11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Memblers
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I need to replace some wiring in my PinBot - in particular the wire bundle from the transformer up to the power supply board. Looks like someone had performed some hacks that might be causing some problems I'm troubleshooting.

I suppose my initial question would be whether it would be easier/better to simply build a new wire bundle or try to locate one from a machine being torn-down?

So far I haven't been able to locate a used one. Seems everyone I've contacted so far has sold the wiring before I've been aware they were tearing one down. Anyone have any leads on these sort of parts? How about machines that would be compatible - even with slight modifications?

If I built one I'd certainly use the correct connectors/pins, but would likely not be able to replicate the correct wiring color - just standard wires. Any tips or tricks on building a new bundle?

Any advice would be appreciated

#3 11 years ago

Wow...thanks for the original info and the edits Memblers. Great info.

I did a quick search thru the usual suspects for the pre-built part by name (without finding the part number first). If you happen to come across the P/N or the source, please pass it along. I might have to evaluate time vs cost, but this info goes a long way if I decide to build one. It appears I might be missing a connection as well, so I might hit you up for more info or pics later if you don't mind.

I suspect I'll have to check/replace rectifier and other components (e.g., cap you mentioned) in the path as well

Looks like the eBay link is gone....but I know what to look for from your description (found it under item 281056764858)

#5 11 years ago

Thanks John...I sent a query over to Jim

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-or-advice-on-building-pinbot-wiring?tu=wizzardz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.