Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3850 (resized).JPG
IMG_3844 (resized).JPG
IMG_3843 (resized).JPG
IMG_3840 (resized).JPG
IMG_3839 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tk-the-jammer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#2 7 years ago

Are you familiar with the open source operating system Linux? Program that you are seeking (pinbox or nucore) can be used to restore the game. This is available as download through Ubuntu. As a zip file, it is approximately 647 megabytes. It can be downloaded and run as an emulated replacement for the prism card. Booted from a hard drive. Software replacement for hardware. If it is in fact your prism card that is the problem. If it is the motherboard then you can most likely find a replacement online. Viva PK2000!

It would be great if Nucore was remanufactured without copyright infringement. This is an awesome upgrade to PK2000. It runs the program's more smoothly. I believe it even increases the quality of graphics. It even enables it to be a jukebox!

#4 7 years ago

It would be so much easier if Nucore was around. I know for fact if your prism card was bad the Playfield would still light up you just would not see any picture on the screen. If it is the motherboard then you're not seeing anything happen to the Playfield or screen....no boot.
You've probably heard this before but you could get that motherboard fixed at a fraction of the cost of a new one. The boards are outdated Baby AT motherboard. I think they sell for around $250 if you can find one. Your old motherboard could probably be repaired for right around $100.

If I was in your situation I would remove a motherboard from an old unused desktop computer that I have laying around. Throw Linux on a hard drive. Hook up the necessary peripherals/ drivers. Use Ubuntu to download pinbox rar. file. Unzip pinbox install and play some pinball.

#8 7 years ago

I read this article last night apparently there's a way to load it from a Windows OX computer. Specifically Windows XP.

http://brianpeek.com/post/Pinball-2000-Software-Update-with-Windows-7-x64

There's a wealth of information at:
planetary pinball.com regarding upgrading and running PK2000.

The last time I saw an oem Nucore for sale was two years ago for $700 on pinside. The pinbox software emulates this Hardware. If planetary pinball has licensing to release Medieval Madness. It would be great to get licensing to rerelease another version of Nucore! I would love to have this in place of the original programming.

I keep pinbox as a backup just in case my system fails on Star Wars Episode 1 or my Revenge from Mars. One thing that helps to keep the motherboards running is upgrading the cooling fan for the cpu/computer.

There is also a lot of information here on Pinside regarding Ubuntu/Linux/ and pk2000.

You must Channel your inner geek!

Good luck I hope this helps you some.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Well well! look what happened! I wonder if this is something??

Now you're getting there!

Little bit of persistence is starting to pay off can't wait to see what your machine looks like up and running. I love my PK2000. Game looks amazing with the LCD upgrade as well.

Wouldn't a disk image of made everything so much easier? Although, this software is bootleg. The original manufacture(williams) didn't leave us with any options.

#31 7 years ago

All in a days work. Very Nice. Did you grab those parts out of a desktop computer?

I'm referring to the motherboard with cpu and fan, the power supply and the hard drive.

#33 7 years ago

Once you get it totally complete. I suggest hooking up an external bass sub to the lower cabinet speaker. The explosions and the action on this game Rock it hard!! I use the same bass that lot of other pinsiders use....... the psw10. Usually right around $100, to me the best upgrade for this game along with LED's.

#35 7 years ago

Yeah, never thought about hooking the sound up this way. Most computer motherboards only have sound output for headphone or speaker jacks. I'm curious to see how this is resolved.

What's really cool is Linux can be booted from a flash drive. I wonder if anybody's ever gotten this to work in that manner. I'm going to install virtualbox on my PC and try pinbox with linux or xp. Your running on Linux? If I convert my PK2000 this way I'll probably use SSD rather than SATA drive.

#37 7 years ago

Yeah USB 2.0 super slow. Transfer speed something like 60 megabytes a second. The most up-to-date solid state drives hooked up through SATA connection transfer speeds are 60 gigabytes!

1000 times faster!

#49 7 years ago

Awesome job! When are you going to build a Revenge from Mars? Perhaps a Playfield swap? Regardless, those two make a good couple!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tk-the-jammer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-pinball-2000-computer-oem-nucore-or-pinbox?tu=tk-the-jammer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.