Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pinmeister
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hardware.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 11 years ago

Are you sure you got screwed?

I took off work today. I left the bank from withdrawing money at 11:30am this morning to go pick it up.

The seller contacted me at that exact time to give a heads up that someone who lived closer was on their way to look at it. I had a 90 minute drive ahead of me. They had a 45 minute drive.

Point is if he didn't buy I would have at 1pm. We're you going to be there with cash earlier than that? Trying to ease your pain.

I could have been there as early as 9:30am to buy it, but wanted to wait to borrow a vehicle to load it up and be done in one day. No regrets.

To clarify, I don't know the seller personally but he seemed real honest with me.

-Brian

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

found one for $6900 on Mr Pinball that had some Decal issues...confirmed i was coming today than was told this morning someone else was coming to look at it before me followed by a sorry it was sold email...

Money talks bud, unless you put a deposit down you should know how this works. Especially with a title like that. I can't agree that the seller did anything wrong. Some reason I feel the need to defend him. Lol

-Brian

#9 11 years ago

Trust me I understand the disappointment. Not trying to give you a hard time on top of the situation. Learn from it and move on. Most people don't care about holding to their word. It's sad.

I'm happy to say I won't be competing with you for a MB anytime soon so maybe that will help you solidify the title. Chances are you'll find a better one at a better price. : )

I wish you luck in finding one.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If I was the seller I would have put people contacting after you on a list and called them back if something fell through with the agreed to deal. Apparently I do it wrong.

That's the way it should have been done. No doubt. It just doesn't sometimes unfortunately.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

My buddy actually got this game and is on his way back with it now. He contacted the seller last night too. He picked it up at like 2pm today. Don't know how he got it but its in his car now. I'm sure he will chime in here when he gets her home. He got it less than asking price too.
I guess some days you are lucky and some not. God knows I ( and my buddy) have been screwed many times.

I guess if I left at 11:30am I could have picked it up at 1pm before him. The plot thickens. : p

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Don't worry you are not alone. That is how I would do it as well but we are in the minority. For most people the first person with cash gets it, regardless of other arrangements. Everyone around here seems to sell pins that way and that is why I don't even bother most of the time.
For example a machine came up for sale recently near me that I was interested in and there was a potential buyer scheduled to go look at it the following night. The seller said I was more then welcome to come buy it since it's first person with cash gets it. I said I didn't want to screw over the person who contact him before me and already had an appointment since I been in their position before and know how it feels. I told him to let me know if the person with the appointment passes and then I would check it out. Ended up the guy with the appointment purchased the machine so I didn't get it. Now since I lived close by I could have went the night before and purchased it, but I have a conscious and would have felt bad about it. I am probably in the minority though since most people are pretty cut-throat in this hobby and will do anything to get a good deal. Not saying people are right or wrong but just have different ways of doing things.

That's a good point. I was told by the seller that there was others interested that would stop by to look at later, but seriously many "sales people" will say that just to try to sell the pin. Hard to tell what the truth is.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from ButtonMash:

oh, so he even said that and you're *still* trashing him?

Hey bud, I'm defending the seller. You may need to read again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 75.00
$ 12.95
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hardware.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-monster-bash-3?tu=hardware and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.