Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Eskaybee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

040313-pm-img-01.jpg
brad_ridgemont_high.jpg

There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

Howdy,

I am not looking to pay extra money for a MOPLE (well maybe a titch), but looking or hoping that anyone who changes their mind will give me an opportunity to take their spot in line. I am NOT a flipper, just a really bummed out personal collector who really really wanted a MOPLE. My distro got his order cut today after I had a confirmed pre-order and I am on the outside looking in. Please give me a shout if you want to help a pinsider.

thanks!!!
e

#2 6 years ago

What distributor was it?

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

What distributor was it?

A Stern distributor!

#4 6 years ago

Sorry to hear man, seems like an on going theme here as I didn't get one either.

#5 6 years ago

You really can't live with a Premium? It is just a small plaque and different art package not that big of a deal IMO. Plus now it would save you 1K+. However, if you have to have the LE hope you find one soon!

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

You really can't live with a Premium? It is just a small plaque and different art package not that big of a deal IMO. Plus now it would save you 1K+. However, if you have to have the LE hope you find one soon!

You forgot the trim.

#7 6 years ago

You really can't live with a Premium? It is just a small plaque and different art package not that big of a deal IMO. Plus now it would save you 1K+.

Gameplay wise, I completely agree with you. However, based on the mad pre-order frenzy, it's safe to assume that the LE's will be worth quite a bit more in the long run.

#8 6 years ago

What distributor?

#9 6 years ago

Why are people calling this a MOPLE?

Isn't there just one LE? As in Metallica, LE

Is it not MET LE?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Why are people calling this a MOPLE?
Isn't there just one LE? As in Metallica, LE
Is it not MET LE?

MOPLE looks better than METLE.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You forgot the trim.

Easy to get that powder coated and still be way ahead cost wise. In this case, the LE really doesn't make much sense.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Easy to get that powder coated and still be way ahead cost wise. In this case, the LE really doesn't make much sense.

Didn't know that was the issue that we were discussing?

He talked about the differences and didn't mention the trim.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

MOPLE looks better than METLE.

I liked MOPLE, but METLE really is more fitting for more than 1 reason.

#14 6 years ago

I know some may find this hard to believe, but the reason some of us want the MoP version of the game is because we love that specific album and think it would be cool to have a pinball machine with artwork based on it. Not to resell, not because of the supposed prestige of owning something rare, etc. In fact I was planning on operating mine if I got one, which I'm sure most people will find completely insane. Obviously if all else fails, the Premium is an option. But personally, as a Metallica fan for most of my life, the version I want to own is the one based on their best album, not the one with weird glowing neon hot rod cartoon art. It's hard to stomach so many of them being scooped up by scalpers and admitted non-fans who couldn't care less about anything other than the fact that it's limited. I wouldn't care if they made 5000 of them, I'd still want it more than the other versions.

#15 6 years ago

Tomato, tomahto. MOPLE, METLE

I can live with a premium. I just got my hopes up is all. The trim and art work is awesome on the LE to go along with the kick a** playfield and toys. Premium 1 cabinet and premium 2 translight with chrome trim is sounding pretty good too, but the MOPLE/METLE was the best looking. Was gonna be my first LE, so was kinda looking forward to that too. I think honest distributors got hosed on all this. Not gonna start another thread on this whole Stern fiasco and how it was so botched up.

Anyhoo, if you want to get out of line for an LE I will be glad to take your spot and know I will be putting this right next to ACDC.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from ebononcini:

Howdy,
I am not looking to pay extra money for a MOPLE (well maybe a titch), but looking or hoping that anyone who changes their mind will give me an opportunity to take their spot in line. I am NOT a flipper, just a really bummed out personal collector who really really wanted a MOPLE. My distro got his order cut today after I had a confirmed pre-order and I am on the outside looking in. Please give me a shout if you want to help a pinsider.
thanks!!!
e

Sorry to hear about this and wish we could help you but it appears that no one is allowed to deal MoP's on Pinside. Two or three posts recently offering them for sale or trade have all blown up, gotten extremely ugly and personal and been locked. A real shame... hard to understand but I guess if we all can't win then no one should...

I'm happy for those that will get one and it sucks for those that get shut out... better get use to it, it might get worse before it gets better!

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Nicer Trim and Arch, real mirrored backglass, MOP art looks IMO much better then either premium version, could care less about the signature on the PF.

The trim and backglass alone are probably $600 upgrades over the premium.

That and the fact the LE is already jumping in value as we speak Incase you decide it's not for you. Can't say that about the premium. To me it was worth the money it cost me (less then 1k) to pick up a LE over the Premium.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from ebononcini:

Howdy,
thanks!!!
e

If you can live with a premium wait and see how gameplay is. There will be plenty of video after released.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

What distributor?

It was me and I feel terribly about not being able to fill all my orders. This is how the sequence of events played out.

April 9, Stern releases teaser video of new Metallica pinball.
April 9 +10, I have six machines ordered and confirmed for buyers.
April 11, four more people send me deposits and I increase my order accordingly.
April 11, Later in the day, Stern sends letter to dealers saying Metallica LE is sold out

After that the rest is history. Stern was bombarded with orders AFTER the teaser video was released. There was virtually no interest in this machine on April 8th. Everyone wanted this title after they found out it was gone. Stern received multiple orders from different distributors at the same time. I ultimately received four machines. I sold the machines in order of deposits received and did not raise the price. Once again, I apologize for not being able to fill all of my orders. I have offered an extra discount on Metallica Premiums to my customers who were shut out of an LE. I wish I could do more.

Mike
http://www.lanesandgamesarcade.com/

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

It was me and I feel terribly about not being able to fill all my orders. This is how the sequence of events played out.
April 9, Stern releases teaser video of new Metallica pinball.
April 9 +10, I have six machines ordered and confirmed for buyers.
April 11, four more people send me deposits and I increase my order accordingly.
April 11, Later in the day, Stern sends letter to dealers saying Metallica LE is sold out
After that the rest is history. Stern was bombarded with orders AFTER the teaser video was released. There was virtually no interest in this machine on April 8th. Everyone wanted this title after they found out it was gone. Stern received multiple orders from different distributors at the same time. I ultimately received four machines. I sold the machines in order of deposits received and did not raise the price. Once again, I apologize for not being able to fill all of my orders. I have offered an extra discount on Metallica Premiums to my customers who were shut out of an LE. I wish I could do more.
Mike
http://www.lanesandgamesarcade.com/

Interesting - so what you are saying is that Stern just got so many orders at the exact same time they just couldn't keep track of them and couldn't fulfill them? Also according to your timeline - it appears that you actually sold and/or received deposits on machines prior to actually ordering them from Stern - is that right?

#21 6 years ago

Its ok Mike, I actually took your advice and got another pre-order. I called a lot of distro's trying to get one that day after you advised me that you might not be able to fill the order. My friend (he called you about ACDC before) wanted one too so I didn't cancel anything. Both pre-orders got axed. We will both probably get the premiums but I wanted to see if I could still find an LE. If not, just wait a bit and watch video of gameplay first....unless I can't wait.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Interesting - so what you are saying is that Stern just got so many orders at the exact same time they just couldn't keep track of them and couldn't fulfill them? Also according to your timeline - it appears that you actually sold and/or received deposits on machines prior to actually ordering them from Stern - is that right?

Yes, that is correct. people sent me deposits so I would order a machine for them. These machines have not been built yet, no one has them in stock to ship. It should not have been a problem to increase an order within a couple days of the release announcement. No new title has ever sold out this fast. No one saw it coming and everyone was blindsided at the same time, Stern, distributors, and customers alike.

Mike

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Yes, that is correct. people sent me deposits so I would order a machine for them. These machines have not been built yet, no one has them in stock to ship. It should not have been a problem to increase an order within a couple days of the release announcement. No new title has ever sold out this fast. No one saw it coming and everyone was blindsided at the same time, Stern, distributors, and customers alike.
Mike

No problem, really appreciate the honesty and integrity, though. Many distributors are saying they had the machines guaranteed and got cut - certainly with many this may be true. But I have a feeling some are/were in the same boat as you and took orders thinking there's no way they are sold out, but actually turned out that way - and they are just not being honest about it and blaming Stern 100%.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from ebononcini:

Its ok Mike, I actually took your advice and got another pre-order. I called a lot of distro's trying to get one that day after you advised me that you might not be able to fill the order. My friend (he called you about ACDC before) wanted one too so I didn't cancel anything. Both pre-orders got axed. We will both probably get the premiums but I wanted to see if I could still find an LE. If not, just wait a bit and watch video of gameplay first....unless I can't wait.

Hey Ed,

Thanks for being understanding. I hope you can find an LE and I'm sorry I couldn't get you one. If by some miracle anymore fall into my lap I will sell it to you at the original quoted price.

Mike

#25 6 years ago

The same thing will happen when ST is announced. A TON of people already have pre-orders on them so the people that wait till the day it's announced will get hosed again. I had a pre order on MET LE 3 months before it was announced,& paid in full the day of,& nearly missed out!!

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Sorry to hear about this and wish we could help you but it appears that no one is allowed to deal MoP's on Pinside. Two or three posts recently offering them for sale or trade have all blown up, gotten extremely ugly and personal and been locked. A real shame... hard to understand but I guess if we all can't win then no one should...
I'm happy for those that will get one and it sucks for those that get shut out... better get use to it, it might get worse before it gets better!

He wants to buy one close to what they cost, I don't think yours qualified anyways.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Gameplay wise, I completely agree with you. However, based on the mad pre-order frenzy, it's safe to assume that the LE's will be worth quite a bit more in the long run.

Yea I see your point. That said, you never know Hulks were selling pretty high at one point. I buy em to play not as an investment and dont care about the precieved value. I never understood the fascination with LE models when Premiums are available especially when they have 2 versions/art packages. But variety is the spice of life so those that get a kick out of it I hope they are able to find one sooner or later.

#28 6 years ago

The dirty Donny Premium looks s o l i d. Very cool art with identical gameplay.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

What distributor was it?

Quoted from Eryeal:

What distributor?

Guys knock it off. It's not the distributors fault at all. If anything, they didn't get the games they wanted due to the fact that 240 went overseas.

STOP.

#30 6 years ago

Yea I see your point. That said, you never know Hulks were selling pretty high at one point.

Can you do us all a favor and list your games?

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Guys knock it off. It's not the distributors fault at all. If anything, they didn't get the games they wanted due to the fact that 240 went overseas.

STOP.

Cmon Guy's, stop asking questions.

Quoted from eggbert52:

Can you do us all a favor and list your games?

Answer my question!

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

STOP.

#1 - I wanted to know the distributor in case we had the same one and see if I needed to call.

#2 - Don't jump to conclusions based on a simple question - see #1.

#3 - Did you read the direct comments after this by chance? The distributor took orders that they thought they could get, but they couldn't. That puts most of the blame on the distributor - but this is the first time a sell-out of this magnitude happened, and every other time there's been no problem increasing the order, so you can understand why they took a few extra orders thinking it would be no problem to increase their purchase with Stern. The popularity was just completely underestimated by everyone involved. And you can't blame Stern for sending 240 overseas - let's see - 52% to USA, 48% to the REST OF THE WORLD. That's not a bad ratio.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from ebononcini:

Howdy,
thanks!!!
e

I read where jaimmy127 might have one. If not, check with teekee.

Good luck in your search.

#34 6 years ago

I don't want this to go down a bad path for the distributors at all. It is just a really popular theme and bad a** looking game, so it sold out in record unexpected fashion. I really appreciate their effort to try and get me this pin. In the end it wasn't meant to be, so I am coming here to see if there is anyone re-thinking their decision. I suggest if anyone has concerns about their order to contact their distributor and get a confirmation. I think they will all know by now for sure how many they are getting and whether or not your spot is secure.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

#3 - Did you read the direct comments after this by chance? The distributor took orders that they thought they could get, but they couldn't. That puts most of the blame on the distributor - but this is the first time a sell-out of this magnitude happened, and every other time there's been no problem increasing the order, so you can understand why they took a few extra orders thinking it would be no problem to increase their purchase with Stern. The popularity was just completely underestimated by everyone involved. And you can't blame Stern for sending 240 overseas - let's see - 52% to USA, 48% to the REST OF THE WORLD. That's not a bad ratio.

great reply

This is exactly what my distributor told me as well, He had 20 machines, calls were coming in and like usual, he sends stern an email saying he wants 20 more (as is what happened in past LE versions) continues to sell them, only to find out that he wasnt the only one that did this and there wasnt enough to go around. So now customers have to be called back and told they coudnt get one.
Everyone is bashing Stern for this, which IMO is wrong, but truthfully, only one distributor has even mentioned anything like this openly, pinballmike. Others are just not responding. Im assuming so that pinballmob can keep blaming stern and take the blame off of them. In another post, i saw someone saying that Jim Belt was being an ass on the phone. My guess, after the pinballmob mentioned how they wanted to start a class action lawsuit etc against stern, that im sure several of these asses called Jim with that same mentality, that they were owed a machine.

Like it or not, Stern hit it out of the park on this one as far as adverstising and marketing. None of us know as far as game play. But to sell out that quick is great for pinball. It only ensures that they continue making games. Its times when there are distributors having closeout sales like there were on Cirqus Voltaire that we have to start worrying if pinball will be continued.

Luckily, Ive got my LE coming. I contacted my distributor when the rumor of the machine was started, sent out a deposit a long time ago saying to him to set this aside incase the machine is made, this way i was in for his first order period.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

and there you have it....(should be a sticky)

#37 6 years ago

Don't feel bad. Now you get to actually play the game before buying it. Might have saved yourself 8k for a game that might blow serious ass.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Don't feel bad. Now you get to actually play the game before buying it. Might have saved yourself 8k for a game that might blow serious ass.

Sounds like captain was shut out. Who cares it sucks anyway. Milk and cookies time cap'n then a nappy.

#39 6 years ago

Plenty of blame to go around... including ourselves. Many of us waited until the last second to order and expected a limited item to be there waiting for us. C'mon! Wait 'till it comes out, play it and then decide. If you want one there will always be HUO ones for sale. Yeah, you might have to pay more for it but its no different then any other limited edition run. It's only pinball... yeah, right!

#40 6 years ago

Shut up and stop making sense. You are one of those guys with your fancy pins and LE this and HUO that. Your opinion does not count. You are 1%'er

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Shut up and stop making sense.

Definitely! One thing I've learned here... making sense is not always accepted here!

#42 6 years ago

How many of us were sitting on the fence on an LE and freaked/spazzed out when we saw them sell out so quick, then called our distributors demanding that they sell us one since we're good customers? You know it happened.

Plus all the people that genuinely have no interest in the LE for their collection but only to try and flip for profit.

I'm ready to move on from all this shit and see some gameplay.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I think the powder coat color they selected is pretty mundane. I think the "HEP-inspired" Black Nickel trim (from the recent IM/MM posts) would look incredible on the LE.

FWIW, I think the "Dirty Donny" (aka Premium 2) looks great, is more sensibly priced, and is actually available...a winning combo.

snaroff

#44 6 years ago

A day later and $1000 saved I am quite happy with the premium 2 as well : )

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

So then, why not get the OP's personal email and sell/trade him the one you're looking to flip, for the price you paid? Seeing how your heart goes out to him and all...

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

So then, why not get the OP's personal email and sell/trade him the one you're looking to flip, for the price you paid? Seeing how your heart goes out to him and all...

for the same reason you would never do this...

#47 6 years ago

they are all limited. Every game is only made for a short time. Who the hell cares beyond that? Nobody really. Production numbers really don't mean anything in the pinball world if the game sucks. You guys won't know it sucks until it shows up on your doorstep. If you only buy pinball for an investment, then your taking a big gamble that history says has a 90% chance to lose money. If your buying to enjoy it, buy the premium anyway after you played it and it's tried and true.

#48 6 years ago

I was just looking around, and, it now appears that every single LE has been sold including the two that I had seen this week on eBay for $9K. Good luck with your journey, but it looks like it's going to be harder than most. I was angry about AC/DC and Hulk in the past, but love my AC/DC premium and my Avegers Blue. They are still the same game, and the $2K I saved on them enabled me to buy a very nice WPT. All my best! Jim

#49 6 years ago

really? your angry about hulk as it keeps dropping in price? Avengers is going down in flames like Xmen and TRS did.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

really? your angry about hulk as it keeps dropping in price? Avengers is going down in flames like Xmen and TRS did.

I "was" angry about Hulk when my distributor told me he ran out - day 1. I was again happy when I got a "Blue" much later for almost $1000 less. I enjoy the game. Ditto for AC/DC.

There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside