• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140410_205940.jpg
LINK TOPPER_crop.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Well I've found my second NBA Fastbreak, got them connected, but would really like to add the Championship Link topper for the game. I'm guessing this will be a needle in a haystack, and I'm willing to make my own if someone has scans. If you have one for sale or know of a lead, please send a PM. Thank you.
LINK TOPPER_crop.jpgLINK TOPPER_crop.jpg

#2 10 years ago

I can get you scans. I have the original link kit toppers. They are on heavy/thick card stock. Thickness of a dime I believe.

#3 10 years ago

Very cool. Thank you.

3 weeks later
#4 10 years ago

After photo-stitching, having them printed and put on backer board, making a lighting strip, and positioning on the machines, the final product is below...Many thanks JJ!20140410_205940.jpg20140410_205940.jpg

#5 10 years ago

Too awesome. I want to try out this setup someday.

#6 10 years ago

A fun little color changing vid...

#7 10 years ago

man, that's way cool !!!!!

#8 10 years ago

Awesome! Nice job, man!

#9 10 years ago

That rocks..

#10 10 years ago

Very nice.

#12 10 years ago

Awesome job, that looks really cool!

#13 10 years ago

I didn't realize NBA Fast break had a 'Link' mode. You can play head to head? That's way cool! Just added another pin to my wish list

#14 10 years ago

Thanks for all positive reviews. It started as a bucket list item, to own a linked pair of NBAFB's, and it just keeps on getting better.

Zamp...with latest game & sound roms, 2 additional chips per each game, and a simple link cable, you can play head to head or hit both flippers for regular play.

I simply love the fact of different rules on the same game, like SafeCracker's Assault of the Vault.

Anyone up for a game?

#15 10 years ago

Had two of them linked in my gameroom for about a year. Different rules (timed game with halftime), see each other's scores on both displays...fun when others were over. But I have limited space, so brought the linked pair to the PATZ show a couple years ago so everyone there could enjoy them linked. Ended up selling both to a couple guys there.

Lots of people do not like the game, but I enjoyed it....nice implementation of the theme. Linked machines were a lot of fun...and even a third way to play! Start a game at midnight, and it goes into Midnight Madness mode.

#16 10 years ago

I love the game, tight shots and a unique ruleset which is rather refreshing. Been playing it a lot lately with my kids, to have a pair linked like Millz, well, that is the dream right! Nice work my friend..

#17 10 years ago

Crap! Now I've got to buy me another NBAFB!!! Sweet post~ thanks for sharing!!
Steveo

#18 10 years ago

I keep forgetting about midnight madness! Time to adjust my game clocks!

#19 10 years ago

Excellent information. I will need to do, as you have done. What a difference!!

The game is at another dimension in pinball when you can go head-to-head. I was a big basketball fan back in the 1990s, and this game has many of the names. The announcer is excellent, along with the million dollar shot. "tie your shoes and get back in the game" is one of my favorite pinball call-outs after a quick drain.

I was hoping Stern would do a linked game with Mustang and the racing theme and all, especially with GG at the table. Maybe someday soon when/if sales taper.

NBA Fastbreak is a great game by itself and especially linked. Round the world multi-ball can be a lot of fun to get by passing the ball with the flippers to one of four shooters. The center shot can be pretty tough on some nights. Great fun for the money.

Play on....

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I didn't realize NBA Fast Break had a 'Link' mode. You can play head to head? That's way cool! Just added another pin to my wish list

Two more added to your wishlist!

3 weeks later
#21 9 years ago

I just bought a link set for my two NBAFB games and will have them linked up soon. Not sure if I will keep them both as I might just sell them as a linked set. Any idea what they might be worth with an original link set topper and all the chips and linking wires included? Thanks, Rick

1 week later
#22 9 years ago

Millz,

Congratulations for your work.
I have 2 NBAFB. I am very interested.
Please, can you send me scans?

Thanks,

Sylvain

#23 9 years ago

Sylvain,

As I got the scans from Pinstym, and I have not asked permission to distribute his scans, I would prefer that you contact him directly for the scans. I am happy to pass on what I did after receiving them.

Millz

#24 9 years ago

That looks great!

#25 9 years ago

I'm really glad this thread was recently revived. I just received the topper scans from Pinstym - thanks for the exchange, man! He provided great scans and good documentation for thickness and design of the original toppers.

Millz, I'm going to send a PM to get a little more info on how you went about making your recreation. Looks fantastic.

Now to find a second NBA FB!

#26 9 years ago

Thanks for the compliments guys. PM replied to.

#27 9 years ago

Got my 2 Fastbreaks linked together and they are awesome to play. Very simple instructions to install the chips and wiring. One caution though is if you have a new replacement Rottendog sound board you will not be able to plug in your linking cable. You must have the original type of board. I guess the makers of the new WPC-95 boards figured that no one needed that plug on the board so they eliminated it. I had to rob it out of one of my other WPC-95 games to make it work. I really enjoy the games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-nba-fastbreak-championship-link-topper?hl=poopiehead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.