Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC01835.jpg
#1 12 years ago

No Fear: A game I hated the 1st two times because the one I played was dirty and out of shape.
After playing a few in correct shape I love the damn game.
Starship Troopers: The 1st time I played it I got into it.
Haven't found many in good shape since.

Currently an operator friend near me have a No Fear that he has being shopped some
(3rd flipper and ball launch angle) and no good leads on a Starship Troopers.

Which game and why?

#2 12 years ago

The build quality is better on No fear but either-they are both great fast games.

#3 12 years ago

I know someone who knows someone that is currently looking to sale his Starship Troopers.

Send me a PM and I'll give you the contact's name and you can talk to him about
helping you get the sellers info.

#4 12 years ago

When I owned NF, I was strongly influenced by the ratings here and thought the game wasn't all that great. Now that its gone, i realize that the constant challenges made it always entertaining. I miss it. Haven't played st for so long that I can't remember the gameplay. Gonna say you can't go wrong with NF, though

#5 12 years ago

I have a Starship Troopers for sale not sure if you would wanna ship it tho. Its in MINT condition seriously nothing wrong at all! Its a great game! The 3rd flipper takes a little get used to but its got alot of cool toys and the modes are alot of fun. KILL EM ALL!!!

#6 12 years ago

I'd get the No Fear out of those 2, fast game, good flow. Like the layout...

#7 12 years ago

No Fear is the better game I think, Better re sale being a Williams.

#8 12 years ago

From what I hear of others' opinions, NO Fear is the better game. Steve Ritchie, fast and fun.

1 week later
#9 12 years ago

No Fear, no question.

#10 12 years ago

Anyone that has spent any time on an SST will know that hands down it has one of the best light shows in pinball. Multiball is excellent. There's two moving playfield toys including the pop-up brain bug. Two ramps, multiple modes, fast play, funny calls actual BUMPERS and dmd graphics etc.etc.etc. This game has MUCH faster gameplay and one operator said all he needed to do was wipe down the playfield and this game was good to go versus constant adjustments on the B/W pins. I question anyone who knocks the build quality of this pin if they've never taken one apart. SST is rising in the rankings. If you can find a good one, jump on it.

#11 12 years ago

I've played both and NF would be my choice, as it more instantly clicked with me, plus I like the theme, speed, art, and the jump ramp loop.

I'd like to spend more time with SST as I think it may grow on me, and I know I didn't see everything it had to offer, and it has some pretty neat looking toys. I didn't care much for the smaller flipper next to the side of the larger one, but then again, that flipper's size and location was a lot different than I'm used to, so that might possibly grow on me too.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from emo:

The build quality is better on No Fear but either-they are both great fast games.

I'm repeating myself as STT is great fun

#13 12 years ago

No Fear > Starship Troopers

#14 12 years ago

When in doubt, I go with bud Steve Ritchie.

DSC01835.jpgDSC01835.jpg

#15 12 years ago

Pinside staff - Starship Troopers = 7.95 No Fear = 7.58

Starship Troopers > No Fear

Steve Ritchie Factor > Sega Factor

If you want to go by this, go buy a Terminator 2 pinball. Steve Ritchie designed it and you'll love it for all of 3 days but hey....it was designed by Steve Ritchie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 12 years ago

What i like about ST is that the game changes, and depending on what coloured bugs you have to kill, you have different targets to shoot for each time, which is a cool idea.

#17 12 years ago

There used to be a SST on route very close to my house. Played it all the time. Solid pin.

#18 12 years ago

There is a NF on route here at the Legion. I enjoy playing it everytime I go in there. That might be the steak and beer talking but not sure. I just know I have fun there and the machine is there.

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

If you want to go by this, go buy a Terminator 2 pinball. Steve Ritchie designed it and you'll love it for all of 3 days but hey....it was designed by Steve Ritchie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But for it's time it was awsome!

#21 12 years ago

Great question, we have both machines side-to-side in our gameroom! They're very different games but equally fun. They're also both LOUD and FAST!

Personally I think SST has more 'depth' and has more humor (it's just so over the top), but NF is definitely the smoother running game (hard to beat the Steve Ritchie flow). I would have a real hard time picking between the two as I love 'em both!

#22 12 years ago

I Have areally nice no fear for sale some pinsiders have seen it. LMK asking 2495.00 no cabinet fade with full leds its nice.
Pincades
JT

#23 12 years ago

You can't bash Ritchie for T2. T2 and HS were arcade MONSTERS. Neither fair well for longevity in home use situations, other than for some quick fun and nostalgia.

I judge the pins for today and today’s use, but appreciate them for their time period and original purpose – ie suckering smelly little kids into dumping all the money they just stole from their mother’s purse into *this* machine.

#24 12 years ago

I have owned a Starship and have played a No Fear at an auction. I think Starship is better.

#25 12 years ago

funny story i might add on Starship troopers...it was filmed at Devils 1/2 acre in Wyoming in natrona county. my stomping grounds were i lived and grew up...

i remember when i saw ads in our paper for 'extra's' to fill in for the hundreds of soldiers in the fights at night with the giant spider creatures...lol i drive by that location 3 times a week lately and always think of that movie. an interesting fact you might not have known.

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

You can't bash Ritchie for T2. T2 and HS were arcade MONSTERS.

High Speed was such an important machine in the history of pinball. In my eyes, it marked the beginning of a whole new era of creativity. It's definitely the machine that got me and a lot of my friends hooked on pinball back in high school.

1 week later
#27 12 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

If you can find a good one, jump on it.

I literally kick myself in the butt for not picking up a great condition one for about $1200 @ APE arcade convention in south FL this year. All others have been beaters or just decent condition.

I'll make my decision on my next pin after I sell or trade Batman Forever.

I need to keep a pin in the house I'm renting at all times now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-no-fear-or-starship-troopers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.