• Latest reply 10 years ago by comat0se
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JD_Opto_Board_Assembly.jpg
#1 10 years ago

When I purchased my JD someone had replaced the standard opto switches w/ GLM magnetic switches & there is magnet interference w/ the L/R shooter coils. Trying to piece together the necessary parts to put the original opto switches back on...have found everything except for the left & right mounting brackets (01-11303 & A-15893) as well as the back up blades (06-86). Anyone know of a source where I can purchase these parts...or does anyone have these parts laying around or a complete JD left & right opto flipper assembly they'd be willing to sell me.

Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

This topic has been moved from All Pinball to the Technical Help Sub Forum. It could have also been moved to either the market place or buying/selling advice sub forums.

Good luck OP. I hope you find the parts you are seeking.

#3 10 years ago

Can you give some pics?

#4 10 years ago

See attached straight from the manual...

JD_Opto_Board_Assembly.jpgJD_Opto_Board_Assembly.jpg

#5 10 years ago

So you found original left side board and aluminum interrupter? Wow - I'd like to know where you found those parts. (My machine has the newer board with plastic interrupter on the right, but the original metal interrupter and board on the left.)

The blades are simply copper strips. Technically, you don't need them - they just add additional heft to the button effort. If you like heftier feeling buttons, you can try to fashion the strips yourself out of any piece of thin copper that is sufficiently long - maybe you can just pillage some copper strips from a leaf switch somewhere.

The mounting brackets are not much - they are simply ways of spacing the board a few millimeters from the cabinet. If you can't find the bracket, you could simply screw the PCB to the cabinet with some plastic spacers.

#6 10 years ago

Have you seen this thread?
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-left-flipper-opto-board

It may be that you just need a newer Great Lakes Modular board. Check to see if your board has two small magnets (older) instead of one large magnet (newer). They may be able to help you out.

#7 10 years ago

The right flipper shipped with a plastic interrupter (type 2), and a metal one(type 1) on the left...

I swapped my left one out to the GLM board because one of the optos was failing and there is significant difference in the pressure required between plastic and metal. It's the newer 1 magnet GLM board, but it was a complete pain to get it just right, not be affected by the left kicker, and also avoid sticking itself to the kicker bracket. Scotch tape worked better for me than electrical tape at keeping the magnet from moving, but I had to insulate the bracket with layers of electrical tape so the flipper magnet wouldn't attach itself to it during some more furious flips.

#8 10 years ago

Nosro, I found the the double flip opto boards & both L & R metal interrupter arms on Marco's website...great advice about just mounting it directly to the cabinet & using spacers instead of needing the bracket...I'll give that a try...they have other copper blades that I'll order & make fit...i like the added resistance of the old metal interrupter arms vs the plastic or GLM switches.

Thanks guys!

#9 10 years ago

BTW, you can adjust the pressure of the spring on the GLM boards... there's something like 5 different settings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-opto-board-mounting-brackets-back-up-blades-for-jd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.