Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Toucanf16
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3465457_orig.jpg
image-541.jpg
image-153.jpg
image-952.jpg
image-21.jpg
image-897.jpg
image-33.jpg
image-291.jpg
image-925.jpg
image-55.jpg
image-696.jpg
image-143.jpg
image-892.jpg
image-653.jpg
image-951.jpg
image-805.jpg

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

looking for the safecracker coil cover mod. anyone have a spare one they would sale?
thanks
chris

#2 5 years ago

Try safecracker coil cover mod - earthlink

#3 5 years ago

I bought his last one a year or two ago. He's not making anymore

4 months later
#4 5 years ago

Bump for this old thread...anyone found another source? Any mod makers interested in trying to make some?

#5 5 years ago

I would love one as well if someone starts making them again

2 months later
#6 5 years ago
Quoted from pingeo:

Try safecracker coil cover mod - earthlink

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~pinball_stuff/coilcov.htm
He said he's not making any as of right now. I would take two of these...Couldn't these easily be done by a 3D printer? If so how easy is it to get the specs?

#7 5 years ago

How about if I did a chrome plates version?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I'd be in!!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~pinball_stuff/coilcov.htm
He said he's not making any as of right now. I would take two of these...Couldn't these easily be done by a 3D printer? If so how easy is it to get the specs?

That would be me. Unfortunately I had a fire at my house and lost the original bending fixture. I sold well over 100 of them and some people bought more than one. You may be able to shake one free.

At some point I do hope to have some more blanks cut and make a batch of them. It would not be tough to make them with a vacuum form and I would have no hard feelings if someone else started making them - as long as they are nicer than mine were!

#10 5 years ago

John, sorry to hear about the fire in your home. John if you or anyone else starts making this again please let me know. Thanks

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I'd take one for sure.

#12 5 years ago

John, sorry to hear about the fire, that's terrible. I hope everything is back to normal for you and your family.

#13 5 years ago

Ok I'll talk to my metal shop. Ill see if I can get these done in black or chrome.

#14 5 years ago

I'm in for one. Hopefully someone will make a batch.

#15 5 years ago

Ok I need to know would anyone want chrome or just black.

#16 5 years ago

I'd be in for either, but would prefer black.

#17 5 years ago

Same with me I would take either. But prefer black also. Thank Illvjr

#18 5 years ago

Ya I think I'll just have them powdercoated black, but ill keep some raw metal in case people want something diff. I can have gio do a red to match the ramp, or I can chrome some. Another option is a custom decal set for it. Emails already in to my metal shop.

#19 5 years ago

I would take a red powdercoated do you ship to Brisbane Australia.If you couldn't do red i would take black thanks.
Cheers Kurtis.

#20 5 years ago

Count me in for one as well, preferably Black.
Thanks
Ed

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Tastysirloin:

I would take a red powdercoated do you ship to Brisbane Australia.If you couldn't do red i would take black thanks.
Cheers Kurtis.

Once we get going ill get u a quote on a red powder coat and u can decide if its worth it. For now black will be the standard color with options to customize available.
Shipping world wide wont be a issue, I do it now with our headphone kits

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Once we get going ill get u a quote on a red powder coat and u can decide if its worth it. For now black will be the standard color with options to customize available.
Shipping world wide wont be a issue, I do it now with our headphone kits

i'm in with any color. i'm surprised the black is so much more popular than the chrome. I think the chrome would look great, but i might be wrong.

Quoted from lllvjr:

Another option is a custom decal set for it.

that could be really cool too.

#24 5 years ago

I would take one....black

#25 5 years ago

In thinking the same flat black I powder coat my pinpac 1 door plates with. A non gloss black looks like this. What you guys think of this black?image-868.jpg

#26 5 years ago

This is the original plastic look but I intend to do metal

image-130.jpg

#27 5 years ago

They would be powder coated

#28 5 years ago

Any color that looks reasonable on the game is fine by me.

