• Latest reply 12 years ago by Pin_Crazed
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mr-hankeys-christmas-picture.jpg
pins1.jpg
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

davewth said:

I think the truth of the matter is that exidy's machine really probably is worth $6000 and that honda's is probably worth closer to $10K on the ebay market.

That's probably true. I don't see to many MB's come up around here and when I do they are never cheap, whether they're blown out or not. Of course what people ask and what they get are usually 2 different things. Someone earlier did mention 2 MB's that sold for under 5K, so you never know.

All i know is there was a MB on CL near me that was up for $5K and it was traded/sold in a day or so the seller said.

#52 12 years ago

It seems that the Original Poster and Exidy could possibly work out a deal on this. I hope he got back to you and you guys were able to make some kind of deal. I'm glad you gave him first crack at it since he instigated the thread.

(Looks like you guys are 600 miles apart, but if you meet half way, not too bad of a drive)

I realize that people can get offended easily when selling things or posting on a pinball forum, sorry this happened, but without a price people are going to offer a price what they would pay for it based on their experiences, and everybody has different experiences.

You can argue with price opinions, but what I do know is that I have first hand experiences with Jim's restoration as he did a restore on MB for me. He knows his stuff and he is one of the top restorers in the world. Yes, the world, and that is not hyperbole. Calling him out on the condition of the machines he has is like calling out Michael Jordan for wearing worn out Air Jordans. (Dumb analogy, but made me smile typing it)

Once again, I really hope the OP and you get together on this. It would make for a good ending, plus it seems he has machines that you might be interested in.

#53 12 years ago

We are still talking and trying to make a deal. have received a shipping quote of $353.70 to ship to me. Worth the driving but that is my opinion as long as it would make it in 1 piece.

This thread exploded...not sure if anyone was questioning his restoration skills as we all love his finished projects. The issues started with the offered price and more so that Jim felt it was a blown out MB. Each person has their own opinions otherwise forums would suck and be boring as hell. I think all the back and forth is done and we can drop it at this point.

I will let everyone know if we end up making a deal.

#54 12 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

We are still talking and trying to make a deal. have received a shipping quote of $353.70 to ship to me. Worth the driving but that is my opinion as long as it would make it in 1 piece.
This thread exploded...not sure if anyone was questioning his restoration skills as we all love his finished projects. The issues started with the offered price and more so that Jim felt it was a blown out MB. Each person has their own opinions otherwise forums would suck and be boring as hell. I think all the back and forth is done and we can drop it at this point.
I will let everyone know if we end up making a deal.

Exactly. He shot a lowball offer over, and when it was rejected, he started publicly trashing the game as "blown out" and "routed" etc. If he thinks that's an exampe of a "blown out, routed" MB, then he's simply incorrect.

I think it was just an obvious matter of sour grapes, that's all.

#55 12 years ago

Man, did this thread turn ugly. I agree with Pinballer22 that everything that needs to be said has been said at this point. If any of you guys still have a problem with each other, I recommend you take it off the forum and continue your discussions privately.

#57 12 years ago

The search continues...anyone else have one for sale or have any leads? Thanks

#58 12 years ago

I gave you a lead earlier but it was probably lost in the shuffle, think I posted it this afternoon when they were talking about polished turds

#59 12 years ago
Quoted from pin-tastic:

I posted it this afternoon when they were talking about polished turds

I apologized for mucking up his thread !

Jim

#60 12 years ago

Pintastic...reached out to him and heard back it was previously sold

Thanks for that lead though

#61 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The_Dude_Abides said:davewth said:i'm guessing the reserve is more like $7500.
Ouch!
Nice MB's are $7k pins these days. And up.

Like I said, they are $7k and up:

ebay.com link: itm

#62 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Like I said, they are $7k and up:

That's because of the well placed sock monkeys. Everybody knows sock monkeys add an extra 10% to 20% to the value of any pin. Rumor has it that the guy who runs Game Room Collectibles on Ebay is going to substitute his model for sock monkeys.

#63 12 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

That's because of the well placed sock monkeys.

and that one even has mosh pit wear!

#64 12 years ago

I hate when the models have mosh pit wear. kinda skanky IMHO

#65 12 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

RobT said:Like I said, they are $7k and up:
That's because of the well placed sock monkeys. Everybody knows sock monkeys add an extra 10% to 20% to the value of any pin. Rumor has it that the guy who runs Game Room Collectibles on Ebay is going to substitute his model for sock monkeys.

#66 12 years ago

I am going to place a bid of 7500.00 to win this game, so I can shake my low baller status and roll with the big boys ..

Jim

#67 12 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Rumor has it that the guy who runs Game Room Collectibles on Ebay is going to substitute his model for sock monkeys.

The truth is that she will WEAR the sock monkeys, I heard that through a unnamed source.

Quoted from McCune:

I am going to place a bid of 7500.00 to win this game, so I can shake my low baller status and roll with the big boys

It's about time, Jim. I am tired of thinking of you as "that cheapskate"

As for me, if I don't own at least 2 machines every time I spend $7500....I quit.

#68 12 years ago

so did you win since it sold for 7500

#69 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

so did you win since it sold for 7500

I doubt it. Honda350R will always be a low baller

#70 12 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

I doubt it. Honda350R will always be a low baller

I hope I can some day shake the low baller status someday as I did not win the MB ,although it was a good call on my part .

That is a nice IJ in your avatar EEE !

Jim

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-monster-bash/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.