image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
LSU_baseball.jpg
LSU_3.jpg
LSU_2.jpg
#1 10 years ago

anyone have a nos or mint bsd playfield that they could part with? I remember a few floating around awhile back.

#2 10 years ago

was there ever a run of repro BSD PFs? Good luck on your search, man would i love to get ahold of a nos one.

1 month later
#3 10 years ago

Still lookin for a nos or good condition playfield and also some cabinet decals (nos or good repros)!

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

was there ever a run of repro BSD PFs? Good luck on your search, man would i love to get ahold of a nos one.

There have been almost no repo parts for BSD. This is the thing that surprises me most about this game seeming to appreciate by $500 in the past few months . . . usually, games with many repo parts are the ones that see the quick appreciation . . . tough finding parts for a BSD.

#5 10 years ago

anyone have a nos or mint bsd playfield that they could part with? I remember a few floating around awhile back.

BTW OP, good to see another Louisiana native (and LSU supporter); we have a Louisiana sub forum thread you should post in and say hello. Welcome to pinside if I haven't already said welcome that is.

LSU_2.jpgLSU_2.jpg LSU_3.jpgLSU_3.jpg LSU_baseball.jpgLSU_baseball.jpg

#6 10 years ago

There was a guy on CL columbus, OH that had claimed to have a NOS playfield. He also wanted $2200 for it.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

There was a guy on CL columbus, OH that had claimed to have a NOS playfield. He also wanted $2200 for it.

Good lord! You can buy a nice BSD for that!

#8 10 years ago

Heh. That's basically what I said. But in all fairness, It is a playfield plagued with flaws from the very start. So that individual does have something special.

#9 10 years ago

Heh. That's basically what I said. But in all fairness, It is a playfield plagued with flaws from the very start. So that individual does have something special.

The insert issue? Yea, that really is a bummer with this game . . . I'm surprised the ramps and plastics haven't been re-ran by anyone yet. They could make a repo playfield better than an original I think as well.

The cost of parts for this game really is a hindrance of ownership.

#10 10 years ago

It not even entirely the issue of insert wear. It's more so the issue of planking playfields than anything.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The insert issue? Yea, that really is a bummer with this game . . . I'm surprised the ramps and plastics haven't been re-ran by anyone yet. They could make a repo playfield better than an original I think as well.
The cost of parts for this game really is a hindrance of ownership.

I've owned one for nearly 8 years now and it has only ever needed rubbers and globes.....I don't think they give any more trouble than any other WMS DMD machine

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I've owned one for nearly 8 years now and it has only ever needed rubbers and globes.....I don't think they give any more trouble than any other WMS DMD machine

Oh, don't mistake my post . . . I want one of these suckers myself. BSD is bad to the bone! Just wish it would see more love from the repo part world.

#13 10 years ago

To my recollection there are 2 runs of playfields on these. There are ones with the stamping of I believe "SP" versions and the others I think may be "LS". And it seems that the LS ones plank substantially more than the SP versions. I heard it was just a lack of quality control in the wood used for the PF's. of course this is all hear-say. But I have some pictures of my SP playfield. It has been through hell and back (funeral home fire) to say the very least. And it's the nicest one I have seen in any BSD that hasn't been restored professionally.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#14 10 years ago

It has been through hell and back (funeral home fire) to say the very least. And it's the nicest one I have seen in any BSD that hasn't been restored professionally.

Maybe not restored professionally . . . but you did one heck of a great job on that restore. Really nice work!

#15 10 years ago

BSD in a funeral home ?!? Bet the " there is no life in this body" call out went down well!! Someone obviously had a sense of humor

#16 10 years ago

With all the popularity this machine has seen in the past few years and the known planking issues, it won't be long before someone pickups the rights to repro the PF. That's a cash cow right there for whoever does.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

With all the popularity this machine has seen in the past few years and the known planking issues, it won't be long before someone pickups the rights to repro the PF. That's a cash cow right there for whoever does.

Yep. Just a matter of time.

#18 10 years ago

BSD Ramps, playfields and plastics.........Oh MY!

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

BSD Ramps, playfields and plastics.........Oh MY!

And speaker panels...just wish Planetary would see how much they could make reproducing some of these parts.

#20 10 years ago

As with all machines with licensed themes, that is usually part that kills it.

To my recollection there are 2 runs of playfields on these.

One is a lot darker. A friend of mine had one of these and cleared it. It looked much better, and I believe it was from the early production run from what I was told.

#21 10 years ago

Pinsider bomba had one for sale a few months ago.

#22 10 years ago

It has been through hell and back (funeral home fire) to say the very least.

A funeral home had a Dracula? That's GREAT!

Thumbs up for a badass establishment.

#23 10 years ago

Here is a picture of the key when it was in the lock during the fire.
Clearly the game took a lot of heat when in the fire.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#24 10 years ago

Here is a picture of the key when it was in the lock during the fire.
Clearly the game took a lot of heat when in the fire.

Wow! Surprised you were able to salvage it; impressive! Did you have to replace all the board and do some re-wiring?

#25 10 years ago

The boards were actually working when I got the game. But I am getting new boards as they go bad. No reason to replace something if it still works.

#26 10 years ago

This game is worth restoring one that looked like it had been dropped in the ocean before I bought it...

http://www.weirpinball.com/gallery/index.php/Restoration/Previous-Restorations/Bram-Stoker-s-Dracula

1 month later
#27 10 years ago

Still lookin for a NOS playfield or a restored one for BSD...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 5.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-nos-bsd-playfieldany-around and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.