(Topic ID: 87672)

WTB - RBION up to $3500 for HUO(ish) Pristine(ish) - (or less for below that)

By DarkWizard

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by DarkWizard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

yodabump.jpg
image.jpg
impossible_mission_1-229.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Looking for a nice example of this machine, preferred HUO or just basically in really good shape. If there are any issues, we can subtract for that. I'll also be looking at the Allentown show.

Thank you

#2 10 years ago

Do you have anything to trade? I have a documented HUO RBION with about 300 plays. Looks like it just came out of the box. Not really interested in selling it but would consider trading it..I'll be heading to Allentown for Friday and Saturday

#4 10 years ago

Yea I have a mint one like what you are looking for listed it at $3500 didn't sell. I have since decided id rather keep it You should be able to find one, great game and worth it.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

This HUO has been on CL for months now at $3500: greenville.craigslist.org link

Hmm flipper button wear? Mine doesn't have that must have been played a lot!

#6 10 years ago

SC is a bit of a drive, but I emailed anyway to check in. We'll see what happens

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Do you have anything to trade? I have a documented HUO RBION with about 300 plays. Looks like it just came out of the box. Not really interested in selling it but would consider trading it..I'll be heading to Allentown for Friday and Saturday

I only have one machine, LOTR and am really planning on keeping it long term. Unless your into vintage computer games I have a massive collection... in fact selling some of it off funded my HUO LOTR for $5800

#8 10 years ago

Good luck with the search.

I wasn't really interested in moving the RBION but it might be pried away with a trade

\

Quoted from DarkWizard:I only have one machine, LOTR and am really planning on keeping it long term. Unless your into vintage computer games I have a massive collection... in fact selling some of it off funded my HUO LOTR for $5800

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Unless your into vintage computer games I have a massive collection...

Is there a market for that?

What are we talking about here...Commodore 64 stuff? A pile of Amiga, or CoCo disks? Stacks of TI-99 4a cartridges?

Pete

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Is there a market for that?
What are we talking about here...Commodore 64 stuff? A pile of Amiga, or CoCo disks? Stacks of TI-99 4a cartridges?
Pete

Commodore 64 stuff -> Yes, Apple II, Amiga, Atari 800, Atari ST, etc... Hardware, Software in original boxes with all the paperwork etc... I have 1 or 2 TI Cartridges. That wasn't really my machine growing up so I didn't procure much for it. Mostly Role Playing Game stuff.

Being pinball enthusiasts, it should be easy to understand the power of nostalgia. If you grew up playing these games, this computer game stuff has nostalgia in spades.

Anyway Back to that RBION

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Being pinball enthusiasts, it should be easy to understand the power of nostalgia. If you grew up playing these games, this stuff has nostalgia in spades.

Oh gosh, not denying that at all. I've got unbelievably fond memories of my C64, Amiga, and all that other stuff. I still have all my old systems, too. Just wasn't sure how sought-after that stuff was.

(Not that I'm selling. Or buying).

Nothing cooler than Impossible Mission for the C64. I still play it via emulator when I've got 30 minutes to kill.

Pete

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Oh gosh, not denying that at all. I've got unbelievably fond memories of my C64, Amiga, and all that other stuff. I still have all my old systems, too. Just wasn't sure how sought-after that stuff was.
(Not that I'm selling. Or buying).
Nothing cooler than Impossible Mission for the C64. I still play it via emulator when I've got 30 minutes to kill.
Pete

'Another visitor, Stay a while.... Stay FOREVER!'

impossible_mission_1-229.jpgimpossible_mission_1-229.jpg

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

This HUO has been on CL for months now at $3500: greenville.craigslist.org link

I emailed this guy. No response.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

I emailed this guy. No response.

Ouch... 10 hour drive. Any others out there?

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Hmm flipper button wear? Mine doesn't have that must have been played a lot!

Don't see many without button wear.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Looking for a nice example of this machine, preferred HUO or just basically in really good shape. If there are any issues, we can subtract for that. I'll also be looking at the Allentown show.
Thank you

Crap, sold mine a month too soon.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't see many without button wear.

