image-925.jpg
image-55.jpg
image-696.jpg
image-143.jpg
image-892.jpg
image-653.jpg
image-951.jpg
image-805.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lllvjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago

I bought his last one a year or two ago. He's not making anymore

7 months later
#7 9 years ago

How about if I did a chrome plates version?

#13 9 years ago

Ok I'll talk to my metal shop. Ill see if I can get these done in black or chrome.

#15 9 years ago

Ok I need to know would anyone want chrome or just black.

#18 9 years ago

Ya I think I'll just have them powdercoated black, but ill keep some raw metal in case people want something diff. I can have gio do a red to match the ramp, or I can chrome some. Another option is a custom decal set for it. Emails already in to my metal shop.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Tastysirloin:

I would take a red powdercoated do you ship to Brisbane Australia.If you couldn't do red i would take black thanks.
Cheers Kurtis.

Once we get going ill get u a quote on a red powder coat and u can decide if its worth it. For now black will be the standard color with options to customize available.
Shipping world wide wont be a issue, I do it now with our headphone kits

#25 9 years ago

In thinking the same flat black I powder coat my pinpac 1 door plates with. A non gloss black looks like this. What you guys think of this black?image-868.jpgimage-868.jpg

#26 9 years ago

This is the original plastic look but I intend to do metal

image-130.jpgimage-130.jpg

#27 9 years ago

They would be powder coated

#30 9 years ago

Just a little update. Building of these in metal is a go. Will have more updates shortly.

#32 9 years ago

No problem. Ill keep updating and then start a new thread when ready. Will most likely do powdercoated wrinkle black and then ill have 10 or so raw metal for custom finish orders

#37 9 years ago

I'm going to be close to johns cost. Should be about $30 for a metal version. Ill have actual cost by next week.

#40 9 years ago

Running list so far. Veterans Day slowing down my price quote. Should know before the weeks out. Won't take long few weeks depends on the powdercoater. Ill get this done no worries
maf-mi
Jfh
Toucanf16
Wiggy07
Tastysirlon
Eharan
Siverballz
Pinballer22
Tiltmaster
Eddie
Mikeo
Hemiorange09

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Thx again Illvjr.

Ok guys the Order is placed. There's very little clearance from the box and the factory wood hole notched out inside the bottom of the head frame. The current plastic box actually hits if ur not careful pulling the play field in and out. Ill have powdercoated black ready and a few raw metal for those who want to something other then black. Ill have these ready after thanksgiving or the first week of December according to my metal shop. Project is a go. Pricing will be no more then $35 shipped in the USA.
Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Lorenzo,
My two in the flat black powdercoat works for me.
Do you have a picture of the prototype in the game?
Mike O.

Not yet. Will before they go to paint.

#51 9 years ago

maf-mi
Jfh
Toucanf16
Wiggy07
Tastysirlon
Eharan
Siverballz
Pinballer22
Tiltmaster
Eddie
Mikeo
Hemiorange09
33149dude
Scottself
J_m_
Azox

4 weeks later
#52 9 years ago

Update: metal covers are out for powder coating. I got 10 that will stay raw for those who want to chrome or custom color their cover. We made some adjustments to the design to avoid the wiring and the ends the coil. Ill update with a new thread when they come back from powder coating.
Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

image-768.jpgimage-768.jpgimage-805.jpgimage-805.jpgimage-951.jpgimage-951.jpgimage-968.jpgimage-968.jpg

image-653.jpgimage-653.jpg
#59 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

First time I lpooked at this thread in a couple weeks. When will payment be due? Thanks for working up this project!

Lets do something outside the norm in pinball lately... Ill ask for payment when there ready to ship in the next week or two!

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Mank:

Add me on the list for 2 please.
Mank

Added

Mank
maf-mi
Jfh
Toucanf16
Wiggy07
Tastysirlon
Eharan
Siverballz
Pinballer22
Tiltmaster
Eddie
Mikeo
Hemiorange09
33149dude
Scottself
J_m_
Azox

1 week later
#62 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Lorenzo. Nice work. And maybe in time for Christmas.

Ding ding ding!!!

Picking the powder coated boxes up this afternoon.... Looks like I can start shipping Monday!!! Will post pictures after work!

#65 9 years ago

I have a bunch email sent

#67 9 years ago

Powder coating completed... I forgot I have to come up with some type of adhesive protection tape for the inside. I want to make sure that the contacts on the coil never short out on the cover. So ill come up with something this weekend and should still be able to start shipping Monday.
Thanks,
Lorenzo

image-696.jpgimage-696.jpgimage-696.jpgimage-696.jpgimage-55.jpgimage-55.jpgimage-143.jpgimage-143.jpg

image-925.jpgimage-925.jpg
#69 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Nice. Now we just have to come up with some black hardware to match.

The existing screws are so far back when the play field is tucked in u can't even see them. But a black sharpe would be a simple solution

#70 9 years ago

image-541.jpgimage-541.jpgimage-952.jpgimage-952.jpgimage-153.jpgimage-153.jpgimage-21.jpgimage-21.jpgimage-33.jpgimage-33.jpgimage-897.jpgimage-897.jpgimage-291.jpgimage-291.jpg

#71 9 years ago

Ok that's the new metal cover in the game. The powder coat really came out nice. The screw holes are a little tighter then I wanted after powder coat, but the screws go through one u start them. I installed some black tape on the right inside half to give the metal extra protection from the coil ends.
Those on the list have emails sent and will ship most likely Monday. Ill start generating invoices tonight and tomorrow afternoon. If u don't see one by tomorrow night email me if I missed you. For those interested that were not on the list pm me with your Paypal email address and ill send you a invoice. The covers are $35 shipped in the USA. Will also ship world wide.
(Note these are not on my website, a new one is still under construction)
Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Late to the party as usual. PM sent... hope I get one.

Never too late... Invoices sent

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

I'm late in on these covers, but would like one if still available?

I got plenty.. Pm me your Paypal email address.

#78 9 years ago

Large post office order going out tomorrow... Can't wait to see what the lines look like lol.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Thank you for fitting it in.
If you prep them all at home on USPS.com with labels it won't matter - you just drop them in the bin. If you are going to wait in line you will be that guy....
Good luck.

My Buisness partner does the shipping.. Lol his problem he's great though stuff goes out next day on any type of purchase.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Payment sent Lorenzo, thx again, covers look great. Have a great holiday

Bump

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Lorenzo, received the covers. They look great in person. I will have some installation pics on my blog soon.
http://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/
http://www.PinballSupernova.com

Sweet.. Ya screw holes are a little tighter then I wanted but once u start them the screws push right through the powder coat

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

Just installed mine. The piece is really nice the powdercoating is top notch it looks great but…..
I had my coil turned with the lugs away from the stop but in order to install this cover I had to revert it to the stock configuration with the coil lug end against the stop.
Maybe if future runs are made a notch could be cut for the wires with the coil lugs forward for anal guys like me!
All in all a great piece and purchasing was straight forward and a breeze
lllvjr nice job!!!!!!!

why did u change the original configuration of the coil placement? pics would help me understand....the box was designed for original coil placement i didnt know anyone actually changed it?

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Cover looks great, Install was real easy.
I added the install, pics, info about the coil cover on my blog and website:
Blog:
http://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2014/12/29/installed-safe-cracker-coil-cover-mod-designed-by-pinnovators-com/
http://www.pinballsupernova.com/my%20mods%20pg%202.html

Thanks,
Great site!

1 week later
2 weeks later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lllvjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-safecracker-coil-cover?tu=lllvjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.