WTB: Monster Bash pinball....let's try this again

By Pinballer22

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Looking to buy a MB in any condition except fully restored. Can be a beat to he'll core game or nice original. Cash in hand and willing to pay and set up shipping.

Would trade any of the following of my games: pinball magic, tf autobots, scared stiff

#3 11 years ago

That machine looks to be in really good shape. I think itll go for over 8k!

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

I think it'll go for over 8k!

HUH ? You can buy it right now for 6200.00 . The guy who owns it makes pincab protectors.

Jim

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Rick471 said:I think it'll go for over 8k!
HUH ? You can buy it right now for 6200.00 . The guy who owns it makes pincab protectors.
Jim

Doubt it. If I was close I would call him and offer the $6200 on his KSL ad. But he has in on Ebay and it will go over that 6200 if stays listed. He has 10 bidders on it already.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

Doubt it. If I was close I would call him and offer the $6200 on his KSL ad. But he has in on Ebay and it will go over that 6200 if stays listed. He has 10 bidders on it already.

I did not know he had a ebay action as well.

Jim

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Rick471 said:Doubt it. If I was close I would call him and offer the $6200 on his KSL ad. But he has in on Ebay and it will go over that 6200 if stays listed. He has 10 bidders on it already.
I did not know he had a ebay action as well.
Jim

No prob. He also has a TOM listed on Ebay going for about 3600. Looks good as well.

#8 11 years ago

This game in question is just a typical blown out game that will need the same parts as a trashed one to make nice . Problem is either one brings big money . A nice MB should be worth 10K if you go buy what routed beaters go for . 8K would be ridiculous for this game .

Jim

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

This game in question is just a typical blown out game that will need the same parts as a trashed one to make nice . Problem is either one brings big money . A nice MB should be worth 10K if you go buy what routed beaters go for . 8K would be ridiculous for this game .
Jim

Im with you. I would pay 6k for this game, not the 8k I think it will sell for.

Alot of people not in the know shop Ebay for pins. A nice TZ just went for $6500 I think. A TZ at $6500, to me, is really high but that is what Ebay can do for sellers.

I would be more inclined to buy this machine from this seller as he is involved in the pin business and I dont think he would be out to rip anyone off. I would think.

Just my lil ole opinion...

#10 11 years ago

In late 2009 this MB sold for 7k. People said back then, the price was high and it would take awhile to sell. It sold in on week.

Wow! How things change in just a few short years !

https://picasaweb.google.com/honda350r/MBRestore2

Jim

#11 11 years ago

Damn Jim!

That is a beautiful machine! I think it would have sold for big, big bucks today..

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

In late 2009 this MB sold for 7k. People said back then, the price was high and it would take awhile to sell. It sold in on week.
Wow! How things change in just a few short years !
https://picasaweb.google.com/honda350r/MBRestore2
Jim

That's one sweet MB Jim!

#14 11 years ago

Is that your MB crazed????

#15 11 years ago

looks like it is going to bring some good $ up to 68xx right now

#16 11 years ago

Nope not mine, pin cab protectors. "Hey, those are my Bruno Malis!"

#17 11 years ago

$7300 this went for, this game just keeps going up and up

#18 11 years ago

As I started planning my games I put this on my list. Played one at a pinsiders home and was really on board. But that was being relatively new and only playing a few games. Played some newer Sterns and had just as much fun, if not more. So for me its off the list when I can get an LE NIB delivered for thousands less. I think once the collector lets go of the ideal the true product just aint worth the coin.

#19 11 years ago

After seeing that im gonna sell my MB...its in better shape, but not by much.

#20 11 years ago

Robbiev...sent you a pm on you MB but it shows in your owned in the past already??? Maybe I missed one again

#21 11 years ago

Nah...I have one...I just came back to pinside..I have had a few since then.

#22 11 years ago

Just because one sold on Ebay for $7,300, does not mean the game keeps going up and up. This is just one example, and an Ebay one at that.

Quoted from dvandentop:

$7300 this went for, this game just keeps going up and up

#23 11 years ago

$7300 on Ebay! I think you will find that soon to be the norm. There are guys that don't want to wait 6 months just to end up paying that anyway.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Just because one sold on Ebay for $7,300, does not mean the game keeps going up and up. This is just one example, and an Ebay one at that.
dvandentop said:$7300 this went for, this game just keeps going up and up

dude i have been watching this been for a about 2 years, i wish i would have pulled the trigger back then but figured i could wait, then i ended up paying alot more in march 2012.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

jalpert said:Just because one sold on Ebay for $7,300, does not mean the game keeps going up and up. This is just one example, and an Ebay one at that.
dude i have been watching this been for a about 2 years, i wish i would have pulled the trigger back then but figured i could wait, then i ended up paying alot more in march 2012.

I agree with you, these things are going up and up, the fact that they were 3500 less than 2 years ago, and now fetching 7000, the fact that one sold for 7300 on eBay DOES PROVE someone was willing to pay that, and it this point why not, what is an extra 300 bucks to get it now instead of waiting 6 more months to find one right! Because by then it will be worth 7500...yipes

#26 11 years ago

There will be a ceiling on all pins but if you can say get a restored MB for the same price as a new Stern LE, it seems to be that MB is the way to go. A timeless, iconic theme, one of the top pinballs ever made, and a fairly limited number made ( 3000 ish ).

I would rather buy a really nice MB than a new Stern. Long term, while impossible to predict, guessing MB will prove a better buy IF the value of a pin is of concern. No real point buying either unless you think you will get real fun from the pin!

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

There will be a ceiling on all pins but if you can say get a restored MB for the same price as a new Stern LE

Right now, you can't get a restored MB for the price of a new LE. A blown out MB gets $7000 plus then you have $4000 parts/labor/shipping (conservative number there IMHO) if you have somebody like Mr. McCune do the work.

#28 11 years ago

If you check the bid history there were 4 separate bidders $6900 or higher.

My MB is certainly in much better shape..i would have a hard time turn down 7300. Guess people got them tax returns burning a hole in their pocket

Quoted from ovfdfireman:

dvandentop said:jalpert said:Just because one sold on Ebay for $7,300, does not mean the game keeps going up and up. This is just one example, and an Ebay one at that.
I agree with you, these things are going up and up, the fact that they were 3500 less than 2 years ago, and now fetching 7000, the fact that one sold for 7300 on eBay DOES PROVE someone was willing to pay that, and it this point why not, what is an extra 300 bucks to get it now instead of waiting 6 more months to find one right! Because by then it will be worth 7500...yipes

#29 11 years ago

Hey man great meeting you, glad we could make the trade! Looking forward to my new Scared Stiff!!!! Enjoy MB!

#30 11 years ago

Thanks again ovfdfireman! Just got her set up and damn I missed my MB!! Great to meet you and play some pinball!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-monster-bash-pinballlets-try-this-again?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.