You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I am looking for an MMR LE "Gold"

Please send me a PM if you have any info

Many Thanks,

Rob

#2 9 years ago

Look up pinballphil he is a pinsider who is also a distributor I think he had one sorry could not figure out how to post the link.

#4 9 years ago

PinballSTAR is an authorized Planetary distributor and I do have some LE's left (gold) - shoot me an email at [email protected] if interested. Good luck in search...
Thanks, Joe

#5 9 years ago

Contact Larry at Flip N Out pinball. Great guy to deal with and I think he may have one left unless someone snatched it up already.

#6 9 years ago

Here is a list of authorized distributers for the LE. Getting it from anyone else there is no guarantee of warrantee coverage if nothing has changed since day one.

Planetary Pinball Supply (CA)
pinballsales.com (NJ)
Automated Services (CT)
Ministry Of Pinball (Netherlands)
Starburst (Canada)
Pinball Heaven (UK)
Mr. Pinball Australia (AU)
Twisted Pins (ID)
Arcades at Home (IL)

#7 9 years ago

http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr-resell/

Your list of distributors is incomplete... not sure where you got that one from... There might be a different set of distributors for Planetary parts and Planetary MMR... But above link will show all the authorized guys, including PinballSTAR as I stated above.

TY

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Here is a list of authorized distributers for the LE. Getting it from anyone else there is no guarantee of warrantee coverage if nothing has changed since day one.
pinballsales.com (NJ)
Automated Services (CT)
Starburst (Canada)
Pinball Heaven (UK)
Twisted Pins (ID)
Arcades at Home (IL)

You left me off the list. I am an authorized reseller as well.

[email protected]

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Your list of distributors is incomplete... not sure where you got that one from...

This was the original list of distributers for the LE as per Rick in the remake thread. Other distributers were added for resale of the standard model. I was told in the beginning if I ordered an LE from anyone else there would be no guarantee of getting one and warrantees would only be honored through the listed distributers and I have not seen an update that says any different.

#10 9 years ago

Well I have sold many LE's so I guess that updates what you posted. A few resellers were added after the original list and we are no different than the others.

#11 9 years ago

Here are the statements from Rick at PPS in the original thread-

Distributors are responsibile for warranty support (local or remote), any issues that you have should be taken up directly with the distributor first - they will be responsible for obtaining service contacts if they are remote from the game.

Here are the list of LE (had games allocated) Authorized Distributors and where they are located:

pinballsales.com (NJ)
Automated Services (CT)
Starburst (Canada)
Pinball Heaven (UK)
Twisted Pins (ID)
Arcades at Home (IL)

Distribution I will answer in a separate reply - simple is that there will be authorized distributors that warranty is covered - if you are not authorized there will not be warranty support. For the LE's it is a small list, for the Stds we are working on increasing the number of distributors this week.

#12 9 years ago

Wow, nothing ever changes in pinball, right? LOL So you can go with that original statement if you want but myself and several others are authorized to sell ALL MMR's and warranty is NOT an issue.

Larry

#13 9 years ago

No everyone on the website now is an standard and LE distributor - PinballSTAR, Larry, etc... The list was updated as distributors were added... At that time of that statement I would suspect that LE's were sold out and that warning was buying 2nd hand off unauthorized distributors which PPS is very strict about. PPS has sold us LE's that have come in as cancelled before the drop dead cancel date hit and I'm sure that is the same case for Larry as well... No worries guys - don't start something that doesn't exist. You can't take an email post from 1 year ago and say it's current, it's not. Call Rick if you must. Everyone on the current distributor list is a distributor in good standing. I can show you my distributor invoice for LE's if you need... lol
: )

#14 9 years ago

I believe you guys, but I am surprised that PPS didn't update the distributer situation regarding LEs when it happened. I was just going by the information that was made available from PPS themselves. Unless I missed something.

#15 9 years ago

They did update on the website which is where people go for current info, not a year old post. Again, the message from 12 months ago was when LE's were sold out and many distributors such as Larry and I just weren't appointed yet. Since then they have had LE's cancel and funneled to us to sell. Nothing else, just old info. I just got an email last week asking how many of our LE's we want in gold, black, or chrome... : )
All good... TY for understanding. PinballSTAR is good and I know Larry is also well respected as I'm sure are anyone else listed on the website as a distributor - it's not a big list - they were obviously choosy on who they appointed : )
Joe

#16 9 years ago

Well said Joe, thanks.

#17 9 years ago

It doesn't make much sense that someone would be authorized to sell a standard and not an LE. An authorized distributor is an authorized distributor.

I'd buy whatever you can get at this point from anyone on this list:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr-resell/

If they are on that list, you're good. If not, I'd avoid them.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It doesn't make much sense that someone would be authorized to sell a standard and not an LE.

It didn't make much sense to me when I first ordered an LE from a standard dealer and had to cancel and order elsewhere. And now they can sell the machine that they could not sell before.

#19 9 years ago

Larry was the 1st one to reach out to me on this.

Placed an order with Larry @ "Flip n Out" today for an LE "Gold."

Can't wait!!

Thanks for all here who offered to help with this.

Much appreciated,

Rob

#20 9 years ago

Way to go Larry. The early bird gets the worm as they say.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Garbonzo:

Way to go Larry. The early bird gets the worm as they say.

Thanks!

#22 9 years ago

I was left off the 'Authorized Buyer's List' . . . shelled out big bucks for a TOY! That ought to make me an official sumthin!

Was just thinking today . . . in 1968 (21 years old) I bought a brand new Chevy Super Sport Chevelle with a 396 engine, 425 HP, 4 in the floor, posi-traction rear-end, fire engine red, with black vinyl top and white interior/leather seats. I paid $3,200 for this, including dealer add-on's and Kentucky Sales Tax. I could buy THREE brand new cars THEN, for the price of one pinball machine now!!! Who would ever have thunk it?!

1 week later
#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Was just thinking today . . . in 1968 (21 years old) I bought a brand new Chevy Super Sport Chevelle with a 396 engine, 425 HP, 4 in the floor, posi-traction rear-end, fire engine red, with black vinyl top and white interior/leather seats. I paid $3,200 for this, including dealer add-on's and Kentucky Sales Tax. I could buy THREE brand new cars THEN, for the price of one pinball machine now!!! Who would ever have thunk it?!

The high inflation of the 70s wasn't kind to these kind of comparisons---$3200 1968 dollars is about $22,000 today---so your car is still safely more expensive than some pins.

I don't know what a new pin in '68 was worth: anybody remember buying a new machine back then?

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

I don't know what a new pin in '68 was worth: anybody remember buying a new machine back then?

I wasn't buying back then, but they were a couple hundred bucks from what I have heard. Less than a color TV.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-mmr-le-gold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.