Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Astill
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I think I've got a wonky ROM in my Paragon. Sounds seem to be off, but I figure this is a cheap way to try to troubleshoot. Can someone burn me a set? Able to pay as needed and either ship, or meet up in Allentown.

#2 10 years ago

I can program the CPU ROMs, PM me if you'd like a set. The sound ROM, well, you don't have many choices for that. Dave Astill may have it, hobbyroms.com in Canada can program them as well. I don't get much call for the sound ROMs, so I've not invested in the equipment to program them.

#3 10 years ago

I suggest verifying that you have the correct sound board. I believe that it is supposed to be a -50, but it is possible that someone before you put in a -32 so the sound would be a little off.

#4 10 years ago

haha. I was coming here to say PM johnwartjr

#5 10 years ago

Get the adapter and have John burn the image to a 2716 for you:

http://www.pinitech.com/products/bally_sound_prom.php

Hasseling with 82s123s isn't worth it.

John, you could work with Wayne to sell this as a bundle.

viperrwk

#6 10 years ago

Interesting...John, I think my game roms are good, just the sounds are wonky.

#7 10 years ago

If there's a market, perhaps I should buy a couple of his adapters, and keep them on hand for customers who ask for sound ROMs.

#8 10 years ago

I have the 82s123 roms programmed and ready to go.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-paragon-roms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.