11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by DanteBK
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dantebk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Hi all,

My girlfriend and I have made the decision: we want to buy a pinball machine for our apartment. We're tired of only playing on the weekends at bowling alleys and billiard halls! We need a pin of our very own. Just imagine it: we could be playing right now!

We only have room for one, and we're on a pretty tight budget. We're looking for something with a fun, colorful theme, from the late 80s or early 90s. Some examples of what I mean:

Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
Super Mario Bros.
Surf 'n Safari
Simpsons (Data East)
Tee'd Off

And so on. Open to suggestions.

Like I said, we're on a tight budget, so we're not expecting "collector's quality" necessarily, but since this is our first pin, we're not ready for a fixer-upper either.

If you have one of the above (or similar) you'd like to sell, and you want to help make our pinball dreams come true, AND you're in the Los Angeles-area (or surrounding) send me a PM! Our car is ultra-compact, so we'd have to rent a van or a truck, so too far from Los Angeles is probably not practical. But hey, PM me and we'll talk. If you'd be open to helping deliver/install (for a reasonable fee of course), let me know. We live in the West Valley, halfway between the 101 and the 118.

Thanks!
Dante

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

What's the price range?

We're thinking $800-$1,100, depending on the table and what shape it's in. But I don't want our ideal budget to discourage anyone from talking to me. I'd rather have the discussion, just in case.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I do kinda wanna whittle away my collection a bit...I should sell you one of my oddball games.

You totally should!

Quoted from Rarehero:

Dante, I think it'll be tough to find a shopped out/working 100% game for that price...but hopefully someone can hook you up! When I started collecting, it was all about "broken, dirty, and cheap!" ...and I just did all the work myself to get the games working & pretty.

Yeah, I probably could have phrased that better. I've never owned a pin before, but I am definitely willing to learn how to fix/replace flipper coils, or lights, or clean it up and make it spiffy, etc., but I'd be a little intimidated to start with one that was actually not working. So doesn't have to be 100% perfect, but, I don't know, 80%? Is that reasonable? It's all a learning process.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Dante,
Hang in there and be patient, the right deal will come your way in time. I'm close to you in the north SF Valley so I'll keep my eyes open. Greg, don't start thinning the heard yet! I don't have any money after X-Men LE
Kevin

Thanks Kevin! I really appreciate that.

I wonder how many pinheads there are in the Valley anyways... probably not enough for something like what Skillshots is doing, but maybe one day...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-denis-sur-richelieu, QC
$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dantebk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-my-first-pin-los-angeles-area-rb-smb-sns-simpsons-or-similar?tu=dantebk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.