You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-2.jpeg
th.jpeg
#1 11 years ago

Hey Gang,
After a visit to the Pinball Hall of Fame over Christmas break, the wife and I both got hooked on Williams' Popeye Saves The Earth pinball machine. So now I'm looking to buy one as our first machine.

Ideally, I'm looking for a plug and play table, since in our current residence I don't have much room to do a restoration. With that said, I'm looking to spend anywhere between 14-1800, or possibly a bit more for a HUO or one in amazing condition. So if any of you guys have one in your collection that hasn't seen much play recently, send it out to a good home. I've loved Popeye since I was a kid, even despite my hatred of spinach from a can, and I'd love to have this around the house to encourage the little one's love of Popeye too.

Additionally, I'd also be interested in an Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle & Friends, around the same price range.. Thanks in advance.

#2 11 years ago

One just sold in SE PA for $2k. Seller had offers for $2150 and was getting multiple buyers requesting to ship to the west coast. Was a nice machine.

#3 11 years ago

One just sold in ne pa on craigslist for 1000. it was on there for months, no fade, very nice shape. i bough one years ago for 800.00 and could not give it away.

#4 11 years ago

I have a very nice Popeye available in Malvern PA in your price range.

Probably too far away, I know.

RussMyers

#5 11 years ago

There was a guy up here in Portland a bit ago selling one

#6 11 years ago

Have no fear, if your karma is good , a nice one should show up close to home before you know it!
I'll keep my eyes peeled. The o-din.

#7 11 years ago

Awesome o-din,Thanks.
Surely somebody out there has one that they're willing to part with? Either Popeye or Rocky and Bullwinkle are my two top choices for our first pin...

#8 11 years ago
#9 11 years ago
Quoted from CA_Pin_fan:

Awesome o-din,Thanks.
Surely somebody out there has one that they're willing to part with? Either Popeye or rocky and bullwinkle are my two top choices for our first pin...

Haven't seen one recently, but every day or so I get informed about new games that show up in our area. So if one of yours shows up, I'll let you know. Otherwise occasionally bump your post. A week ago I posted for a Gladiators machine, and now maybe the nicest remaining example is in my livingroom. Also post a WTB on craigslist and you might get one that is not up for sale yet. Thats where I got Gladiators. Good luck!

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from dug:

One of the Corona Brothers has one for sale on ebay
Ebay link

I made him a reasonable offer when it first went up, but I think He's waiting to see how Ebay pans out.

Thanks o-din, I'll keep my eyes peeled too. And, ideally, I'd love to buy straight from a collector, from here or elsewhere.

#11 11 years ago

Still looking guys...

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from CA_Pin_fan:

Still looking guys...

Me too.

#14 11 years ago

Thanks O-din. Saw that one too, but for the price/condition, the Corona brother's Popeye seems like a deal.

#15 11 years ago

I'm still willing to make you a good deal if you can come up a little from your offer Kelly. The pin is very nice and clean.

#16 11 years ago

Thanks for the help guys. Popeye is MINE!!!

I'll be picking it up this Saturday, assuming my friend helping me move it into my apartment doesn't bail, but I'm soo super excited.

#17 11 years ago

I'm still willing to make you a good deal if you can come up a little from your offer Kelly. The pin is very nice and clean.

Thanks for the help guys. Popeye is MINE!!!

I'll be picking it up this Saturday, assuming my friend helping me move it into my apartment doesn't bail, but I'm soo super excited.

I love it when a plan comes together

th.jpegth.jpeg

#18 11 years ago

actually scratch that... It's just not in the cards right now for me to own Popeye... a long story.

#19 11 years ago

oh well.

th-2.jpegth-2.jpeg

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from CA_Pin_fan:

actually scratch that... It's just not in the cards right now for me to own Popeye... a long story.

So fair to say post should be changed to popeye for sale in Los Angeles area

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-popeye-saves-the-earth-in-or-near-los-angeles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.