#29 5 years ago

Black looks good, it blends in with the backsplash.

#30 5 years ago

Just a little update. Building of these in metal is a go. Will have more updates shortly.

#31 5 years ago

Awesome. I'm in for the black. PM me or post something when they are ready. Thx Illvjr

#32 5 years ago

No problem. Ill keep updating and then start a new thread when ready. Will most likely do powdercoated wrinkle black and then ill have 10 or so raw metal for custom finish orders

#33 5 years ago

Sign me up for a black coil cover!

#34 5 years ago

Ditto

#36 5 years ago

Any idea on cost yet? The beauty of John's original was the affordability.

It's coincidence that this SC part crossed my mind today in reviewing the 3D printer evolution of a cover for the on/off switch from Gottlieb EM games that just went on in the EM forum. It dawned on me that doing the SC coil cover in 3D printing would be a perfect application.

Someone was looking for the Gottlieb on/off switch cover, a simple plastic part similar in complexity to the SC coil cover. The thread started yesterday morning. Today the 3D model has already been created and the part is available immediately for purchase for $22 shipped, and in most any color you want.

Here is the link.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-on-off-switch-cover-b-15163

Granted, the party that created the 3D model had an example of the part from one of his games to prepare the model from. For this application he would need either one of the previous coil covers or a scale drawing of one.

Anyone have an example of John's original that could be used for the 3D model?

#37 5 years ago

I'm going to be close to johns cost. Should be about $30 for a metal version. Ill have actual cost by next week.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I'm going to be close to johns cost. Should be about $30 for a metal version. Ill have actual cost by next week.

At that cost put me down for two. I have a friend who wants one also.

Thanks for doing this.

#39 5 years ago

Count me in for one and powder coated black is fine with me....

Steve

#40 5 years ago

Running list so far. Veterans Day slowing down my price quote. Should know before the weeks out. Won't take long few weeks depends on the powdercoater. Ill get this done no worries
maf-mi
Jfh
Toucanf16
Wiggy07
Tastysirlon
Eharan
Siverballz
Pinballer22
Tiltmaster
Eddie
Mikeo
Hemiorange09

#41 5 years ago

Count me in for one if the price is around $30.

Scott

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Running list so far. Veterans Day slowing down my price quote. Should know before the weeks out. Won't take long few weeks depends on the powdercoater. Ill get this done no worries
maf-mi
Jfh
Toucanf16
Wiggy07
Tastysirlon
Eharan
Siverballz
Pinballer22
Tiltmaster
Eddie
Mikeo
Hemiorange09

Thx again Illvjr.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Any idea on cost yet? The beauty of John's original was the affordability.
It's coincidence that this SC part crossed my mind today in reviewing the 3D printer evolution of a cover for the on/off switch from Gottlieb EM games that just went on in the EM forum. It dawned on me that doing the SC coil cover in 3D printing would be a perfect application.

I have a Safe Cracker and a 3D printer and have been toying around with the coil cover idea for a while. Instead of doing a plain box cover though, I'm trying to see if I can make the armored truck work there.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Thx again Illvjr.

Ok guys the Order is placed. There's very little clearance from the box and the factory wood hole notched out inside the bottom of the head frame. The current plastic box actually hits if ur not careful pulling the play field in and out. Ill have powdercoated black ready and a few raw metal for those who want to something other then black. Ill have these ready after thanksgiving or the first week of December according to my metal shop. Project is a go. Pricing will be no more then $35 shipped in the USA.
Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

#46 5 years ago

Sweet, thanks lllvjr

#47 5 years ago

adding my name to the list. thanks for doing this!

#48 5 years ago

Lorenzo,

My two in the flat black powdercoat works for me.

Do you have a picture of the prototype in the game?

Mike O.

#49 5 years ago

Please add me to the list, thx!

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Lorenzo,
My two in the flat black powdercoat works for me.
Do you have a picture of the prototype in the game?
Mike O.

Not yet. Will before they go to paint.

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside