WTB: My personal holy grail - 1993 Williams Indiana Jones

By mrclean

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I would like to purchase my personal grail, a 93' Williams Indiana Jones. This pinball machine is incredibly important to me. I actually named my dog Indiana no joke (Yeah yeah i know... "you named the dog Indiana"!) I'm a hard core Indiana Jones fan. I can go on and on about how much I love the movies, & to most peoples surprise I actually admit enjoyed IJ4. So in advance I apologize about being meticulous in how I want the games condition to be. I really wanted to save this machine as my very last game to add to my collection but I just want it already. despite the fact that I'm itching to add one to my collection I'm not in a major rush, I'm really waiting for the right condition / price WIJ machine to find me.

What I'm looking for in the WIJ :
-Machine must be error free and play 100% (idol / path of adventure etc..)
-Must NOT be a re-import !
-No water damage!
-Ramps should look polished / Not hazed
-Machine should be recently shopped rubbers / waxed etc maintained.
-DMD Should look sharp
-Gun shouldn't be peeling etc..
-No broken plastics
-No bent legs, cab protectors nice but not required
-Original Cabinet preferred
-No playfield damage this includes but is not limited to inserts, planking, scratches, broken items, etc..
-Nice unfaded artwork would be preferred
-No cabinet drill holes in the front
-Gold trim wire ramps, legs , etc is not necessary but also OK
-Must be willing to ship / accept paypal
-Must be able to provide quality pictures showing the machines condition
-LEDs not required
-Coin door should not be a tripple slot or a single slot but the actual original Williams coin door.
-NOS parts installed are a bonus, personally I don't care for MODS and would want the game as close to original as possible, but it's not to say I would be against tastefully done items.
-No Hacks
-No Burnt connectors etc..
-Underneath the playfield should be clean / as well as inside of cab.

I would like the seller to be honest with any dings, dents scratches to the cabinet or anything else for that matter. I know all the machines condition is king. I'm aware of the prices of what they should be. Not really looking for a "players machine", but also don't need a museum HUO piece either. Please PM me your asking price and let me know the condition of the machine not "offer" price if you have a 93' WIJ for sale. I have bought machines from other pinsiders before along with KLOV members, if needed I can provide you with references. At the end of the day I'm just looking for a nice example of a game that is going to be IMO the absolute crown jewel in my collection. Please PM me regarding details.

#2 11 years ago

We'll get the crew back together and build you a brand new one!

#3 11 years ago

Get out your checkbook and have it ready when someone is ready to sell. Tough to find original decals and a willing seller. I would advise getting over the paypal requirement. Most seasoned veterans will not go through paypal without knowing you in advance. Its way too easy to yank the money back after having received the machine. Mine is as you describe but is not for sale.

#4 11 years ago

Sounds like you should be hunting for a core machine, and sending it out to HEP. With that list of expectations, you're not going to be happy with anything less.

#5 11 years ago

Why would you care if it's a re-import?

I've seen re-import pins that are CHERRY.

#6 11 years ago

This might be what your looking for-
ebay.com link: Indiana Jones pinball machine

#7 11 years ago

I have a re-import and it is cherry =)

Best of luck with your search.

#8 11 years ago

Have a very nice ij 6k, another one 12k restored, hep playfield, all brass, even the balls.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Have a very nice ij 6k, another one 12k restored, hep playfield, all brass.

27 minutes! Even Indy couldn't work that fast!

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

Sounds like you should be hunting for a core machine, and sending it out to HEP. With that list of expectations, you're not going to be happy with anything less.

Yeah I thought about going that way, still a possibility, I know Chris does excellent jaw dropping work. I'm sure a nice example of this game exists that will fit my expectations without sending it out to Chris.

Quoted from Astropin:

Why would you care if it's a re-import?
I've seen re-import pins that are CHERRY.

I don't know for what it's worth another one of my pins are a re-import and it's in nice shape, but for this game that's a requirement for me.

Quoted from pinstor12:

Have a very nice ij 6k, another one 12k restored, hep playfield, all brass, even the balls.

The 6k one I might be interested in depending on what you consider to be "very nice". Please if possible send photos / or attach them to this thread with description of the game . (PM Sent)

Quoted from o-din:

This might be what your looking for-
Ebay link

That game has been sitting on eBay forever, and will remain that way at that price... it's over priced IMO.

