The glow parts only really stand out when you turn off all the lights in the room (which is the reason that WMS deleted them from the game). It would be different if there was an ultraviolet/black light on the playfield to make them glow during gameply. When my gameroom is dark all that stand out are the glow parts on SS and the tube dancer on BBB.

#17 6 years ago

Personally I love the lights. Looks colorful around the edges and creepy in the middle with the warm whites. Very nice. I would buy it if I could.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

... the bony beast bones appear to move from side to side and makes the bony snake seem to slither. Adding those LEDs must wash out this effect on that game.

I did watch the slither effect and it is fine on my SS (The added blue light is dim enough that it doesn't wash it out). The slither is pretty cool so thanks for pointing it out.

#19 6 years ago

Get the under cab lighting. It's great on SS!

#20 6 years ago

I don't get the "slither" thing. It sounds cool, but I just don't see it
I think the dimming and pulsating effect looks great, but does it really make the snake appear to slither? I don't think so.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside