• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
b.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

RobT you forgot to insult me or make fun of my arcade while articulating your reply.
JK man, JK.
Anyway it's all good. I don't own an XMLE nor am I looking for one or trying to bring down its value. Actually I'm just holding my NIB money for whatever non music/hero title is next but that's another thread entirely.

No need to insult! Mistakes happen, and either your friend mispoke, or you misheard what he said in terms of what he paid. Even Stern employees wouldn't get it for that price from what I understand.

I'm curious what the next non hero non music title will be myself!

#52 11 years ago

I paid $6600 for mine.. $5500!!! I havent heard anyone here buying theirs for that price.

Jon

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

That was the early preorder price according to my source. Today you will have to settle for CG's $5900 HUO. $200 difference & not NIB of course.

Considering I never said $5500 you obviously don't know what you are talking about either Chachie.
-
Moving forward: I keep hearing the same thing, that my estimate is $600 too low. Sorry, guess I was lied to.

I had a preorder as close to day 1 as possible and the absolute best number I got quoted anywhere was $6400... So yeah, I think you've been given som bad intel

#54 11 years ago

I love threads where the OP totally disappears and it goes on and on...LOL....

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Considering I never said $5500 you obviously don't know what you are talking about either Chachie.

Title of the thread clearly states they want one for $5500. I wasn't calling that your price.

You're the only one who was completely wrong here, but good job defending it and calling out others!

#56 11 years ago

I literally was in on Day 1 of preorders, and paid well more than $5700. That is some straight bullshit. Period.

#57 11 years ago

Goatdan I am going to hold a grudge against you for the rest of my life over this XMLE stuff.

Ok, not really.

Gambit I appreciate your 3rd confirmation of how horribly wrong I am, thanks.

I need to quit posting on here so damn much. This silly bickering is what happens when my local pinball arcade isn't open on a Friday night & I don't have any damn mods/repairs to work on or a new machine to occupy my time.

#58 11 years ago

I have posted twice since you made that proclamation, d__k. And the second only after you dug your heels in. Don't deflect onto me because you got called to the carpet by the tough crowd.

Post edited by SealClubber : language

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Goatdan I am going to hold a grudge against you for the rest of my life over this XMLE stuff.

Ok, not really.

Gambit I appreciate your 3rd confirmation of how horribly wrong I am, thanks.

I need to quit posting on here so damn much. This silly bickering is what happens when my local pinball arcade isn't open on a Friday night & I don't have any damn mods/repairs to work on or a new machine to occupy my time.

Let's put it this way - if you don't absolutely know something like that, just don't make it sound like you're positive that was the price. That's all.

If you had said, "I heard you could get them delivered when the pre-order period happened for $5700" then it would be way easier for a bunch of us to nicely tell you that you're wrong. But, when after a few people tried nicely correcting you you say, "$5700 was indeed the quoted price during preorders. For reals, don't try to steamroll your way through that." even though, no, that didn't happen, you have to expect a bunch of people to jump on here and say that you're wrong.

I'm not holding a grudge against you or anyone, but I do know that where ever you got your information from was absolutely wrong.

Doesn't mean you suck or anything else, but when you then try telling people who actually did pay the original price and were quoted on the first day that they don't know what they are talking about, well, it just sounds stupid.

I'd be happy to have you over to repair a pin or play a few games, I really don't hold grudges or anything, but I really do know what I'm talking about here, and you're numbers were wrong. Sorry.

#60 11 years ago

Goatdan: right on, thanks. It's all good man.

Gambit: I just found an old PM, a 2nd person stating a number in the high $5's. Who knows, maybe 2 people were misinformed? I didn't see a receipt as proof so it is what it is. Either way I wasn't being a dick.

#61 11 years ago

You guys got screwed! I got mine for $4400.00 NIB.

Didn't even have to preorder. Its a Premium not an LE though.

Paid in Full a few weeks back.

Still waiting for delivery from some guy named Barry Sotero from Kenya.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Why ask to pay $5500. I'd like one for $4500. Please someone PM me when you can ship it. Thanks.

$1500 and they cover shipping.

I want what PM wizardis having. Seriously man no one payed $5700 there are a lot of people on here that are day one. There are also distributors on here that cannot get that price when ordering multiple machines day 1. Maybe your buddy exagerated a little. Flame suit ON.

Just saying not fighting with you.

#63 11 years ago

I certainly would not quote or even argue about a price that I did not pay. Plenty of actual buyers who can chime in. It's not helpful to throw crap out there. Buy one and then share what a great deal you found.

#64 11 years ago

One thing I have learned in my short time on this forum is that there is a large contingent of not so nice people. This thread highlights that.

Good luck to the original poster in finding your XMLE. You might want to start another thread though since this one has been crapped in so much.

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude:

One thing I have learned in my short time on this forum is that there is a large contingent of not so nice people. This thread highlights that.
Good luck to the original poster in finding your XMLE. You might want to start another thread though since this one has been crapped in so much.

I don't think he was getting an offer for $5500 anyway so not much point to start a new thread...

#66 11 years ago

Who is "the friend" that bought it for 5700? Surely a pinhead on the group? I would like to know him

#67 11 years ago

I was in since before day 1 and paid $6400....no way "a friend" got a NIB for $5700

#68 11 years ago

Sold mine for $5900.

#69 11 years ago

This is an awesome popcorn munching thread!

#70 11 years ago

Okay, I know the OP well enough to say that I'm pretty sure he knows what the value of most pins is going to be around...

He knew posting this that it was going to be a longshot, but if you never ask, you never know. And if all you have to take in the process is some turds crapping up your thread, then so be it...No way I wouldn't have gotten my STTNG for 1400 had I not posted a want ad on craigslist (which I got several snarky emails about), or responded to the guy that emailed me, or asked what he wanted for it, etc etc.

No harm in trying to find a good deal. The people in the wrong here are the ones that are bickering over issues not even related to the thread in the first place.

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

No harm in trying to find a good deal.

And on the right day at the right moment for someone, you never know.

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I certainly would not quote or even argue about a price that I did not pay. Plenty of actual buyers who can chime in. It's not helpful to throw crap out there. Buy one and then share what a great deal you found.

Sounds like a good policy

Quoted from shlockdoc:

Who is "the friend" that bought it for 5700? Surely a pinhead on the group? I would like to know him

The PM quote was from someone here yes, the buyer no. I'm not dropping names of the member or the distributor after the events in this thread. Hell sounds like I was misinformed anyway.

#73 11 years ago

before it was even announced the blind buy in was 6300

#74 11 years ago

Oh yeah Akuma...

I guess now is a good time to tell you the truth. My arcade bought the $5700 XMLE from Magneto himself.

Good stuff lol

b.jpgb.jpg

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I love threads where the OP totally disappears and it goes on and on...LOL....

First fun fact is that I know that XM LEs are being offered for sale in the low $6K. My WTB ad is my attempt to find an XM LE for a price that I am prepared to pay today. Either I will induce one of the XMLE sellers to sell for about $500 less than their asking price, or I won't.

Do I really expect to find a NIB XM LE for $5,500? No, not really. However, the thought of $5,500 cash may entice a current owner to sell. Or it may cause a NIB or HUO Seller to reconsider his current price and enter into negotations with me. Or, I will receive no interest from any seller and I will just hold on to my $5,500 and let it grow a bit more and consider other options.

Second fun fact, I have used this approach in the past to get very popular games in the past. When Cactus Canyon's were selling for $7-8K, I made a post looking to buy a sub-$5,000 CC, and I was able to buy one for $4900.

Third fun fact, I don't check pinside religiously. So I may make a post and then check back in the next day rather than checking in every 30 minutes.

To tell the truth, I'm totally shocked at the number of responses and mini-threads within my thread. Since I consistently monitor RGP and only occasionally check pinside, I was not expecting this level of response. Especially when my RGP post has 0 responses.

Anyway, I did not expect this level of response, but I am definitely entertained by them.

If I do reach an agreement for an XM LE via pinside, I will gladly share the details. For the naysayers on my price, I have a few interesting offers that may allow me to acquire the XM LE for $5,500 + shipping. It's not finalized yet, but it is a possibility.

Marcus

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

First fun fact is that I know that XM LEs are being offered for sale in the low $6K. My WTB ad is my attempt to find an XM LE for a price that I am prepared to pay today. Either I will induce one of the XMLE sellers to sell for about $500 less than their asking price, or I won't.

Do I really expect to find a NIB XM LE for $5,500? No, not really. However, the thought of $5,500 cash may entice a current owner to sell. Or it may cause a NIB or HUO Seller to reconsider his current price and enter into negotations with me. Or, I will receive no interest from any seller and I will just hold on to my $5,500 and let it grow a bit more and consider other options.

I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility at all.

Pinlawyer confirmed that he sold his for $5900.00, which is only $400.00 more than your price point. If they keep popping up for sale (another one was listed here yesterday), the price will probably keep going down. Furthermore, if you have someone in a situation where they have a deal lined up on another pin that they really want, but they need fast cash, they might sell it for a few hundred bucks less in order to get that other pin before someone else snags it out from under them. I've been in that situation myself.

#77 11 years ago

I would be the first to call BS on this guy's claim of people getting in at $5700 NIB, but so many have already done so. Most people here know what distribs pay for the games.
Coming in and spouting off they know someone that paid $5700 is pure BS.

Enjoying the thread though with popcorn.

#78 11 years ago

There's always deals to be had. I always shoot low when shopping, and then go from there.

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I have posted twice since you made that proclamation, d__k.

OK, there was and is no need to resort to name calling. If you don't agree with a post, fine, say so. But calling a guy a "D__k" is uncalled for.

#80 11 years ago

I think the Xmas present in Dec will determine everything and price. So far its shaping up to be a good game.

#81 11 years ago

Xerico,
we all pretty much agree that its a good idea to post and that someone could easily bite at that price.
We just got derailed with the NIB price discussion.
Good luck. Like I said before the right deal at the price happens at the right time. Throwing it out there just makes the odds of that happening better ; )

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If they keep popping up for sale (another one was listed here yesterday), the price will probably keep going down.

Once the impatient maniacs shake out, the games will be with people who want/enjoy them, the software update will hit...then you won't see any for sale.

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

You guys got screwed! I got mine for $4400.00 NIB.
Didn't even have to preorder. Its a Premium not an LE though.
Paid in Full a few weeks back.
Still waiting for delivery from some guy named Barry Sotero from Kenya.

Political comments are only acceptable here if they're tea bagger ones?

#84 11 years ago

That's the way they like it up in Palin country.

#85 11 years ago

I'd be willing to buy the following pins if anyone has them for sale

BBB $2000
MM $2000
MB $2000
WOZ $1000

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from flipperfingers:

Political comments are only acceptable here if they're tea bagger ones?

Flipperfingers dreams of men putting their scrotum in his mouth, seek help.

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Once the impatient maniacs shake out, the games will be with people who want/enjoy them, the software update will hit...then you won't see any for sale.

This is so true. Can't wait for the game to get out of all the speculators hands and in homes they will never leave; like 003 is at mine...permanently out of circulation.

#88 11 years ago

Word is Tron and X-men will have another big updated dropped near xmas. I heard Tron was actually done or very close. I know what wholesale is and $5500 is COMPLETE BS! Even the ACDC's premiums were higher than $5500! FACT! You might find someone wanting out, you never know!! Good luck with the hunt!

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Flipperfingers dreams of men putting their scrotum in his mouth, seek help.

Quite the contrary. That's tea bagger activity. Just ask your tea bagger Governor Scott Walker. I'm sure that he's ready to give you your daily dose.

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is so true. Can't wait for the game to get out of all the speculators hands and in homes they will never leave; like 003 is at mine...permanently out of circulation.

Good God. Let's not go around accusing everyone who is selling their X-Men of being "speculators". I know this simply isn't the case for the majority of them being sold. Some of us just don't like the pin. Others have a hard time accepting that fact, so they have to blame all these sales on "speculators". lol

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from flipperfingers:

Quite the contrary. That's tea bagger activity. Just ask your tea bagger Governor Scott Walker. I'm sure that he's ready to give you your daily dose.

Keep editing your foolish comments

#93 11 years ago

Did you guys know that NOBODY paid $5500. This guy is just crazy, he must worship satan or something.

THATS LOWER THAN DISTRIBUTOR PRICING, AND I KNOW SANTA CLAUS.

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Good God. Let's not go around accusing everyone who is selling their X-Men of being "speculators". I know this simply isn't the case for the majority of them being sold. Some of us just don't like the pin. Others have a hard time accepting that fact, so they have to blame all these sales on "speculators". lol

Where exactly did I say every seller was a speculator? Never said that and I see no reasonable way that could be inferred from what I did say. That said, do you have anything to support your statement that the majority being sold are not being sold by speculators?

Some are, some are not. Impossible to speak with the certainty you use in your posts.

#95 11 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

This guy is just crazy, he must worship satan or something.

Who? Nobody as far as I can see said that they only paid 5500 for it. He's asking for someone to sell it for that. Two different things.

#96 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Where exactly did I say every seller was a speculator? Never said that and I see no reasonable way that could be inferred from what I did say. That said, do you have anything to support your statement that the majority being sold are not being sold by speculators?
Some are, some are not. Impossible to speak with the certainty you use in your posts.

You said "Can't wait for the game to get out of all the speculators hands and in homes they will never leave; like 003 is at mine...permanently out of circulation".

Sounds like you believe most of the sales are from "speculators" to me. If you don't believe that, fine, but I do think that it is a fair inference.

I have a hard time believing that people who bought this pin as a money making item would be selling it this soon, and at a loss. Speculators would wait it out, and wait for the new code update, unless they really thought the bottom was going to completely fall out. And I personally know many of the people here who have sold theirs. They weren't speculators.

#97 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Keep editing your foolish comments

Keep slurping on your corporate masters.

#98 11 years ago

I love scott walker. I voted for him the first time and the 2nd time. GO WALKER!

#99 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Who? Nobody as far as I can see said that they only paid 5500 for it. He's asking for someone to sell it for that. Two different things.

Every letter of what I posted was a joke.

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Every letter of what I posted was a joke.

Was the part about worshipping Satan supposed to be a give away?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-nib-or-huo-stern-xmen-le-for-5500/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.