• Latest reply 11 years ago by Eskaybee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

040313-pm-img-01.jpg
brad_ridgemont_high.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eryeal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 11 years ago

What distributor?

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Why are people calling this a MOPLE?
Isn't there just one LE? As in Metallica, LE
Is it not MET LE?

MOPLE looks better than METLE.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

It was me and I feel terribly about not being able to fill all my orders. This is how the sequence of events played out.
April 9, Stern releases teaser video of new Metallica pinball.
April 9 +10, I have six machines ordered and confirmed for buyers.
April 11, four more people send me deposits and I increase my order accordingly.
April 11, Later in the day, Stern sends letter to dealers saying Metallica LE is sold out
After that the rest is history. Stern was bombarded with orders AFTER the teaser video was released. There was virtually no interest in this machine on April 8th. Everyone wanted this title after they found out it was gone. Stern received multiple orders from different distributors at the same time. I ultimately received four machines. I sold the machines in order of deposits received and did not raise the price. Once again, I apologize for not being able to fill all of my orders. I have offered an extra discount on Metallica Premiums to my customers who were shut out of an LE. I wish I could do more.
Mike
http://www.lanesandgamesarcade.com/

Interesting - so what you are saying is that Stern just got so many orders at the exact same time they just couldn't keep track of them and couldn't fulfill them? Also according to your timeline - it appears that you actually sold and/or received deposits on machines prior to actually ordering them from Stern - is that right?

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Yes, that is correct. people sent me deposits so I would order a machine for them. These machines have not been built yet, no one has them in stock to ship. It should not have been a problem to increase an order within a couple days of the release announcement. No new title has ever sold out this fast. No one saw it coming and everyone was blindsided at the same time, Stern, distributors, and customers alike.
Mike

No problem, really appreciate the honesty and integrity, though. Many distributors are saying they had the machines guaranteed and got cut - certainly with many this may be true. But I have a feeling some are/were in the same boat as you and took orders thinking there's no way they are sold out, but actually turned out that way - and they are just not being honest about it and blaming Stern 100%.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Guys knock it off. It's not the distributors fault at all. If anything, they didn't get the games they wanted due to the fact that 240 went overseas.
STOP.

#1 - I wanted to know the distributor in case we had the same one and see if I needed to call.

#2 - Don't jump to conclusions based on a simple question - see #1.

#3 - Did you read the direct comments after this by chance? The distributor took orders that they thought they could get, but they couldn't. That puts most of the blame on the distributor - but this is the first time a sell-out of this magnitude happened, and every other time there's been no problem increasing the order, so you can understand why they took a few extra orders thinking it would be no problem to increase their purchase with Stern. The popularity was just completely underestimated by everyone involved. And you can't blame Stern for sending 240 overseas - let's see - 52% to USA, 48% to the REST OF THE WORLD. That's not a bad ratio.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Deposits were being taken for MoP preorders well in advance. Just like they are for ST now. Most of the ordering took place after the pictures and videos were released.

And once again, some distributors don't seem to be learning. Taking preorders for a game assuming that they will get a certain allotment that will not be confirmed until the game is released.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

If it makes you feel better to blame someone than so be it. Nobody seen this coming. Metallica was not a hot topic for the longest time and distributors didn't have any reason to believe orders would be tough to fill. Low number of deposits plus everyone assumed that the Premium would be just as popular as the LE. Instead at the last minute it was a mad dash for one model... the LE.

Not sure where you are going with this - if anything, your post is proving my point. My post wasn't about assigning blame for Metallica, it was about learning from the experience. Even if it was 100% Stern's fault (which it wasn't 100% and that's a fact - some distributors on here have already said they screwed up), it doesn't mean they can just repeat the same errors and hope Stern fixes it the next time. You'd think distributors instead would say, "Wait a minute - we aren't going to take any preorders for Star Trek until we know what's going on this time."

Metallica was not a hot topic for the longest time, and look what happened. Now look at Star Trek - hugely popular 6+ months out - and they are taking preorder deposits? If Metallica did what it did, what do you think Star Trek is going to do? Why would they take preorders this early with the sh$%storm that happened with Metallica? Why not wait for it to get closer and to hear from Stern how the allotments for Star Trek are going to be handled?

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from ebononcini:

Well, i haven't received any offers and that's completely understandable. I am stepping up the ante a little bit and am looking for how much to take someone's spot in line? Let me be more direct. I am looking to get this home for 8k shipped. I figure that's anywhere from 100 to 800 profit for someone depending on their distributor pricing. Not sure if that's a big enough carrot but that is my max. Anything above that is too rich for my blood and the premium 2 is not a bad option.

May be a bit difficult - hope you can find someone, though. I've had upwards of $9k offered for mine after my FT trade was posted (still looking for the trade!), so demand seems to be pretty high.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eryeal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-mople-my-pre-order-was-cut?tu=eryeal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.