Genesdancer.jpg
bbbbrass.jpg
Tube Dancer.jpg
DSCN0627[1].JPG
DSCN0621.JPG
green girl.jpg
tube dancer.jpg
2012-03-02-toosoon.gif
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago

So dougram69 was nice enough to lend me a green tube dancer to try to start to remake her.
He just send me the dancer w/o the wire or hair, so I was wondering if anyone can tell me how the wire makes her wiggle and also how the hair attaches. According to the schematic the wire goes up vertically thru the torso and has a couple of little bends at the end. Her head has a slot in the back where the wire comes out and the bend then sits in it I think. So can someone explain how the bend makes her dance cause it can't be attached so it must like rub against that slot? Also can someone tell me what voltage the dc motor is and what the rpm is and maybe I can also make some like novelty desk tube dancers. Thanks to all and dougram69. This has to be the weirdest pinball toy!

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from jadziedzic:

A metal rod runs through the dancer's pelvic area and terminates in her skull; the top-most part of the rod has a slight bend (about 30 degrees) at the top. As the rod rotates it creates the dancing action. I can send you a scan of the manual pages (108-109) that show the tube dancer assembly and related parts list so you can consider if that would fit into your "desk novelty item" plan.
The original dancers are a bright green color; the "special run" ones that were produced by Illinois Pin Ball were flesh color (aka nude).

So is the bend part fit in the slot in the back of her head and sort of push her head as it comes around the bend? I have a green loaner one but no rod and need to know how the bend makes her dance? Is the bend in in head cause the one I have is not hollow where the bend could fit inside her head. Also don't have the hair so how is the hair attached.

#103 9 years ago

Hopefully the information and manual scans I provided to you will help with this project.

Good luck!

There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-nude-colored-tube-dancer-bbb/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.