View topic image gallery

R&B WayBac Decal.jpg
R&B WayBac.jpg
image-14.jpg
image-354.jpg
image-154.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Have a R&B with the usual destroyed WABAC ramp, does any one have one or a lead on one

thanks
troy

#2 9 years ago

Can you take a picture of the ramp?

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Have a R&B with the usual destroyed WABAC ramp, does any one have one or a lead on one troy

Troy,

Is it the one pictured in this thread?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-me-id-these-ramps-and-other-parts

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech.net)
[email protected]

#4 9 years ago

Yes, that is the WABAC ramp. Some years back reproductions were made, but those have long since sold out. Once every 6 months some used ramps show up on ebay as well. Generally though, these ramps are hard to find.

#5 9 years ago

Troy I think I have one too, I have to check
Call me later if you still need it.
Mike

#6 9 years ago

Actually this is incorrect, Repros were never made. James at Pinball Inc was selling them but they were NOS not Repros. Spoke with Larry at Starship-Fantasy about these just a couple of days ago because I was under the same impression about the repros, but Larry had called James & got the whole story....bottom line: At some point R&B Repro Ramps WILL be made......

Quoted from FirebrandX:

Some years back reproductions were made, but those have long since sold out.

#7 9 years ago

Well that is interesting. I was told they were repros, and that's why the decal wasn't on them. Maybe it was the other ramp, but I swear I contacted the ramp makers and they said they wouldn't ever do R&B again because there wasn't enough interest.

3 weeks later
#8 9 years ago

I am also looking for a wabac ramp. Mine is cracked at the bottom if anyone else is selling I am very interested.

#9 9 years ago

i have a NOS WABAC ramp and a NOS rocky squirrel ramp if any one is interested .

#10 9 years ago

PM Sent

#11 9 years ago

PM answered

#12 9 years ago

I have been meaning to 3D print a wedge to fill the space on the left side of the ramp. I figure this should get the ramp playing close to correct. Anyone tried this and want to send me a model?

I know this will not restore the machine from a collectors standpoint, but I care more about how things play.

Just to get the intrest count up, I will go on record that I would buy one if repros where easily available.

#13 9 years ago
image.jpgimage.jpg image-154.jpgimage-154.jpg image-354.jpgimage-354.jpg image-14.jpgimage-14.jpg
#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Actually this is incorrect, Repros were never made. James at Pinball Inc was selling them but they were NOS not Repros. Spoke with Larry at Starship-Fantasy about these just a couple of days ago because I was under the same impression about the repros, but Larry had called James & got the whole story....bottom line: At some point R&B Repro Ramps WILL be made......

"BayAreaAmusements Rocky & Bullwinkle WABAC Ramp Loaded - Exact Reproduction
Item# GS-RB1 $104.00 USD 1 $104.00 USD"

100% Incorrect. I bought my first pin two years and it was a R&B with a broken WayBac ramp. I purchased a replacement from Bay Area. When it arrived, It was really scratched up and the flap was buckling. I contacted BA and was told they were sold out and that I could return it, though they had no idea when they would be re-stocked. I pressed them for where they got them from and was told to contact Pinball Inc. I immediately called and spoke to James and told him my problem and asked if there was a way to swap these out. He assured me that I was probably holding one of the last ramps that were for sale out there. He went on to tell me about the story of how he posted an inquiry as to which ramp he should make and received a bunch for R&B. He preceded to make ,can't remember the amount, but think it was around 100. He brought them up to EXPO and contacted all those enthusiastic fans of R&B. Well...he wound up selling ONE at EXPO and it happened to be to the guy who contacted him several times using different email addresses to ensure his chances that they received his request!!! He said it took them forever to unload them back in the day. It was a great story but I still had no resolution to my problem. He tried to explain how to flame polish them but felt it to be too risky considering the scarcity of the ramp. So he told me to send it down to him. Two weeks later he sent it back all clear, put the decal on it (plus gave me an extra), the switch mount and the flap for nothing!!! I pleaded to him to take something for what he did and got a humble response, "No money needed, it was my pleasure and Welcome to the hobby". I still sent him something, how could you not! This just reaffirmed at the time, that I chose the right hobby.

I got scared after hearing how rare these were so I went out and bought another from Marco after I hung up with him. You can never be too safe! What's funny here, is that I was just at Freddy's house last night playing pinball and holding his set of ramps in my hands telling him the ramp story.

R&B WayBac.jpgR&B WayBac.jpg
R&B WayBac Decal.jpgR&B WayBac Decal.jpg

#15 9 years ago

shitty move sending a pm to someone that was answering my thread, should have started your own wtb thread. But at 350.00 freddy can keep his ramp

#16 9 years ago

by the way, Joe posted here that he thought he had one, and to top it off, sent it out for free, didnt even have me pay for shipping. Now thats class unlike the two others in the post that apparently need one wothout there own thread

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

shitty move sending a pm to someone that was answering my thread, should have started your own wtb thread. But at 350.00 FREDDY can keep his ramp

I agree that it was uncalled for, but so is your disclosure of the price quoted. If he wanted everybody to know what he wanted, he would have started his own PFS thread!

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

FREDDY can keep his ramp

i think i will thanks for the advice. 10 thousand by christmas.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

"BayAreaAmusements Rocky & Bullwinkle WABAC Ramp Loaded - Exact Reproduction
Item# GS-RB1 $104.00 USD 1 $104.00 USD"
100% Incorrect. I bought my first pin two years and it was a R&B with a broken WayBac ramp. I purchased a replacement from Bay Area. When it arrived, It was really scratched up and the flap was buckling. I contacted BA and was told they were sold out and that I could return it, though they had no idea when they would be re-stocked. I pressed them for where they got them from and was told to contact Pinball Inc. I immediately called and spoke to James and told him my problem and asked if there was a way to swap these out. He assured me that I was probably holding one of the last ramps that were for sale out there. He went on to tell me about the story of how he posted an inquiry as to which ramp he should make and received a bunch for R&B. He preceded to make ,can't remember the amount, but think it was around 100. He brought them up to EXPO and contacted all those enthusiastic fans of R&B. Well...he wound up selling ONE at EXPO and it happened to be to the guy who contacted him several times using different email addresses to ensure his chances that they received his request!!! He said it took them forever to unload them back in the day.

Now THAT is the story I remember being told when I contacted him. The other poster claiming I was wrong had me thinking I must have dreamed the whole thing.

Anyway, I got lucky in that I found actual pristine NOS complete set of ramps in Norway of all places, so my machine is completely restored there. Even so, there's always a part of me that gets excited when another NOS set shows up.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-rocky-and-bullwinke-wabac-ramp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.