#11 11 years ago

One for sale in VA on CL for $4200. Nice price there on an IJ these days...

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

One for sale in VA on CL for $4200. Nice price there on an IJ these days...

sounds cheap and likely gone already... never mind.. I also saw that cab hit ebay, that's below the condition I would like to get my game in, has fade, playfield ware obviously sat on location has lock bar holes all over, judging by that coin door likely a re-import.

richmond.craigslist.org link

same as ebay item no. - 290866770400

#14 11 years ago

thanks for the heads up though any leads are appreciated, found it... that games a "players machine" for sure, I would like to find one in better condition but not spend 8-12k on one. Like I said I don't require a HUO game but just a overall nice condition / good example and clean WIJ.

#15 11 years ago

Good luck with your search. IJ is on my wishlist too.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Good luck with your search. IJ is on my wishlist too.

You and everyone else without this game I think has it on their wishlist lol. At least I would hope it should be with such a great franchise / theme and game play and even the sound this game is nothing short of phenomenal IMO. Another interesting thing I think this machine was ranked by the most amount of registered users on pinside falling in at I think no.6. The machine usually dips between 10-8 all time, and for good reason.

I've gotten a few potential good leads, still waiting to hear back from several different people that contacted me with photos, need to sleep on price etc. I had someone claim they can personally deliver this game to me 10hrs away which sounds lovely we shall see. As I've had mixed experiences with NAVL /STI.

#17 11 years ago

mines an reimport but I doubt youll find nicer for a reasonable price.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/feeler-my-indiana-jones-for-monster-bash-ij-for-mb

#18 11 years ago

I have a very nice one, just shopped out, excellent playfield, working 100%. Cabinet does have fade. Meets all your other criteria. $6K and will throw in a set of Cab decals. I'm located just outside Toronto.

#19 11 years ago

Looks really nice, I would replace that coin door with a williams coin door though.

Quoted from ShinyNick:

I have a very nice one, just shopped out, excellent playfield, working 100%. Cabinet does have fade. Meets all your other criteria. $6K and will throw in a set of Cab decals. I'm located just outside Toronto.

I have a few good sources all in the 4500-6k range, so I'm liking the fact that I'm starting to have choices. I'm not opposed to spending on the higher spectrum but I want to get the best condition game for the price. I will only buy from US sellers, sorry.

#20 11 years ago

Im glad your finding some sources, thats awesome.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Looks really nice, I would replace that coin door with a williams coin door though.

That is a Williams coin door. Single slot export door.

#22 11 years ago

Dont want too rain on your parade, but no way youre getting what you want on that list for anywhere near $4500.... Ive never seen an unfaded non airbrushed touched up ( or the seller claims is unfaded but actually is) indy sell for less than $6500 recently. Truly unfaded almost never exists.. also that one on ebay is jacked up, the orange on the two sides dont even match... lol!! I looked forever for what you wanted also as I wanted the same and gave up, but maybe you'll have better luck.

Quoted from mrclean:

I have a few good sources all in the 4500-6k range, so I'm liking the fact that I'm starting to have choices. I'm not opposed to spending on the higher spectrum but I want to get the best condition game for the price. I will only buy from US sellers, sorry.

#23 11 years ago

Thank you to all that contributed to my holy grail search...

I have a pending deal

#24 11 years ago

Is Canada a reimport?

#25 11 years ago

this one is CQ all the way. Clean as the day it was made. Has all sample plastics also. Is a friend of mine selling his super nice collection, and he can ship. These are the best of best he got over the years of selling and repairing pins.

atlanta.craigslist.org link

#26 11 years ago

Congrats, although I would be another to say that I own a nice re-import IJ. I can't see why that matters.

10 months later
#27 10 years ago

So I need to know, did you find the Indiana Jones that met your qualifications in the price range that you wanted to pay??

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I have a re-import and it is cherry =)
Best of luck with your search.

But is it for sale anyway?

#29 10 years ago

if you haven't found one yet i just saw one up for sale. It's in nh but if you are open for the drive Pm me for details.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-my-personal-holy-grail-1993-williams-indiana-jones and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.