WTB: NOS Pin2000 Glass

By visi0n

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

For a couple years, I've watched folks post here looking for Pin2k Glass, on the cheap.

The answers seemed to be the same. Get it from Marco or go to this guy who only sells it in person.

...And now I'm one of those folks..

I picked up a Pin2k machine at Free Play Florida over the weekend and I would like to adorn it with new-ish glass if at all possible. I, however, don't expect a limited production, low quality item to be the exact price of their non-coated, standard-sized counter parts..

Anyone know of a (shippable) NOS or nearly-new Pin2k Glass for sale? I'm on the Gulf Coast region of Alabama, so going to Allentown for one isn't really an option.

#2 9 years ago

Check with Rob Anthony (Borygard).

#3 9 years ago

gweempose is correct, however it looks like you may need to contact rob (lockwhenlit.com) to see what show he's traveling to next where he's willing bring some of his remaining stock.

(I know that he had a small stack of them at expo last month)

#4 9 years ago

Did check with him, looks like he has a small supply but can't ship.
I can't really justify a 1900 mile trip for a couple sheets of glass. Ah, the joy of pinball restore!

Thanks for the info / though -- happy 'ballin'

BillD

#5 9 years ago

I have the same issue, buy one tomorrow if I could get one shipped, but it's not worth the drive.

#6 9 years ago

At least you guys have an option of getting them, we don't.

#7 9 years ago

I had a few, sold two locally, have one left, but would be afraid to ship as they are not cheap. First one was 175.00, second one went for 225.00, my last one would be a little more.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

I had a few, sold two locally, have one left, but would be afraid to ship as they are not cheap. First one was 175.00, second one went for 225.00, my last one would be a little more.

I'm not really sure I understand everyone's hesitancy for shipping. (Aside from maybe the expense)
I get pin glass all the time and it never arrives damaged. I mean, glass is delivered all around the country, all the time to glass shops and the like. and usually that glass isn't tempered.

Anyway, I PMd ya. Seems like if packaging is the issue, I could send a single or double pack of playfield glass from pb life or marco for about $100. There's perfect packaging. Someone could keep a sheet, replace a sheet (or sandwhich the pin2k between them) and then boom, $50 to fedex and shipping mystery is solved.

I know where this is going. I'm totally going to have to throw some ridiculous stack of cash to a automative glass supplier and have 100 of these made for other folks trying to revive their Revenge / SW machines

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from sparkup:

At least you guys have an option of getting them, we don't.

yes you do, but it's expensive. pinball spare parts australia has the glass as well (but pick-up only)
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/pinball2000glass.html

2 weeks later
#10 9 years ago

For anyone else that finds a private seller willing to work with you, logistically, this seems to have worked well to get some pinball 2k glass from one side of the country to another, safely:

The deal is, pinballlife.com has some epic packaging for pinball glass. (Molded, foam-core corners and edges, big bubble wrap and decent cardboard)

So, I drop shipped a double pack of glass (I recommend double, not single, think in terms of structural support) to the seller, who then removed one sheet of the new glass, put in his very well-packed (taped in cardboard) pin2k sheet and sent the package of both to me.

I covered shipping, the cost of all glass involved. It was expensive but in my opinion, worth it to get a clean sheet of glass for my machine, without having to travel 1900 miles to get a sheet.

#11 9 years ago

I had the same problem with shipping one from BAA. So my wife had a business trip to CA, so she went by and picked it up and gave to a friend that was moving from CA, so they packed it his car that was getting put up on a transport truck, to move here to GA. It made it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-nos-pin2000-glass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.