Wow really? Mine must be nicer than I thought

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Wow really? Mine must be nicer than I thought

Could be. You got any wear around your hole *cough* Def don;t see many without scoop damage either.

#20 10 years ago

No wear here!image.jpgimage.jpg

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Could be. You got any wear around your hole *cough* Def don;t see many without scoop damage either.

Previous owner put a cliffy on it, had very minor before that.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Crap, sold mine a month too soon.

Or I started looking a month too late

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from altan:

No wear here!

image.jpg 135 KB

Nice

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Previous owner put a cliffy on it, had very minor before that.

Yeah luckily the Cliffy works perfectly. I had a little damage around mine but undetectable now. I've seen some heavy routed ones that were too big to fix. Real AFM punishment.

#25 10 years ago

PMed you SC guy's cell #, might be a more direct method of contact for him. Good luck!

#26 10 years ago

Picked up my HUO RBION about 7 months ago. No flipper button wear, mirror blades, LEDs, lighted flipper buttons, such a great game.

No plans to sell, but best of luck! They are out there.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Picked up my HUO RBION about 7 months ago. No flipper button wear, mirror blades, LEDs, lighted flipper buttons, such a great game.
No plans to sell, but best of luck! They are out there.

Mind me asking what you paid? Really I am looking for one of these and posibly one other machine around the Allentown show time, if I don't get something by then I'll probably just hop in line for an MMr. There aren't many machines me and the wife can agree on, RBION and MM are 2 of them.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Mind me asking what you paid? Really I am looking for one of these and posibly one other machine around the Allentown show time, if I don't get something by then I'll probably just hop in line for an MMr. There aren't many machines me and the wife can agree on, RBION and MM are 2 of them.

Pm sent

#30 10 years ago

If you give me another month or so, I may have two. (I'll be keeping one).

Won't be HUO, so it is in your best interest to keep looking for something better, and closer.

Pete

#31 9 years ago

jimjim66 was selling a damn near brand new one a few weeks ago. Can't remember if he sold it or not.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

jimjim66 was selling a damn near brand new one a few weeks ago. Can't remember if he sold it or not.

He took it off the market .

yodabump.jpgyodabump.jpg

#34 9 years ago

I just got one yesterday. There was flipper button wear (which I guess is very common) but the previous owner installed these: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747

It looks great. I don't care that there is wear under the rail. If I had a perfect one I'd probably get the same rails.

#35 9 years ago

RBION is notorious for flipper button wear, super common. The blue ink turns white there if you look at it. I'm with you, just lollipop and call it a day. Will look good, keep any further wear from happening, and only the most purist "must be from the factory stock" collector will even care even slightly.

#36 9 years ago

Yeah that's ok with me too. I thought $3250 was a fair offer price for one that had touched up flipper button wear (painted) Seller wont budge from $3500. Assuming its even still for sale, or he's not too annoyed with me to sell it to me for not coming up to $3500. I'm willing to be flexible.

1 month later
#38 9 years ago

There has ben 3 on here in the last two weeks .I got one .there one on e- bay for $$3250

#39 9 years ago

That one there on ebay has some playfield wear down to wood (from what it looks like) coming out of the kick-out hole. Sad too since that was a 2 hour drive. Easily doable.

#40 9 years ago

I think RBION should be at $4500 game.

Based on its goodness.

#41 9 years ago

Is that the one in n.y.??? I told the the guy to send me some
Pic and he never did. That's why. Good eye bro!!!!

#42 9 years ago

Looks dirty and a bit beat up, definitely not immaculate as he states, but I've seen much worse than that one priced at 2800. If his gets 3200, mine is worth 4. He has no pics of cabinets side, back box or under pf, and why is it so difficult to take pics with glass off so you don't get reflections, probably to hide the defects.

#43 9 years ago

Mine arrives tomorrow I will try to post some pics

3 weeks later
#44 9 years ago

I know someone who may be willing to part with a HUO RBION in the range you are looking for. If still interested PM me.

#45 9 years ago

Manbearpig on here has a nice one

#46 9 years ago

Sadly (Or happily depending on your perspective) I just bought a 1958 Hearse/Ambulance, so my extra money has gone bye-bye.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-rbion-up-to-3500-for-huo-pristine-or-less-for-below-that and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.